The start of takeing of your guns

ted

The Chicagoland Gestapo are hard at work I see...yet another reason why I NEVER set foot in Illinois...if my unalienable right to keep and bear arms is not respected and protected then I know that my money is unwelcome.

It's a shame too...I lived in North Chicago for a couple of years and for years after I moved I continued to visit Chicago's museums and theaters and restaurants (not to mention start my recurring trips down Route 66).

I hope that the good people of Illinois (and I know there are many) will take their state back and restore sanity. Until then, I have been and will continue to drive AROUND Illinois to get to places and avoid spending a penny in the communist state of Illinois.

• Like 2
When I drive to visit my family in Missouri, I cross through Cairo IL from KY and am actually in CommieVille for a grand total of 45 seconds. On the trip up, I stop in Wickliffe, a mile before the bridge, unload, lock up pistol, box up ammo, and separate them as far as possible. After that dreadful 45 second ride through Cairo, I stop and re-free myself. On the way back, I do the same in reverse order. Its messed up because I almost feel like a bad guy trying to be sneaky to avoid getting busted, when I am one of the good guys. Absolutely disgusting!
  • Like 5
So if you apply for one of these cards and then that card is later revoked, the government wants to be able to have an automatic warrant issued on your residence? Do whaaaaaaa???

That is the most insane thing I've heard in a while. All in the name of "preventing tragedies". There is the tragedy of losing your basic constitutional rights simply because you have a government issued piece of paper.

Gun, what gun?  Gave it to my brother-in-law, or whoever lives out of State, a while back and never got another.

Not wise to claim that, since you're admitting a federal offense.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Since when is it illegal to give a gun away?

It isn't although it would be illegal if you gave it to someone residing in another state and it didn't go through a BG check...I don't know how easy it would be for Chicago gestapo to check on that. :shrug:

Likely more problematic would be lying about giving the gun(s) away when they were still in your possession of in the possession of someone who didn't have the "proper" FOID card.

A gift to resident of another state is same as selling, both illegal in private transaction as per federal law. Family members not excluded.

The "background check" bill that was defeated would have removed the restrictions to relatives, btw.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

A gift to resident of another state is same as selling, both illegal in private transaction as per federal law. Family members not excluded.

The "background check" bill that was defeated would have removed the restrictions to relatives, btw.

- OS

I didn't know that either.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by TN-popo

Still not a problem to lend to folks from other states, so long as ownership isn't being transferred.

Yep. Guess it would behoove one to make sure the recipient was very clear on the wording, in the unlikely event they were ever questioned where the heater came from. "Oh, my brother-in-law" in TN gave it to me", might not end well if there were an axe prime for the grinding.

- OS

When I drive to visit my family in Missouri, I cross through Cairo IL from KY and am actually in CommieVille for a grand total of 45 seconds. On the trip up, I stop in Wickliffe, a mile before the bridge, unload, lock up pistol, box up ammo, and separate them as far as possible. After that dreadful 45 second ride through Cairo, I stop and re-free myself. On the way back, I do the same in reverse order. Its messed up because I almost feel like a bad guy trying to be sneaky to avoid getting busted, when I am one of the good guys. Absolutely disgusting!

HB0183 that passed July 9, 2013 (link below) changed things for non-residents that can legally carry in their home state.  You can carry concealed in Illinois but you can't get out of the car with the weapon on your person.  It must be locked in the glove compartment, console, etc. or lock the doors of the automobile. 

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/98/PDF/098-0063.pdf

This FAQ's on the Illinois web site also address the issue at this link: http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm

Are out-of-state Concealed Carry permit holders granted reciprocity in Illinois?

No. Out-of-state residents who want to carry a concealed firearm on his/her person must obtain an Illinois Concealed Carry License to lawfully carry a concealed firearm in Illinois. In order for out-of-state residents to be eligible for an Illinois license, their state’s concealed carry license laws must be substantially similar to those of Illinois. The Illinois State Police will establish rules to identify the elements necessary to meet the substantially similar requirement.

However, out of state residents are granted a limited exception to lawfully carry a concealed firearm within a vehicle if they are eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of his or her state or territory of residence and are not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law. This rule becomes effective immediately.

If the non-resident leaves his/her vehicle unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of the Firearm Concealed Carry Act.