Famous fokes in east TN

Shug

If you thought we would stay on topic you clearly don't know us that well. :cool:

How about you John? Whatchaya got?

Can't think of a one.  There are tons of famous people from TN, even East TN, that's easy.  Figuring out who's not from here but lives here ain't easy.

Brad Pitt frequents the Hickory Tree area to fish the South Holston river - supposedly has purchased some property in the area along Holston Mtn.

Just across the state line, there are several country music folk who own property in Scott County, VA in the Poor Valley area - which is also home to the Carter Fold (AP Carter et al).  Johnny and June Cash were frequent visitors.

David Keith visits my wifes work often. I have encountered him several times at Food City and is always a jerk. He parks his car in the fire lane or handicap spot every time I see him.

Shaq also visits my wife's work and I have spent some time with him, I was wearing a shirt from my old job at the Pistons so he was giving me a hard time and we have some common friends so I do spend time with him a couple of times a year. It was fun seeing him hold my 8lb newborn, lol. He is a really nice guy.

I know of a couple of others that have property here in the Knoxville area but I am not sure it is public knowledge so I will keep it private until I know otherwise.

Here is a link to Famous Knoxvillians some live here but most played at UT of grew up here  http://www.cityofknoxville.org/about/famous.asp

Edited by LI0NSFAN
Guest TankerHC

Four Star Army General Carl Stiner, LaFollette, former Commander in Chief US Special Operations Command and coauthored the book Shadow Warriors with Tom Clancy.

General B.B. Bell. Lives in Chattanooga. UT Grad, Chief of Staff USAREUR and 7th Army, USARMAC Commander, was Commanding when I went to ANCOC. Commandined a bunch of Armor and Cav units. Armor Officer. Can be seen in interviews with various news organizations, writes some columns.

David Keith visits my wifes work often. I have encountered him several times at Food City and is always a jerk. He parks his car in the fire lane or handicap spot every time I see him.

Shaq also visits my wife's work and I have spent some time with him, I was wearing a shirt from my old job at the Pistons so he was giving me a hard time and we have some common friends so I do spend time with him a couple of times a year. It was fun seeing him hold my 8lb newborn, lol. He is a really nice guy.

I know of a couple of others that have property here in the Knoxville area but I am not sure it is public knowledge so I will keep it private until I know otherwise.

Here is a link to Famous Knoxvillians some live here but most played at UT of grew up here  http://www.cityofknoxville.org/about/famous.asp

Next time you see Shaq ask him if he remembers Ms Gorelicky from HS. Then let him know you have a friend who went to R.G. Cole HS with him. He probably won't remember me but it is hard to forget about him.

Cain from the WWE lives in Dandridge. He had a paint ball complex in Morristown for a little while.

His parents-in-law own Cowboy's Seafood (at least I think they still own it.)

Edited by JAB

She is a resident of Sevierville she more than qualifies, with or without dolly wood

I think he was pointing out that the OP was asking about famous people who aren't from East Tennessee but live here, now.  Dolly is from East Tennessee.  I have a second cousin who went to school with her.  She first got her start on The Cas Walker show, unless I am mistaken.

I think he was pointing out that the OP was asking about famous people who aren't from East Tennessee but live here, now.  Dolly is from East Tennessee.  I have a second cousin who went to school with her.  She first got her start on The Cas Walker show, unless I am mistaken.

Hey, I played on the Cas Walker show a few times when
I was in elementary school. Not famous. :-(
  • Like 1

She performed on several local shows, but yeah, Cas' show was "biggest" one. She first sang on it at age 9!

- OS