The press is picking our losing Republican candidate AGAIN

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Campaign season for the press has started early this year. Every day for the last week I have been reading articles about the next losing Republican Candidate, Christie the Hutt. You KNOW when MSNBC says Christie is more popular than Billary, they are picking a winner. I figured they would at least wait until the anniversery of Newtown to tout the bad Republicans who voted against common sense gun legislation (Disregard the men/women "5 Democrats" behind the curtain).

All last week, especially starting with the Governors Convention, I have heard nothing from the left except how great Crispy Creme Christie is. But today was a good one, a poll, actualy shows Christie is more popular than Obama (I just saw a slug in my driveway, it was more popular than Obama), Clinton and Ted Cruz.

"In the poll of voter attitudes toward the country's major political figures, the "hottest" are New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton."

"

Christie, at 53.1 degrees on the "Thermometer," Clinton, 52.1 degrees and Warren, at 49.2 degrees, are "hotter" than President Obama, at 47.6 degrees. New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand matches the president, at 47.6 degrees, although 75 percent of voters said they didn't know enough about her to rate her.

Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas scores 46.8 degrees, with 60 percent saying they didn't know enough about him to rate his temperature. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida rates 46.5 degrees and Vice President Joe Biden comes in at 46.2 degrees."

Notice they dont know enough about Gillibrand (Are they kidding?) and Cruz (ARE THEY KIDDING) to make a judgement, but Gillibrand scores higher than Cruz.

I bet Alan west would have scored a what.....12.4 on the thermomenter?

http://news.yahoo.com/hottest-politicians-america-named-151454997--abc-news-politics.html

Edited by TankerHC

It seems a bit early for the press to start trying to control the next election.  If the press would limit themselves to reporting, there is a process available for the parties to pick candidates.

Edited by tnhawk
Guest 6.8 AR

the press is starting early this time.  the press is on a mission to bring down the country. 

You're on to something, there. :D

BTW, that is a fluff piece from the dear old left press. At this early stage they are grasping at straws

trying to put Christie in the Red spot. Christie may eventually change parties. I wonder where that

will leave him. I know most Republicans nationwide don't share the same opinion of him as HuffPO

and the libs want us to believe. The propaganda mill started early this time. Hillary will get the full

thrust and the Christie may climb on board as VP with the dems, as far as I can figure. He wouldn't

last five minutes as a Republican, even with Karl Rove slicking his campaign to the max.

Edited by 6.8 AR

My vote will be for who ever is not the incumbent and will likely vote that way the rest of my life now. I am sick and tired of career criminals, err politicians, basing their decisions on what they want and not what we want. They are supposed to be our voice but it seems as though our voices have fallen on deaf ears for far too long. The politicians see our calls and letters as nothing more than a nuisance that gets in the way of their own personal agenda. They may choose to ignore our letters and calls but they can't ignore us at the polls.

I have wrote several representatives and what I got in return was a form letter. Even on different subjects I get the same "universal" letter that I have gotten in the past. They will say or do whatever they can to make us stop writing or calling.

I don't care if it is a local trustee, a mayor, the sheriff or president. If they are in office the day I go to vote I will not vote for them and try to persuade others to do the same.

The press always touts the most liberal Republican candidate. Romney got a free ride from the press during the primaries (although other Republican candidates attacked him). Then, once he got the nomination, Romney became the anti-Christ as far as the press was concerned.

Forget Christie. The media wants Republicans to pick another loser in the 2016 primaries. They will viciously attack anyone who has a real chance of rousing the masses.... look at the attacks on Sarah Palin and Herman Cain.

Of those who bother to vote in the Republican primaries (except of course for Democrats to cross over to screw things up); I suspect very, very few of them care or even know who the favorite Republican candidate of the mainstream press is. If I were to actually listen to the press it would only be to easily identify who not to vote for.

The problem we have, as far as being firearm folks, is between a rock and a hard place. If you don't vote for GOP candidates that can win, then there's just that much more chance that a Dem will.

And at this point in American history, the first Congress where Dems have the majority in both houses, especially with a Dem prez, anti-gun legislation is a given. Probably even with a Republican prez, considering the ones that can actually get the nomination.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

They had all three spots from 2008-2010, Mac. Remember? That's what gave us the ACA. If we let that happen again

these bastards would suspend the Constitution, if they thought they could get away with it.

Guest TresOsos

Have the Republicrats really done anything significant, do they stand up to Obunghole on the important issues, nope.

And look at our two outstanding treasonous senators, do they really truely represent us.

The Republicrats are pretty much irrelevant.

Edited by TresOsos

Have the Republicrats really done anything significant, do they stand up to Obunghole on the important issues, nope.

And look at our two outstanding treasonous senators, do they really truely represent us.

The Republicrats are pretty much irrelevant.

Who put our two wonderful Republican (RINO) senators into office?  Is it there fault for being in office or the voter's fault for voting for them?

It should have been obvious a LONG time ago that Alexander was a full-fledged RINO; Corker perhaps not as easily identified given what he had to say last time around but in any case, when people vote in tomatoes there is little reason to be surprised that you get tomato soup.

Edited by RobertNashville

In addition to having to be 18 years of age and not a felon, and being alive to vote...

Where would we be today if two additional requirements were added to the above?

(1) Have a job and support yourself and family.

(2) Be a property owner.

Just a thought?

I don't know why everyone is so sure Hillary is running for President. What I took away from the Wiener incidents is that she wants to be Mayor of NYC.  The Reps could run the risen ghost of Ron Reagan and it wouldn't matter. The fix is in for the welfare and EBT crowd. They get to vote 3 and 4 times and if they get an "immigration" bill passed before the election it's game over till the war. 

I don't know why everyone is so sure Hillary is running for President. What I took away from the Wiener incidents is that she wants to be Mayor of NYC.  The Reps could run the risen ghost of Ron Reagan and it wouldn't matter. The fix is in for the welfare and EBT crowd. They get to vote 3 and 4 times and if they get an "immigration" bill passed before the election it's game over till the war. 

If she wanted to run for NYC mayor she is too late and I doubt she'll wait another four years (or challenge a Democrat running for re-election in four years).  I'd say she either runs for Pres or she may as well just retire; there isn't much left for her at this point unless the next Dem President gives her a "we feel sorry for you" appointment to something.

Renters shouldn't be allowed to vote?

That's sort of they way it used to be.

Today, I'd say a modern equivalent would be that before you are allowed to vote you must no be on any direct government assistance (food stamps, welfare, medicaid, etc)...in other words; limit voting to "producers" rather than takers.

Not the it will ever happen of course but if I could change that law I would.

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

The problem we have, as far as being firearm folks, is between a rock and a hard place. If you don't vote for GOP candidates that can win, then there's just that much more chance that a Dem will.

And at this point in American history, the first Congress where Dems have the majority in both houses, especially with a Dem prez, anti-gun legislation is a given. Probably even with a Republican prez, considering the ones that can actually get the nomination.

- OS

President Crispy wouldn't be any impediment to gun control. He would explain that he is all for the 2nd amendment, but we do need commonsense gun laws like they have in New Joisey.

Guest 6.8 AR

Yeh, common sense:something very few politicians exhibit. I don't see Cristie getting any kind of nod from the Republican

base. They do show up at the convention, in case no one knew. He would make a convention clown, but would not be well

received as anything more than at the state level of leadership.

The more I see of Christie, the less I like him. :down:  He is a favorite of Morning Joe on MSNBC. Unfortunately all the others press is talking up running on GOP side don't do a lot for me either. :-\

They had all three spots from 2008-2010, Mac. Remember? That's what gave us the ACA. If we let that happen again

these bastards would suspend the Constitution, if they thought they could get away with it.

Yep, and as someone else mentioned in another thread, in an ironic way thank gawd they were all consumed with the ACA, or we would have had punitive, slap dash anti-gun legislation during that time.

- OS