Price of Ruger 10/22's

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Last year I bought 2 10/22's for nephews bdays, both for $199. Looking on gunbroker I saw a NIB Heavy Barrel for $349. Went to Academy price was up about $10 higher, stopped in Walmart and looked at Gun Case tonight, standard 10/22, wood, $239. Not only that but it appears (Appears because I cant recall the exact price of the Model 60's I was looking at last year), but the model 60's were $139. I think thats about 20 bucks higher. My Henry Golden Boy came from Bass Pro last February for $529, which even that was a little high, last year I was seeing them for $499. I am seeing them around now for over 600.

Everything else seems to be about standard pricing. .22 Rifles seem to be going up.

Thoughts?

Edited by TankerHC
The demand for them is up. I ordered the heavy barrel in a hogue stock months ago and have not seen it yet.
Which baffles me because you cannot find ammo for them. I am .22 lr ammo rich at the moment I think I need to sell my stash and retire at 31.
Edited by sL1k

Right there with ya, Tanker.  I went out looking for a decent .22 and thought I was going crazy when I saw the prices ( I could have sworn that Marlin 795 was only 120 a couple of months ago). Lucked out on a Remington 597 on Armslist, otherwise I was about to get one at Academy for around 2.

I talked to the guy at Wally World out in Franklin tonight, and he claimed he had a blued, wood stock version of the 1022 for 199 in the back.

Right there with ya, Tanker.  I went out looking for a decent .22 and thought I was going crazy when I saw the prices ( I could have sworn that Marlin 795 was only 120 a couple of months ago). Lucked out on a Remington 597 on Armslist, otherwise I was about to get one at Academy for around 2.

I talked to the guy at Wally World out in Franklin tonight, and he claimed he had a blued, wood stock version of the 1022 for 199 in the back.

I paid $199 for my wood stocked 10/22 at Academy a couple of months ago. I don't know if they get them in every shipment, but I'm sure they don't sit long.
Guest TankerHC

This outfit in PA is having a Labor Day sale and has various models of 1022s for sale which should indicate what prices could be.  

http://issuu.com/digitalwires/docs/grice_low_res?e=2287058/4430083

The 22 1911's he has a really cheap. Only thing is, in Pa. gun are the cheapest I have seen them anywhere. Im in Pa at least twice every 2-3 months, usually for 2-3 weeks at a time. Made a post about it last year. Guns are super cheap in Pa. The farther south you go, the more expensive they get. I can tell you why too. I stay 5 miles south of York and about 17 miles from Gettysburg in Seven Valleys, in the area between York, Gettysburg and Shrewsbury there are at least 50 gun shops. (Within a 40 minute drive in either direction, 10 minutes to York, 40 to Gettysburg, 5 minutes to Shrewsbury). They have a gun show in the Toyota Center seems like every other week and those shows are not ones anyone complains about, good prices and 1000's of guns. Then they have once a year the Northeast Outdoor Show (The one that got cancelled this year when the promoters (Who are British BTW) banned AR's. Cost the city of York 80 million on that one. When the panic was going on, you could buy any AR-15 you want in Pa at normal prices. The York show had guys in there selling AR's for 3000 that were originally 1000, maybe two or three, while right across the aisles and right next to those guys there were hundreds at normal prices. Drive down to Gettysburg and down to West Virginia into Harpers Ferry, another 50 shops within an hour drive. Even the little town of Harpers Ferry has 3 guns shops just outside of town, two of them have ranges. At least half the shops in the area have ranges, within walking distance of my cousins house are 5 shops. One is one of the largest in the State, Freedom Armory. Tons of guns, indoor and outdoor ranges, dedicated LEO outdoor range, class III ranges. Downstairs in one shop in York the guy has pistol, rifle, Class III and archery ranges. Drive down a couple of hours to Fairfax, the number of gun shops near the NRA museum is too high to count. C&R guns? Everywhere, one guy in Shrewsbury always has so many C&R guns that they his racks are full, stacked up along every wall 3 rows high and hanging from the ceiling (2 years ago someone smashed right through his wall with sledgehammers or something and stole 86 guns). Go north 2 1/2 hours, SARCO is there. Definitely worth the ride. Even Maryland has tons of shops, shows and ranges. Its easy to make an out of State purchase, buying a rifle for an out of state and a pistol there is easy, Normal Federal Law, 4473, call it in on a rifle, ship the pistol do your 4473 locally. Residents are another story altogether. But MD still has a lot of shops, and the largest antique gun show in the nation is held in MD every year. I was at the last one. All that is not counting Gander, Walmarts, Dicks, and Bass Pro (No Academy's up there). 3 hours south of the MD border and south of Fairfax, in Winchester is another bunch of shops. one of those shops either last year or the year before, not a big shop either, got a contract with ARMSCOR, Armsor now sells them their own branded 1911's.  In a day (Between 6 AM and 10 PM getting home at 2) my cousin and I have hit 40 shops in 4 states (Pa, MD, Va, and W. Va), the NRA museum and a couple of battlefields. It isnt until you start getting south of Winchester you really see the prices of guns going up. North of Fairfax the prices of guns starts really dropping. By the time you get into Pa, most people from everywhere else cant believe the prices of guns in comparison. Ive been going there for 25 years, its always that way.

One other thing, how long does it take to get an HCP in TN? In MS a CCW up to 120 days. In Pa. 2 hours.

Edited by TankerHC
Guest TankerHC

TankerHC, looks like you are a lucky man to have access to so many guns and a reason to go to PA I am guessing on someone else's dime.  

Nope, Im retired. I just go when I feel like it. Before I retired I never got to go anywhere good, either the Middle East, England, California, New York. Pretty much where I was after leaving Comcast and going with other companies.

Edited by TankerHC

I got this one yesterday at my LGS and probably paid too much for it but I've been wanting one for a long time and couldn't find one. It had only been shot a couple times and I paid $400 for it. The scope is one I pulled off an AR till I buy one. Looking at the Vortex Crossfire 4-12x40. 

[url=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/10ga/media/1376862753378_zps70f2c075.jpg.html]1376862753378_zps70f2c075.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/10ga/media/1376862748654_zps7d206fe3.jpg.html]1376862748654_zps7d206fe3.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/10ga/media/1376862751290_zps0ff2ea00.jpg.html]1376862751290_zps0ff2ea00.jpg[/URL]

Edited by 10ga
  • Like 1

I got this one yesterday at my LGS and probably paid too much for it but I've been wanting one for a long time and couldn't find one. It had only been shot a couple times and I paid $400 for it. The scope is one I pulled off an AR till I buy one. Looking at the Vortex Crossfire 4-12x40.

That's the one I have on order :/
And $400 is almost cost on it. You did good sir.