Omega X 12.0 on my Bushmaster?

TLRMADE

Yes, it will fit. It is a 2 piece free float, I have the Omega X 7.0. You have to remove your FSP and delta ring assembly and install the DD barrel nut which requires a proprietary wrench. Then reinstall the FSP, I'm just about to pull mine off and sell it as I'm parting out an upper.
Guest 6.8 AR

You want all that weight on a carbine. It's cool and everything, but unless you are going to a rail mounted sight, you

might consider a shorter rail. I like the DD stuff, except the price, but the less weight, the better for me. I have that

Omega 7 on one of my pistols and love it. I also gave 75bucks for it. You may not be as concerned about weight as I

am.

You want all that weight on a carbine. It's cool and everything, but unless you are going to a rail mounted sight, you
might consider a shorter rail. I like the DD stuff, except the price, but the less weight, the better for me. I have that
Omega 7 on one of my pistols and love it. I also gave 75bucks for it. You may not be as concerned about weight as I
am.

Meh I'd keep the MOE stuff on there myself, I prefer it to "rails" not only because its lighter but it also doesn't want to snag on everything.

With a carbine and getting the 12.0 you'd need a low profile gas block and a new front sight or get the Omega 7.0, either way. Have you considered the Troy Alpha series of rails? You get the same thing but at 40 maybe even 50% the weight of the Omega.

Edited by whitewolf001

I have the Omega 7.0 rail on my 6920. 

Were I buying again tomorrow, I'd probably pick up one of these:

https://www.centurionarms.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=carbine-cutout.tpl&product_id=79&Itemid=177

Is there a particular reason that you want to run the longer rail?   I considered going with an X300 at 12 o'clock at one point, but went another route as I couldn't justify the additional weight.

am.

DD rails are extremely light. I have two. A carbine rail weighs about the same as a stack handguard. One of the reasons they're expensive. If we manage to shoot this weekend, I'll show you my blackout with the midlength Lite rail. By all means, use as DD rail if you can afford it.

With a carbine and getting the 12.0 you'd need a low profile gas block and a new front sight or get the Omega 7.0, either way. Have you considered the Troy Alpha series of rails? You get the same thing but at 40 maybe even 50% the weight of the Omega.

This is wrong. Follow the OP's link. There's a slot in the rail for the front sight post. It's designed for carbine gas with an A2 gas block.

BTW, I built an upper last night just the way you're talking about. Carbine gas, lo pro gas block under a middy free float.

Edited by mikegideon

This is wrong. Follow the OP's link. There's a slot in the rail for the front sight post. It's designed for carbine gas with an A2 gas block.

BTW, I built an upper last night just the way you're talking about. Carbine gas, lo pro gas block under a middy free float.

Ah, I see. It's THAT rail system, just assumed that it was a standard rail which, there's that ASS-U-ME word... :p

That's a good deal!

Yea it's a little pricey...I just wanted to change up the rail system. I wanted something rifle length...just like the look and feel.

Eh not really. After visiting Knight's Armament home page, I really find that most all other rail systems are cheap by default, lol.

Yea it's a little pricey...I just wanted to change up the rail system. I wanted something rifle length...just like the look and feel.

I saw how much you paid for the M4 Rail, and literally LOL'd when I read this post...

Edited by Spurholder

Personally this is what I would do.

Grab a hacksaw or dremel and cut the top of the front sight off and turn it into a low profile gas block. Cut the handguard retainer off while you are at it. Next I would take the dremel to the delta ring assemly and spring, leaving only the barrel nut. Then I would buy one of these:

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=railedforearms_rainierarms

They clamp to the existing barrel nut and are very solid. They are also about 1/2 what you are looking at spending. Then I would add whatever same plane sights you want to use.

Here is one that looks exactly like you are wanting except it does't require the removal of anything other than the handguards:

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3266

• Admin Team

You can't beat DD rails. I'll wind up buying more, and won't look at anything else in the process.

I've become awfully fond of the Knight's Armament URX 3 8" .  It may be my new favorite RAS.  It just feels good. 

I've not shot any of the longer variants because of my penchant for short barrels, I've been thinking about putting one of the 13.5" on a SPR.

I just like the weight of the DD rails, and the fact that they're an "oval" design (skinnier than they are tall). Haven't been on a hunt in a good while. I just built a rifle for a friend, and he used a Troy Bravo middy rail over an M4 profile carbine barrel. Real pretty gun. Just quite a bit heavier than my blackout with a middy DD Lite Rail. I didn't weigh the two uppers, but we both compared by feel.