Norinco MAK 90 - $190

So let me give you a rundown of what just happened... I'm cruising tngo on my phone. I read the title and jump up off the couch like a bat out of hades for my wallet, while my fiancé is yelling "what's wrong!?". No time to answer, I'm on a mission here woman. I climb the stairs (3 at a time mind you), all while pressing the thread title on the phone so it will open and be ready when I get to my credit card. My mind is racing, "Are they junk and need refinishing, who so cheap?!" "Who cares, I love a project" I tell myself I finally reach the bedroom, snatch my debit card from my wallet and sit back, prepared to punch in my numbers and FFL info. To my dismay, no new gun for me. So now I'm lying in bed catching my breath, and typing this. Indeed, those were the days! Edited by KKing
  • Like 1

So let me give you a rundown of what just happened...

I'm cruising tngo on my phone.
I read the title and jump up off the couch like a bat out of hades for my wallet, while my fiancé is yelling "what's wrong!?". No time to answer, I'm on a mission here woman. I climb the stairs (3 at a time mind you), all while pressing the thread title on the phone so it will open and be ready when I get to my credit card. My mind is racing, "Are they junk and need refinishing, who so cheap?!" "Who cares, I love a project" I tell myself
I finally reach the bedroom, snatch my debit card from my wallet and sit back, prepared to punch in my numbers and FFL info. To my dismay, no new gun for me.
So now I'm lying in bed catching my breath, and typing this.

Indeed, those were the days!

Epic.

I thought maybe it was a price for a parts kit or something. I got real excited...

I picked up one of those Romanian 5.45 x 39s in '99 for $250.  Came with 1,000 rds of ammo and 7 mags.  Still got it.

I remember going to the gun store with my dad when the Brady legislation was going through.  He was buying my mom a .38 for her birthday, and I recall the gun shop guy trying to sell dad AKs in bulk; as in buy three get on free, or something like that.  Of course, my dad wanted no part of it.  He regrets that now.

I picked up one of those Romanian 5.45 x 39s in '99 for $250.  Came with 1,000 rds of ammo and 7 mags.  Still got it.

I remember going to the gun store with my dad when the Brady legislation was going through.  He was buying my mom a .38 for her birthday, and I recall the gun shop guy trying to sell dad AKs in bulk; as in buy three get on free, or something like that.  Of course, my dad wanted no part of it.  He regrets that now.

Hey man, I'll give you double what you paid for that Intrac...
I paid 179.99 for my MAK90, spent another $100 total for U.S made FCG, U.S. made type 74 muzzle break & U.S. made 3 piece poly AK stock set.

When I did mmy conversion I did have to do a bit of fitting work because of the thicker reciever & barrel of the Chinese vs the Russian/Euro varients that the stock set & muzzle break was originally ment to be a replacement for.

But it was definately worth the $279.99 + labor that I have into it, I've shot the piss out of it over the last 20 someodd years & while it's showing her age she still keeps popping out spent casings like a beast!

Oh yea I bought one of the Norinco/Polytech drums to go with it for $35.00 too, I've seen these original drums going for $350.00-$400.00 I guess because they are considered "Godfathered" in some states that have restrictions on magazine capacities.

Same with those Norinco/Polytech 30rd magazines, they seem to command a premium when being sold, $50+ a pop or more, thank goodness I bought a bunch back then but I'd be very hard pressed to sell them simply because those ribless chinese mags are my favorite AK magazines, seriously I like them better than my Bulgarian Circle 10's.

Shame I didn't buy a warehouse full of them, I'd be a very rich man iffin I would have!

when i had my ffl back in 86/87 i got one for 165.00 with several 30 rounds mags.  i wish i got a boat load, but you just don't never know.  they also sold one in 5.56/223 for the same price.   now that was a great gun. one of the best shooter that i have seen.  that was another gun that i should got a boat load,,, but i did not.   colt ar15 were cheap too.  wish i got a boat load of them too, but i did not.   so you can say i missed the boat.  just my luck.

Too bad there isnt a date on the ad, about what time period was this? Im guessing early 90's? If so i was about 7 or 8 yrs old and it wouldnt of done me any good if i knew about it anyway. Still pretty awesome, and sad too. Sad because it seems that i missed out on the golden years for firearm enthusiasts