Almost time to slang some arrows

I will probably do a Chris Farley dance the first time I take one with my bow. Hope to make it out of the stand before that dance happens though! I'm still as excited now, as the first time I saw a deer in the woods, its never changed. If its a buck, doe, or fawn, doesn't matter. They can be way out of range and my heart still goes thumpity thump, just seeing them.
  • Like 1

Specially since I learned the 2nd shot you can't cock it with it on safe..only took 20 mins to figure that out LOL

That's not bad, probably take me 40 minutes to figure it out haha. I shot my friends crossbow Monday, first time I've ever shot one. Pretty sweet but wouldn't want to need a follow up shot if I was in my climber. On the ground wouldn't be bad I don't think. That thing is fast for sure!
Saw a ton of deer this evening in Bethesda. Nice 8 pointer and some I couldn't make out, and best of all, the old albino that's been hanging around there for years. Getting PUMPED!!!! Going out to set up my new stand tomorrow and may hang out till dark and see what's rolling around.
A walked on my land a little this afternoon looking around. Saw a fat doe, but a brought home a TON of seed ticks. They were out in force, and i had dozens of them on my legs. Can't wait for a good frost...

I usually wear long pants, boots and spray down real good... Didn't do that this time. I paid for it Edited by Batman

Funny...
I went out scouting yesterday and had NO Ticks.
I was shocked.  Going through high fields and thick woods in Shorts.
I sprayed with DEET but that doesn't usually keep ticks off of me.

That's because they all attacked Batman lol
Well, I will report Saturday on how bad I got ate up. Hate them lil suckers!

That's because they all attacked Batman lol
Well, I will report Saturday on how bad I got ate up. Hate them lil suckers!

And that's no lie... they all attacked me! I am still itching like crazy. They put a hurtin' on me. I thought they were seed ticks cause I pulled a few (about 50) tiny specks off that looked like baby ticks, but the rash looks and feels like chiggers. Both ankles (bad), both legs, waist, and all areas in between that were totally off limits, lol. Yeowouch!

You guys should be able to walk freely at will through the woods and tall grass now. I cleared them all out for ya, lol.

Do seed tick bites look/feel like chigger bites? I would have thought this to be chiggers if I hadn't pulled the little devils off with tweezers. Edited by Batman

And that's no lie... they all attacked me! I am still itching like crazy. They put a hurtin' on me. I thought they were seed ticks cause I pulled a few (about 50) tiny specks off that looked like baby ticks, but the rash looks and feels like chiggers. Both ankles (bad), both legs, waist, and all areas in between that were totally off limits, lol. Yeowouch!

You guys should be able to walk freely at will through the woods and tall grass now. I cleared them all out for ya, lol.

Do seed tick bites look/feel like chigger bites? I would have thought this to be chiggers if I hadn't pulled the little devils off with tweezers.

I've heard that you're supposed to scratch the infected area really hard, then pour alcohol directly on them. :rofl:

I'm not sure on the difference of the looks. All I know is that any of them are a pain in the arse! And they take their sweet time healing ha ha. Hope it clears up before opening day Batman, if you're moving and scratching, you may not see any deer LOL.

I've heard that you're supposed to scratch the infected area really hard, then pour alcohol directly on them. :rofl:
I'm not sure on the difference of the looks. All I know is that any of them are a pain in the arse! And they take their sweet time healing ha ha. Hope it clears up before opening day Batman, if you're moving and scratching, you may not see any deer LOL.

Found the cure! I actually did scratch it really hard. I decided I'd rather have pain than the itching, lol. Once I ripped my skin all up then I cleaned it with hot soapy water and triple antibiotic cream (I decided not to pour the alcohol this time ;)). I slept great! Itching is gone, and now it's healing up nicely. Hopefully the "ants in my pants" will be gone by opening day otherwise I'll be out there with a back scratcher, lol Edited by Batman
  • Like 1
The only difference I've been able to tell between chiggers and the small seed ticks are exactly what you said. You usually have to pull the ticks off, chiggers, you don't. Also, its an urban legend to put nail polish on chigger bites. They don't burrow inside you, once you itch or take a shower, the chiggers are gone, but the damage has already been done.
  • Like 2

Well, I got my new ladder stand put up today, thanks to the help of my friend who is hunting the same property. Sure would have taken longer by myself. Had the stand itself already together so that saved time too. Cleaned out some shooting lanes, measured some distances and marked them, and just sat in it for a little while soaking it all in. 2 WEEKS!!!! AGHHHHHHH! I'm about to lose it  :woohoo:

[URL=http://s277.photobucket.com/user/blue89k5/media/IMAG0316_zpsb0002cd2.jpg.html]IMAG0316_zpsb0002cd2.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

That's my cure for poison ivy!!!!
  • Like 1
Went back out today and put my 3D wrap around the stand, cleaned the mess and twigs out fro under the stand, and sat up in it watching squirrels be squirrels. Those lil suckers crack me up, especially when one finds the others stash Lmao! I'm sitting up there whispering "Ladies and gentlemen, LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!
Batman, I started to thank you for taking all the chigger bites, but about 8 o'clock, here come the itching! Right there with ya on the cussing! But hey brother, its all good....13 days and we won't care :rock:
Been getting some good trail cam pics finally. Have my sights set on a cull buck and have one decent 9 pt. also had tons of coyote pics finally. They had dissappeared until recently now I seem to have more dogs than deer! This will be resolved ASAP though! Nothing like practice with the bow from the stand!

Been getting some good trail cam pics finally. Have my sights set on a cull buck and have one decent 9 pt. also had tons of coyote pics finally. They had dissappeared until recently now I seem to have more dogs than deer! This will be resolved ASAP though! Nothing like practice with the bow from the stand!

That's awesome! Hope you get a few coyotes, I'd love to get one this year. Saw one last year where I hunt but by the time I saw him, he had already sensed something was wrong and did a Curly Shuffle in the air and was gone!

i am still tweaking my d350 for the season. but i will have it slinging just fine come hunting season.

Those are nice bows! I am still on my first bow, bought it from my brother-in -law so I could see if I even wanted to bow hunt 3 years ago. Its around 10 years old or so, and is an Alpine Rebel. I put all new everything on it and love shooting it. Its heavy compared to todays bows, but I'm gonna kill a deer with it before I upgrade. Yep, still a bow kill virgin, but lookin to draw blood soon....lol that don't sound right! It shall be a GLORIOUS day!