So what exactly are they hiding? (Detroit)

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

I hope someone files a FOMA and gets these files. I can take a stab at what they are hiding (Or trying to hide). They are trying to hide the fact that there is no pension fund left and "The future of the city's finances" amount to letting everyone know they are broke and all that money City employees paid into the Pension funds are gone.

There is about to be a major uprising in Detroit, my guess.

http://news.yahoo.com/bankruptcy-judge-consider-opening-secret-detroit-data-room-175215117.html

There is about to be a major uprising in Detroit, my guess.

The MAJOR uprising will be in all of those Del Webb retirement communities across the South. 

You know the ones.  Its the folks with the old, rusty Michigan front plates still on their cars, hogging all of the handicap parking spots at WalMart, and always telling us southern hicks how they did it up North.  :ugh:      

• Like 6

The MAJOR uprising will be in all of those Del Webb retirement communities across the South.

You know the ones. Its the folks with the old, rusty Michigan front plates still on their cars, hogging all of the handicap parking spots at WalMart, and always telling us southern hicks how they did it up North. :ugh:

This sounds like my in-laws. They go down to Florida for the winter then complain about how redneck the state is. Drives me nuts.
  • Like 2

This sounds like my in-laws. They go down to Florida for the winter then complain about how redneck the state is. Drives me nuts.

And yet you never heard of anybody retiring to the North.

But I'm not kidding.  When those pension checks quit coming from Detroit those old union thugs will go crazy.

Wonder how they will blame it on Bush.

• Like 3
Guest TankerHC

And yet you never heard of anybody retiring to the North.

But I'm not kidding.  When those pension checks quit coming from Detroit those old union thugs will go crazy.

Wonder how they will blame it on Bush.

I retired North. :pleased:

Could be a whole lot of really hurt good people.

Probably.  My MIL isn't a bad person, but her pension is in jeopardy.  With all this, she still is rabidly union and Democrat.  She and my FIL blame all this on Republicans.  I find it difficult to feel bad for them, since they voted for the situation they are in.  They aren't bad people though, just incredibly ignorant that they are just pawns manipulated into believing in an alternate reality. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see the court preserve liveable pensions for the retirees in Detroit, but I don't think the other creditors will stand for it.  Accountants don't have hearts, especially when they travel in packs.

• Like 1

I think that the "...its worse than ya think financially thing..." is what they are hidin too.  As others have opined; there are lots of folks from the sourlands that went to work up there, believed the union, and lived their working lives up there that are (...sadly...) in for a big shock.   I fear they are in big trouble; and bein a retired geezer myself, i can sympathize with their coming problem; which i think is too horrific for lots of them to contemplate.   Time will tell how this one will play out....  I fear the worst.

leroy

Maybe they have details of where Hoffa is buried and who killed him. Sheesh, maybe Hoffa is still alive and living off the Pensions of others.. Either way, Detroit is now the shithole that it is due to their policies, if it burns, it burns, They only got themselves to blame.. 

• Like 1

I retired North. :pleased:

I'm pretty sure moving from Cajun Country to the Buckle of the Bible Belt in REHea County doesn't make you a yankee, yet. :wave:

Cherokee Slim

(Born in Pa but came to the Truth 50 years ago when my father in law told me you could repent a being a yankee just like any other sin)

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure moving from Cajun Country to the Buckle of the Bible Belt in REHea County doesn't make you a yankee, yet. :wave:

I spend time in Louisiana quite often for business.  According to the folks I work with there, anyone from north of Interstate 10 is a yankee.

• Admin Team

I expect they're hiding as in Animal Farm, that "some animals are more equal than others" when it came to city pensions.

Within that vault - I expect is the evidence that's going to send a lot of administrators to jail - or the morgue once the unions and the workers at large find out just how royally they were being screwed by their leaders.  By locking it up and requiring NDAs they're hoping to squeeze through this bankruptcy without the truly damning stuff coming to light.

Problem is, they're finding out that their little ecosystem is a part of a much larger farm, and as important as they think they are, Obama has enough potential problems of his own to bother getting his shoes dirty cleaning up their mess.  Turns out there's someone "more equal" than them, too.

If they don't get a Federal bailout and the white glove ushering through bankruptcy court that goes along with it, we're looking at a really good comedy in the true Shakespearian sense.

Good times. 

• Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

I have yet to read that book. Keep reminding me. I will get around to it. :D

When the good people of the Detroit were given the good life, in good times, they felt they had reached Utopia, with their

good salaried jobs and pensions. Promise someone the moon. Just use other people's money to accomplish it and see

how long it takes. We will pay for the Democrat's misdeeds forever, or worse, till our own demise.

Guest 6.8 AR

Something Tocqueville wrote and quoted in Mark Levin's new book: " It would seem as if the rulers of our time sought only

to use men in order to make things great; I wish that they would try a little more to make great men; that they would set less

value on the work and more upon the work-man; that they would never forget that a nation cannot long remain strong when

when every man belonging to it is individually weak; and that no form or combination of social polity has yet been devised

to make an energetic people out of a community of pusillanimous and enfeebled citizens."

We are making our future generations more "pusillanimous and enfeebled by our acceptance of decades of liberal politics,

and cronyism that allows key businesses to destroy other businesses for things that are portrayed as capitalism, which is

incorrect. In capitalism, the value is in the value of the person doing the job, along with the value he places in his own mind.

and he most certainly has to be free to do it.

Destroy the future of this country by demeaning the populace and convincing them there will always be someone to care for them.

Uh-huh!