Anyone having or know of a dove hunt?

I've let Dove season slip up on me and have not located anywhere to hunt. None of the usual places that I hunt have anything planted or cut. I'm not real big on TWRA hunts because of the high probability of morons mixed in but I may have to stoop to that if i can't find anything else. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck. I remember when there used to be private hunts all over. People would put up signs and charge a small fee per hunter. I haven't been on a good private hunt in over 10 years. We have had to resort to TWRA lease fields the past few years. They are usually hit or miss. I haven't had any trouble with the idiot factor on any of the hunts. Of course, we hunt lease fields that aren't near the big Metro. 

Good luck. I remember when there used to be private hunts all over. People would put up signs and charge a small fee per hunter. I haven't been on a good private hunt in over 10 years. We have had to resort to TWRA lease fields the past few years. They are usually hit or miss. I haven't had any trouble with the idiot factor on any of the hunts. Of course, we hunt lease fields that aren't near the big Metro. 

We used to be covered up with options here around the house but that was back when the dairy farmers (used to be 7 or 8 within 10 miles of me) planted early corn and chopped it for silage. Now only 1 maybe 2 of them are still milking and everyone else started bailing green hay and wrapping it instead of silage. It works out a lot better for them, does nothing for dove hunting. I should have started making a few calls a week or so ago..

I had planned to got to MO with my Father-In-Law (he's got access to great Corn Fields to Hunt) but I've got last minute work that I have to do so I won't make to opening day :(

If I find somewhere to go I may try Monday afternoon. I forgot I had told my wife I would go visit a friend on Sunday afternoon. That being said, if I found a really promising field, she might be flying solo.
Same boat here , my son and I have not dove hunted in 6 years. Used to hunt in Dickson and take the man a Honey Baked ham every year. They stopped shooting the field. I practically raised my son dove hunting there for years , sad , guess I should try to find their number and give them a call. Edited by Threeeighty
Well I missed a great dove shoot yesterday. Apparently the Robertson Co. Field hit hard yesterday. I spoke with the game warden today and they had a great hunt opening day. Something like 500 birds taken. Of course we were a day late... Still had a good time. Few birds, but enough to keep us awake.

Yup.