2013 UT Football Uniforms Unveiled

Guest Bassman17SC

Guest Bassman17SC

Umm, "Smokey Gray?"

No.  The official school colors, since 1891, are orange and white.  These colors came from the Common American Daisy, which grew wildly on The Hill.  All these black and gray (the new black?) variations are abominations.  But hey, I am a traditionalist.

The others, yes.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081513aah.html

Edited by Bassman17SC

I am a traditionalist. I prefer the Orange and White. Love them, actually. BUT, I am not wearing the uniform, only cheering for the players who do and the team and state they represent. 

Plus, I think the gray uni would look a lot better if the helmet was not mostly white. 

Edited by Good_Steward
Guest 6.8 AR

Didn't the two UT's have essentially the same uniform, before? Texas, that is, and Tennessee?

Probably a good move if they ever play against each other. I know my relatives in Texas wouldn't be so confused

when cheering for their team. Good move.

Didn't the two UT's have essentially the same uniform, before? Texas, that is, and Tennessee?

Probably a good move if they ever play against each other. I know my relatives in Texas wouldn't be so confused

when cheering for their team. Good move

I think the longhorn's color is darker. The aggies are red and white as is Bama but I don't think they will have trouble with it in the SEC.

Texas is "burnt" orange, much darker than traffic cone orange.

I like the outfits but don't want them.  If they win every game up to and including homecoming wearing traditional colors then I say let'em wear the gray against Kentucky.

I think Bruce needs to win a few fucking games before he puts on a fashion show. A piss poor season and he will be back where ever he came from.

No way. Dooley Do-Right got 3 years. Plus this is not a head coaching decision its an Admin. He just happens to be the coach who unveils it.

Who cares so long as they win, maybe it will be the edge they need.

I care because 18 year old kids care, and they mean wayyy more to winning games than any head coach.

Lets face it. Kids are picking programs because they have Nike or Under Armour, as an Adidas school we have to move forward at the same pace.

Kids don't know the Tennessee tradition that everyone is used to from the 80s and 90s. We have sucked for the better part of a decade. We have to rebuild the tradition.
  • Like 2

Lets face it. Kids are picking programs because they have Nike or Under Armour, as an Adidas school we have to move forward at the same pace.

Alabama only has 2 uniforms- home and away. If Dickies made their uniforms they'd still get top recruits.

Alabama only has 2 uniforms- home and away. If Dickies made their uniforms they'd still get top recruits.

Your proving my point

What's the difference between Alabama and Tennessee in the last 10 years?

Plus their Nike. Also doesn't look like the Bama of the 90s

Posted Image

They colors/design looks the same to me. Other than more form fitting and what not.

They've won 3 of the last 4 National Championships, an we haven't done dick.

We need any edge we can get with new recruits. Unfortunately their aren't 50 Nick Saban's out their, only one.

Just watch the video in the link. The players are excited. That's what matters. Edited by Lumber_Jack
Guest 6.8 AR

I think the longhorn's color is darker. The aggies are red and white as is Bama but I don't think they will have trouble with it in the SEC.

Texas is "burnt" orange, much darker than traffic cone orange.

I like the outfits but don't want them.  If they win every game up to and including homecoming wearing traditional colors then I say let'em wear the gray against Kentucky.

After looking closer at UT Longhorns, yeh, it is darker like burnt orange, but I remember watching a UT game with my Texas

relatives and noticed the similarities. I know I made a crack or two about steers and...:D , and how that uniform sure looked

similar.

I'd much rather see the wins than the uniform change, but oh well. We'll just have to see.

hope we can win this year. don't care what color they wear, just as long as they win.

I think will will be "better" but I'm not getting my hopes too high. We still have the same players with the exception of Dooley's freshmen. Now in 2015 if we aren't a competitor for the SEC Title then I'm going to riot.