Trayvon Martin's father portray's his son as a "boy"...

Guest nra37922

From the article

"Eleanor Holmes Norton, the congressional delegate for Washington, D.C., called stand-your-ground laws "a clear and present danger" to all black males. After the hearing, she said lawmakers are concerned that Martin's case would fade from prominence over time, and "we will go on to the next kid" to be hurt or killed in a stand-your-ground situation."

What is a "a clear and present danger" to all black males." is other black males, check the crime stats.  SYG is just another in a long long line of red herrings used to deflect the uncomfortable truth concerning the disintegration of the black community. Of course since the so called black leaders will not touch sensitive issues, why alienated those who they suck off of, and whites will not/cannot for fear of being made out to be racists this downward spiral is going to be extremely hard to stop.

Guest Bonedaddy

Gettin' sick of hearin' 'bout the black man's problems and have been for a long time. He's got the same, if not more, opportunities that I have and the same, if not more, potential that I have. The only difference is the behavior and refusal to be accountable for far too many of'm. Ya know, in nature when a species or sub-species no longer jives with the current eco system, Mother Nature deletes them. Seems they are tryin' real hard to rush this process. Humans aren't immune to it, ya know?

Guest TresOsos

If we really cared about truth in this country anymore instead of Politically Correct BS and appeasement.

Someone should tell Tracy Martin and Sybrinia Fulton that if they want to find out who is responsible for the son's death, look in the mirror.

Guest drv2fst

read the comments to the article.  The media is only fooling themselves.  People see this for what it is.  People leaving comments are blaming the parents for raising a gansta wannabe.  

17 is still a boy.  But being a boy does not justify being a trouble maker.  Most of us who were 17 year old boys at some point were no better than this punk.  We were just lucky that we lived long enough to grow out of it. 

What happened to Trayvon Martin is tragic for his family and I can understand their pain.  But blaming whites, or guns, or self defense, or SYG isn't going to make anything any better.  We as a society need SYG to let thugs of any age know that if your actions put someone in fear of injury or death you can pay for that with your life.

read the comments to the article.  The media is only fooling themselves.  People see this for what it is.  People leaving comments are blaming the parents for raising a gansta wannabe.  

17 is still a boy.  But being a boy does not justify being a trouble maker.  Most of us who were 17 year old boys at some point were no better than this punk.  We were just lucky that we lived long enough to grow out of it. 

What happened to Trayvon Martin is tragic for his family and I can understand their pain.  But blaming whites, or guns, or self defense, or SYG isn't going to make anything any better.  We as a society need SYG to let thugs of any age know that if your actions put someone in fear of injury or death you can pay for that with your life.

I had a big sis who did that crap and I learned from her dumbassery, lol.

Most of us who were 17 year old boys at some point were no better than this punk.  We were just lucky that we lived long enough to grow out of it.

I was better than this punk and I'd bet you were too.

Sure, I did some dumb things when I was 17 but I never did anything even remotely close to Trayvon's actions nor would my parents have tolerated that kind of thuggish behavior.  I don't consider that luck; I consider that the result of having parents rather then sperm and egg donors.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 4
Guest TresOsos

Sorry a 17 year old shouild have been raised to be a youngman by this time and not a "boy".

Also, my friends and I growing up were much better than this punk.

Sorry a 17 year old shouild have been raised to be a youngman by this time and not a "boy".

Also, my friends and I growing up were much better than this punk.

I don't know if I have heard this anywhere else but what if he would have killed Zimmerman?  Would he still be considered a young 17 year old boy or would he be tried as an adult at that point?

Guest TankerHC

At 17 I was sitting on an M60A3 in the Fulda Gap at our GDP, hoping the Soviets didnt get froggy. 17 is not a boy.

At 17 I was sitting on an M60A3 in the Fulda Gap at our GDP, hoping the Soviets didnt get froggy. 17 is not a boy.

This. If at any point in time a 17 yr old was being charged with a crime, he would be charged as an adult. At 17, my father was preparing to head off to boot camp for Vietnam on the day of his 18th birthday. That can be said about any of our young men today as well. 

I agree with Obama.  20 years ago, I could've been Trayvon. 

Except, at 17 I focused on school, sports, my part-time job, family and friends.  And I didn't pretend to be a gangsta, smoke weed, participate in street fights, try to buy/sell guns, attack people who may have been following me, etc.

I think that contributed directly to my life expectancy.  Like Ice Cube once rapped, "Shotgun bullets is bad for ya health."

I did love Skittles though. 

Still do. 

The unemployment rate for black men aged 20 and over was 13 percent in June compared to 6.2 percent for white men in that age bracket. The unemployment rate for black males and females 16 to 19 years old was 43.6 percent last month, compared to 20.4 percent for whites, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

What assumptions am I supposed to make about those two statistics?

Guest 6.8 AR

What I heard his father(?) say, on the radio, was that he raised Trayvon and molded him like himself. That one left me

really scratching my head.

Guest copperhead_1911

Maybe if Trayvon's "baby daddy" grounded him for being suspended he would still be alive. Unfortunately many blacks are conditioned by liberal whites in our society to not take accountability and blame everything on racism. 

Guest TankerHC

Some common sense thoughts from a black man. I watch a lot of his videos. There are black people all over the web just like him. Getting sick of the crap. One of them does a web (youtube) series is a retired Navy Vet. And thinks just like this guy. Tons of them out there. All black people arent racist sheeple.

http://youtu.be/42F-Fz_-cb4

From the article;

Rep. Danny Davis, D-Ill., co-chair of the new caucus, said the aim of the coalition is to highlight issues that impact and influence the conditions of black males. For example, he said, there are few male African-American teachers in elementary and primary school, so some black boys never see someone who looks like them involved in education and thus grow up perceiving education as something women do.

I might have to agree with Davis on this one but only because most black males prefer welfare and crime while the remaining few are in Washington crying about their suffering at the hands of the white male. There are some black males that will put in a days work as I work with some at my job. However they are the exception not the rule.