My next "project"

I have wanted a T/C Contender for a couple of decades but always talked myself out of it. Well I recently came across a deal on one so I picked it up. I noa understand why they are so popular and why I should have never waited. It is an extremely accurate and handy firearm. The trigger is amazing and the gun is simple enough that it should remain reliable for decades.

So how does this become a project?

First, I should have a 300 Whisper/Blackout barrel in my hand by the end of the week. It is a 14" Bullberry barrel that will be chopped down to 8"-9" and threaded. And I am threading it for a silencer that I should have the paperwork back on sometime in December. The barrel will have iron sights installed but they will be the elevated type like you see on guns specifically made for a silencer.

Second, it came with a 22lr barrel that it amazingly accurate. I shot some one hole groups at 35 yards when it wore a scope. It now has irons so I will zero it for 50 yards and call it good. It too will be theaded for a 22 silencer I already have. It will be

Thanks to onemancoyote here for all the advice and a nice Pachmayr grip for it. It also has a from factory forearm that is plastic. I drilled it for a sling swivel so I can now use a bipod. And when all this is done I will probably do a Form 1 on it and make it a SBR. Even with a 16" barrel it is an extremely compact package and especially so with a folding stock. With a 8" barrel and folding stock it will be an extremely tidy package.

The best part of the Contender? The ability to swap calibers in 10 minutes, or less, to anythign under the sun. I was talking to a guy today who has a .50-70 barrel that he uses to shoot 50BMG projectiles at 600 fps then 5 minutes later he is shooting 22lr. After my 300 BO barrel my next barrel with be 14" 223 that will be threaded for a 223 or the 308 can I am building when the paperwork comes back.

And yes I know this thread is worthless without pictures. They are coming but not until it is coming.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I shot one in 223 at distance year's ago with a bipod and scope. very nice, but make a small mistake on the trigger and you ready throw that shot. the wife use a borrowed one in a wildcat 30. cal in NRA silhouette (informal) using a rifle scope. and she did well with it. 

had the small frame contender ... put a 30/30 14"  and took it elk hunting in Wyoming.  freaked a warden right out.  "you can't use that...it's a pistol."  "Cartridge is longer than the state minimum."  I said.  With the original wood grips I got a blood blister on my right palm every time I shot it.