Hendersonville Gun Show this Weekend , Aug. 24 & 25

RK Shows will be @ Hendersonville this weekend, 8/24 & 25. Likely be the best show in the area,

or the only one. $10 adm. free parking.

90 Volunteer Dr., if you're new to the show. Wanna try to make it, not sure if Sat or Sun.

Should be a good crowd as usual  Prices...... another matter

Usually one of the better shows in this area, and a nice building in which to hold them.

I haven't been to one in a while, but they used to have a pretty good show 3-4 times a year in Cave City, KY.

Edited by gregintenn
I thought it was a good show, and I got to fondle things I can't have :). I did walk away with a new savage 17 wsm that I'm looking forward to setting up. I also found one of my unicorns.. a CZ Tactical Sport in n 9mm!

Ammo was "reasonable" meaning there were many tables with everything but 22 at Walmart prices.

I thought it was a good show, and I got to fondle things I can't have :). I did walk away with a new savage 17 wsm that I'm looking forward to setting up. I also found one of my unicorns.. a CZ Tactical Sport in n 9mm!

Ammo was "reasonable" meaning there were many tables with everything but 22 at Walmart prices.

thats encouraging, I was thinking of going tomarrow morning but with the murfreesboro show right around the corner I might just wait, its closer

Edited by hlb14

It was a long drive (1.5 hrs), but a good show. I sold my Glock 26,and resisted buying any other gun. I was tempted my some trades but held off for cash.

I too plan on going to Murfreesboro show, a good show and only 30 minutes away.

So, I'm walking around there today with the Caracal in a futile attempt to sell it. Today was why I decided to keep it.

Literally, only ONE dealer even knew what it was. The frustrating day was full of this kind of thing:

(ala Steve Martin, Saturday Night Live): "What the hell is that?"

Me: It's a Caracal.

"A carry-WHAT?"

Me: A Caracal. It's a 9mm pistol.

"Who makes it?"

Me: Caracal makes it. It's made in the United Arab Em...

"AAA-rab??"

Me: The United Arab Emirates.

"What's it called again?"

Me: The instrument of your impending death.

----------------

"Whatcha gittin' on yer Steyr?"

----------------

"What kinda Glock is that?"

----------------

"Never heard of that. Give ya $200 for it."

• Like 3

That's awesome! Gonna get the lil feller something for later?

Way ahead of the curve on that one.  Been stashing stuff away for him since before he was born  :pleased:   Might have to pick up something from the toy vendors though if any show up there today.

Found a couple of 1960s era Borg-Warner produced USGI M14 mags for a good price.  :up:

BUT - - - When in the Heck did Mosin Nagants become $200 rifles?!?!?!?!!???????  :dropjaw:  

Well, there were several folks selling mosins at $200 but only one older gent had some that were numbers matching, excellent condition, excellent bores.  I ended up picking one up from him.  I believe when they are in stock online currently that they are currently pressing the $160 mark and that's for come as they are random condition.  So figure in $15-20 hand select, shipping costs, and transfer fees and you are in the ball park of a very good condition, non-numbers matching 91/30.  He had also cleaned the cosmo off of these rifles so the only real cleanup I've got left to do is on the bayonet.  Plus he threw in a pack of 15 rounds on original strippers; those are $2 a piece.  Very nice guy from Mt. Juliet who makes some bad ass looking custom knives as well.  Also picked up a gently used ammo can for $10 and a over the shoulder tactical-ish bag for my trip to Knob Creek in the fall.

Overall the show was exactly as described above with many more vendors than patrons so it was very easy to walk around and look at everything.  If you were wanting a PSL but missed the boat one of the vendors there apparently got in on the recent batch from Century and had three for sale at $999 but he did steal two of the mags from the 4 mag deal and was only giving two with the rifle; charging $50 each if you wanted extra.  Saw a couple of nice Makarovs for $350.  Prices overall were coming down but several vendors were still hanging on for those who didn't know better and had money to burn; $800-900 wasr's etc.  Oh, did see a Saiga 12 for $700 too - was tempting but couldn't justify it.