SR1911 and Thanks to Predator Custom!!!

Hey guys, I would like to give a shout out to predator custom for the fast and AWESOME work they did on my SR1911.  I got a smooth trigger job on this gun, and I just finally was able to get to the range to give it a shot.  I was told it would be 3 weeks, when I dropped off my gun on a Saturday.  It was ready in just 4 days on Tuesday.  (I also got a smooth trigger job on my Kimber, and a broken ejector fixed, but I haven't fired the Kimber yet so I'll save that review for later).  

As soon as I get the $$ together I'm going to add some VZ grips to the gun.  Without further ado, here are my targets from the Range.  10 shots fired per target, target on left at 3 yards, and target on right at 7 yards.  These are the first shots I took with the gun once I got it back, no warm up :)

7g96.jpg

In the first target I jerked the trigger pretty bad, and anticipated the recoil on that one low hole as you can see, but don't worry about that little guy.  On the 7 yard target I feel like I was slightly jerking the trigger consistently to group left.  These shots were taken standing, no rest, at Shooter's Depot.

Very happy with Predator Custom and with my 1911.  This one is a keeper and I will be giving more work to Predator.

• Like 2

I have an SR1911 I haven’t had a chance to shoot it for grouping yet, but I don’t think it needs a trigger job. How do those groups you shot compare to before the work?

I honestly don't remember for sure, I probably had not shot the gun for about 6 months before I made these two targets a few weeks ago.  I don't recall getting quite this tight of groups before, but then again there's a lot of variables not shooting from a rest.  I have two bad habits, I jerk the trigger, and I react to the recoil.  I wish my grandpa had started me on a .22 pistol instead of a .45 1911 LOL.  I developed some bad habits early.

I don't think I own a gun that I shoot to its full potential tho, and I've never actually sat down on a rest to really really see how good I can make any of my pistols group.  I think if the shooter does his part, the SR1911 will shoot as good as you need it to out of the box as far as triggers go because it does have a real nice trigger out of the box IMO.  I was headed up to predator custom anyway to get some repairs on my Kimber Ultra TLE II, so I decided to get the work done on the SR1911 while I was making the trip.  Also, I don't have any higher end 1911's to really compare the trigger to, and I don't have a gauge to measure the pull weight.

I think I remember the guy at Predator (I think it was 3GunDave from the boards here) said that this was as good as the trigger could be without replacing any parts, and he seemed really impressed as well with how the trigger turned out.

About all I can say for sure is I am very happy with the gun the way it is now (except I might put some slim VZ grips on it), and the trigger feels like it has a crisper break to me.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

I have an SR1911 I haven’t had a chance to shoot it for grouping yet, but I don’t think it needs a trigger job. How do those groups you shot compare to before the work?

I honestly don't remember for sure, I probably had not shot the gun for about 6 months before I made these two targets a few weeks ago. I don't recall getting quite this tight of groups before, but then again there's a lot of variables not shooting from a rest. I have two bad habits, I jerk the trigger, and I react to the recoil. I wish my grandpa had started me on a .22 pistol instead of a .45 1911 LOL. I developed some bad habits early.

I don't think I own a gun that I shoot to its full potential tho, and I've never actually sat down on a rest to really really see how good I can make any of my pistols group. I think if the shooter does his part, the SR1911 will shoot as good as you need it to out of the box as far as triggers go because it does have a real nice trigger out of the box IMO. I was headed up to predator custom anyway to get some repairs on my Kimber Ultra TLE II, so I decided to get the work done on the SR1911 while I was making the trip. Also, I don't have any higher end 1911's to really compare the trigger to, and I don't have a gauge to measure the pull weight.

I think I remember the guy at Predator (I think it was 3GunDave from the boards here) said that this was as good as the trigger could be without replacing any parts, and he seemed really impressed as well with how the trigger turned out.

About all I can say for sure is I am very happy with the gun the way it is now (except I might put some slim VZ grips on it), and the trigger feels like it has a crisper break to me.

NM

Jim ruiz is the owner of predator custom shop. Along with a dude named bob I think.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.