Best sushi in Clarksville?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Guest nra37922

Clarkesvile, really?  It is hard to get decent sushi in Nashville.  Now if you want a Tattoo and/or lap dance that's probably a more realistic question.

Edited by nra37922
Kohanas has been our place lately. It is located off Wilma Rudolph near Dunbar Cave intersection. We used to love Shoguns but it has gone waaaayyyy downhill over the past 4 years. We finally gave up on the place after a bad experience about a year ago.

Hananoki is probably the fanciest. I haven't gone there for a long time, but last time I went it was very good, just a little pricey. The atmosphere and all is really nice. They are located on Wilma Rudolph next to Chilis in the Lowe's complex.

No need for the Clarksville hating. We don't actually have any strip clubs and all the tattoo places are on the other side of town near Ft Campbell. If we want to start throwing stones we could go round and round about the cultural Mecca of the greater Nashville area.
Yamatos outside of gate 1 of Fort Campbell.

I promise it is the best sushi.

24W, exit 1, turn left, right at tiny town road (first light I think), go 4-5 miles until a T in the road then turn left (41A), yamatos will be on your left directly across from gate 1. White building with big sign, can't miss it.
We ate at Kohana's today. It's pretty good. I didn't grow up here, so I do have a good sushi knowledge base.

I don't like the sushi at shogun or Hananoki. Hananoki has good is good, but not sushi.

Fujiyama and Kori are both decent.

Yamatos outside of gate 1 of Fort Campbell.

I promise it is the best sushi.

24W, exit 1, turn left, right at tiny town road (first light I think), go 4-5 miles until a T in the road then turn left (41A), yamatos will be on your left directly across from gate 1. White building with big sign, can't miss it.

I haven't eaten there for about 10 years or so, but I had been in there a dozen or so times. It seemed their sushi was pretty generic. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing special. Certainly not in the same league as the other places with better selection and using larger cuts of meat in their sushi.

Plus I think that place doubles as a brothel. When I'd go in there with my roommate the younger girls that "worked" there would come sit with us and chat us up, like the way they do in the drinky bars. Seemed to be directed by the mamasan that worked the floor. I dunno, could just be me. I've never been into the basement entrance but it looks pretty suspect.

I haven't eaten there for about 10 years or so, but I had been in there a dozen or so times. It seemed their sushi was pretty generic. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing special. Certainly not in the same league as the other places with better selection and using larger cuts of meat in their sushi.

Plus I think that place doubles as a brothel. When I'd go in there with my roommate the younger girls that "worked" there would come sit with us and chat us up, like the way they do in the drinky bars. Seemed to be directed by the mamasan that worked the floor. I dunno, could just be me. I've never been into the basement entrance but it looks pretty suspect.

Don't know what is in the basement but it use to be a bar called the cow palace. That was back in 94 before yamatos was there.

I never got the feeling of the girls being that way. I took my family and son (8 at the time) in there all the time and they were very friendly. Them again I'm not single either but I never noticed more than just girls wanting good tips. Hard to tell these days I guess.

I never got the feeling of the girls being that way. I took my family and son (8 at the time) in there all the time and they were very friendly. Them again I'm not single either but I never noticed more than just girls wanting good tips. Hard to tell these days I guess.

It is, and I may be too sensitive to it after experiencing Ft Bragg. I used to live off of Jack Miller many moons ago, so I went into there frequently. When I went there during lunch rush it was like any other place. When I went there during off peak times I was guaranteed to have one or two of the girls to sit with me and chat me up. Could be that it was because I was a regular, but the vibe I got always seemed like there was a business proposition on the table. Maybe it's the racist side of me coming out, that I can't be approached by young Asian women and not interpret it as prostitution. A condition of experience.
Thanks for the recommendations, fellas. Unfortunately, they were a couple hours too late. It was a last minute decision, so didn't allow enough time forth suggestions to come rolling in. We went to Shoguns. It was close to where we were going, but I'll definitely pass on them for another option in the future. It wasn't horrible, but they were cheap with the ingredients you're paying for.

While I wasn't expecting to find the next Sukiyabashi Jiro in Clarksville, I have found some pretty damn good sushi in some very unsuspecting cities. We'll try another when we visit Clarksville next time.