Free Puppies to Good homes

Smith

Got a great lab from a member here a couple years ago and evidently one of the neighborhood dogs got in the yard and then in her kennel and now we have puppies. 9 to be exact. Moms had severe mastitis so they have been bottle feed since week one. They are now weaned off the bottle and eat puppy food like a champ! 4 weeks old. Little young but ready to go. Quicker they identify your family, the quicker they will bond. 3/4 lab and maybe a little pit. 3 brown and one black male, 3 black females and one grey female. Most have a small bit of white on their chest and toes.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Like 2

My goodness but that's cute!!

On a serious note, if you do take one of these pups, please get him/her fixed unless you are willing to take on grandpups in a few years. So many heartbreaking stories of animals being sent to the pound would never happen if people spayed their pets.  Smith--is it too late to spay mama?  I think that should be done.

• Like 3

My goodness but that's cute!!

On a serious note, if you do take one of these pups, please get him/her fixed unless you are willing to take on grandpups in a few years. So many heartbreaking stories of animals being sent to the pound would never happen if people spayed their pets. Smith--is it too late to spay mama? I think that should be done.

No we are going to get her fixed after this. She's such a good dog I was thinking of breeding her when she got a little older. She just turned 2 and I would have never thought she'd have 10 in her first litter (one died). Unfortunatly we have some neighbors that think their dogs can run all over the neighborhood. I had her in a fenced yard with a fenced kennel on a concrete pad. Such is life. ;)

Its way to early for them to go anywhere yet..Please keep them at least another month..12 weeks is the best age..before that they are still learning from mom and at 4 weeks they are to young to get any shots really. 4 weeks is the bare minimum for shots..And they are so sucsebtible to Parvo at that age also...

I know you said the mom is not feeding them but still  4 weeks is to early..

• Like 1

Its way to early for them to go anywhere yet..Please keep them at least another month..12 weeks is the best age..before that they are still learning from mom and at 4 weeks they are to young to get any shots really. 4 weeks is the bare minimum for shots..And they are so sucsebtible to Parvo at that age also...
I know you said the mom is not feeding them but still 4 weeks is to early..

It is a unique case. Mom has been separated from them since the end of week one. We've been their mom for the bulk of the time. They've adjusted well. Shots will come in two more weeks if we still have them. Vet has seen them and they've been cleared.
Been on a farm most life and my family had been in industrial castle breeding, horse training, and dog breeding so I know this is not the standard but it is ok in this instance. They are doing well.

Reminds me of one of the more unique litters we had when I was a child. We had a cat that abandoned her litter, at the same time we had a Chihuahua who had a litter. To this day I am not sure if those dogs thought they were cats, or the cats thought they were dogs, but they all suckled the same teats and grew up as a litter together. 

Edited by Murgatroy

Man, they all look like great pups but I have a feeling that the little black one in the second picture down is going to have the biggest personality.  Just look at the intelligence and mischief that are already evident in its eye.

That is the one I'd want if I could take one.  I can't, however, as I already have a dog and one is the limit, for me.  Besides, she'd probably kick me and the new pup both out.

Good folks and good pups.

My cat thinks we have betrayed her, but she is currently withholding judgement.

Our new pup napped in a lap the entire trip back to Kentucky with a pit stop where she displayed nearly perfect manners.

She is currently curled up on a blanket taking a nap. I am sure today has been a pretty exciting day for her. 

• Like 1
Here's a bump till the morning. Sour Kraut don't worry, we've had two rescues at 4 weeks and they did great. Parvo comes from the pound and puppy mills, at that age I would not take them around dog parks or stores either. If we could take them we would but five is the limit. Please try to get them to a rescue if you can't find a home. I can give you some places if you need. Good luck.

Smith, if there are any left, I'll get in touch with my sister and brother-in-law. They just bought a house and were thinking about getting a dog for when my brother-in-law travels for work.

I'll see them tomorrow afternoon, we're helping them paint walls before their move-in.

Bandit is adapting well.

She ignores Moeko and Moeko accepts the fact that there is something else living in the house. I think she has decided not to kill and eat her. 

She is doing well with potty training up to this point, we have had an accident or two, but she clearly understands what the trips outside are for.

One thing is for certain, she is a chewer. Her kennel is littered with pig ears and rawhide chews, but she still prefers clothes and toes.

I think she is going to be a fine dog.

• Like 1

Bandit is adapting well.

She ignores Moeko and Moeko accepts the fact that there is something else living in the house. I think she has decided not to kill and eat her. 

She is doing well with potty training up to this point, we have had an accident or two, but she clearly understands what the trips outside are for.

One thing is for certain, she is a chewer. Her kennel is littered with pig ears and rawhide chews, but she still prefers clothes and toes.

I think she is going to be a fine dog.

Pictures of her as she assumes control of her new home would be nice!