Good Wallets?

I have a pair of wallets from saddleback leather co. Sturdy as heck and a no BS 100 year guarantee to whomever owns it in the future. They are made in Mexico which is the only slight downside I've found but the craftsmanship and the materials used are 10x better than my previous "lifetime guarantee" Coach wallet.

Saddleback

If anyone may be interested- Coach weaseled on the "lifetime guarantee" on the wallet my family bought me stating that the seams coming un-stiched in the leather from credit cards over the years marked the end of the "natural life" of the product and refused to repair. Tried to sell me a new wallet for $130 made overseas. 

To quote the policy

"If, during its lifetime, your item should require repair, we offer a repair service for many of our products. There is a shipping and handling charge of $20 (plus tax, where applicable) for each item submitted for repair."

Sourcehttp://www.coach.com/online/handbags/genWCM-10551-10051-en-/Coach_US/CustomerService/ProductInformation/Coach+Guarantee

Edited by 2.ooohhh
  • Moderators

If it's leather you want, then I would say that the Belroy wallets have always intrigued me. I doubt I will get one because of the price.

Currently I use a Spec-Ops Brand T.H.E. Wallet. I like it, but it is nylon. It is very tough, I've been using it for probably 5 years now.

http://www.slimfoldwallet.com

However, I am curious about the Slimfold Wallets. They are made of Tyvek. I like how thin they are. I have been considering giving one of them a try vs. my Spec-Ops Brand. Roughly $20, so not a lot to lose.

I'm trying to stay away from leather.

+1 on the Saddleback, it's the one I've had for 3yrs. It's been rained on during memorial rides, been wet during canoeing and sweat on plenty from being in field training and being a MX guy. I agree with the store wallets not lasting, I average 1 every 3 yrs where as the Saddleback still looking strong. I don't think I'll have to use the 100yr warranty....

Great suggestions. Bullhide looks good but I think Spots has a winner. What do those Mothergoose run? I like that a lot.

I think my custom was $100 3 years ago, but its been awhile. It is one hell of a stout wallet though, and he will build them just about any way you want. Tell him Jordan sent you that way if you dont care.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

I use a money clip wallet and just ordered a gray Elephant from him. Thanks for the link.

I use money clips too and in my front pocket. Started noticing back pain from keeping a wallet in my back pocket. Great way to minimize what you carry.

I use money clips too and in my front pocket. Started noticing back pain from keeping a wallet in my back pocket. Great way to minimize what you carry.

I started carrying my wallet in my front pocket several years ago. I think it's a lot more comfortable. And like you said, you basically only carry what you need.

I've had a fossil wallet for at least 10 years and it has held up great. I used to have a brown one before this one( but stolen when my car was broken into while biking at Hamilton trace long ago). The replacement is black., and has a removable ID pocket for when I decide to go lightweight.

Still going strong, even got it wet on a kayak trip, but still holds up.

It's my dad who seems to go thru wallets, his don't last long it seems. But the last one i bought for him( at a custom leatherworks booth at the Bellbuckle craft show) has held up better than any he has had before. Think it cost me  $25-30. Well worth it beings a father's day present.

I'm amazed at how large some people's wallets are. They have way, way too many layers of leather in them or they tri-fold, which makes them half again as thick.

I looked at these links and didn't see anything that I would carry. For years, I've carried a wallet that is square. It has five slots for credit cards on one side and four on the other. That way the cards overlap so it's not as thick. It has a long slot for folding money, but I don't carry folding money in my wallet. Instead, I carry the SOG Access Card 2.0 knife as a money clip.  My wallet measures 4 1/4 by 4 1/2 and is 3/4 inch thick when filled with all the cards I normally carry.

It's wallet in the left rear, money clip in left front, Kel Tec P3-AT in right front, and phone in a belt holster. Everything balances, nothing is readily accessible to a thief. Everything is readily accessible to me.

I really, really hate wallets that are so long that they stick out of the back pocket. You might as well wear a t-shirt that says "Steal my wallet" on it.

Edited by jgradyc

I'm amazed at how large some people's wallets are. They have way, way too many layers of leather in them or they tri-fold, which makes them half again as thick.

I looked at these links and didn't see anything that I would carry. For years, I've carried a wallet that is square. It has five slots for credit cards on one side and four on the other. That way the cards overlap so it's not as thick. It has a long slot for folding money, but I don't carry folding money in my wallet. Instead, I carry the SOG Access Card 2.0 knife as a money clip.  My wallet measures 4 1/4 by 4 1/2 and is 3/4 inch thick when filled with all the cards I normally carry.

It's wallet in the left rear, money clip in left front, Kel Tec P3-AT in right front, and phone in a belt holster. Everything balances, nothing is readily accessible to a thief. Everything is readily accessible to me.

I really, really hate wallets that are so long that they stick out of the back pocket. You might as well wear a t-shirt that says "Steal my wallet" on it.

I went with two of the smaller saddlebacks. A couple debit cards, a little cash, and TNDL in one; Back up credit card and HCP in the other often carried in my front pocket with my phone. I never liked the idea of having to reach towards my weapon to present my permit to an officer if requested and shiny HCP badges aren't my style. :yuck:

9630393762_53a00e7cce_n.jpg

I know they don't look it but both are around 2 years old have been dunked in the pool, lake, and river several times each. Both are thinner than my iphone despite looking kinda pudgy in the pics to me.