Diabetic having attack is ripped from her car by police

Guest AmericanWorkMule

All those other "zero tolerance" policies are working out REAL well so far, huh?

There'll come a point, if we aren't careful, when nobody wants to be a cop due to lawsuits, persecution, and outright hatred of LEOs. Those that will do the job will be paid ridiculous salaries, because that will be the only way to entice candidates. Then the salary will get so high that the worst possible people become cops, just for the salary instead of the sense of duty.

If that doesn't happen, we'll have the equivalent of cops walking around with long checklist they have to run through to do the most mundane tasks out of fear of law suits and getting fired. Look at the damage this mentality has done to the medical industry. You walk into an ER for 3 stitches and walk out with a $5K bill for half a dozen "CYA" tests the doc has to run to minimize the chances of being sued.

Bottom line: the cop's assessment of her injuries turned out to be CORRECT. She was NOT burned/injured by HIS actions. The assessment about her med condition vs DUI was wrong, however. So, some want the cops fired/sued/strung up over "What-Ifs"...all because of a video that tells a fraction of a story. Sounds to me JUST like the public reaction to the doctored dispatch tapes from the Zimmerman trial.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 2

All those other "zero tolerance" policies are working out REAL well so far, huh?

There'll come a point, if we aren't careful, when nobody wants to be a cop due to lawsuits, persecution, and outright hatred of LEOs. Those that will do the job will be paid ridiculous salaries, because that will be the only way to entice candidates. Then the salary will get so high that the worst possible people become cops, just for the salary instead of the sense of duty.

If that doesn't happen, we'll have the equivalent of cops walking around with long checklist they have to run through to do the most mundane tasks out of fear of law suits and getting fired. Look at the damage this mentality has done to the medical industry. You walk into an ER for 3 stitches and walk out with a $5K bill for half a dozen "CYA" tests the doc has to run to minimize the chances of being sued.

Bottom line: the cop's assessment of her injuries turned out to be CORRECT. She was NOT burned/injured by HIS actions. The assessment about her med condition vs DUI was wrong, however. So, some want the cops fired/sued/strung up over "What-Ifs"...all because of a video that tells a fraction of a story. Sounds to me JUST like the public reaction to the doctored dispatch tapes from the Zimmerman trial.

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps there are so many instances of lawsuits, 'persecution' and outright hatred of LEOs because there are so many instances of LEOs doing things that deserve lawsuits, persecution and outright hatred?  No, I am definitely not saying 'all' LEOs engage in such activity.  The honest truth, however, is that too many of them do and an increasing number are being caught 'in the act'.  Based on the number of cases we actually hear about on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, one has to wonder how many times the same officers have engaged in the same (or worse) activity without getting caught.  One also has to wonder how many other officers have engaged in such activity without getting caught (or, upon being caught, had their activity swept under the rug by their department or received little to no disciplinary action for it.)  In fact, not only do some LEOs engage in such activity but seem to do so with a sense of impunity even thought they know their cruiser cams are catching it all on film.  Could this be because they know that 99% of the time the only 'consequences' they will face will be a couple of days paid suspension 'vacation' and some 'retraining'.  They also know that many LEO who are honestly good cops will rush to their defense out of some misguided sense of loyalty.

I mean, we are talking about things like a woman who was posing no threat being yanked from her vehicle and handcuffed for no, good reason.  Closer to home (Knoxville) we are talking about a suspect who is cuffed and subdued being beaten and kicked, apparently even by officers who arrived on the scene after he was subdued (not to mention supervisors who attempted to cover up the incident.)  Heck, we even have officers (Pigeon Forge) talking blithely about walking in to their HQ and killing all the members of another shift within their own department, including their captain.  In some cases, such as the latter, the officers are fired but in too many they are basically given a slap on the wrist (or even a pat on the back) and put back to work.  At the very least, such activities show a marked lack of intelligence and judgement and I would say that people who are that stupid or who demonstrate such poor judgement not only cast a negative light on good officers but also are probably too stupid or 'judgement challenged' to be vested with the authority, duties and responsibilities of a LEO.  After all, you can't fix stupid - not even with retraining.

As far as 'ridiculous' salaries go, getting rid of the bad apples and using the money saved from their salaries plus all of the avoided lawsuits, etc. to pay good, intelligent, responsible LEOs more sounds like a pretty good idea in my book.  I really don't see how that would be a bad thing.

Edited by JAB

Police should get paid considerably more than what they are for several reasons. There are the obvious reasons, of course, but in addition to that, higher pay would attract more applicants thereby allowing departments to be more selective. Law of averages; the bigger the pool you pull from the more access to better quality. There are plenty of folks that would otherwise be in law enforcement who choose not to because they can't support their family on the pay. There are plenty of great cops that go into law enforcement for the best reasons and suffer the pay, and there are also the bad kind that go in for very, very wrong reasons. I don't think sense of duty and wanting to earn better wages are mutually exclusive.
  • Like 2
Guest Lester Weevils

That posted news clip included comments by the sheriff, who didn't seem too happy about the police actions. Didn't come to their defense as much as some comments here. OTOH a sheriff would be a political animal interested in re-election so maybe he agrees with every action but is throwing the underlings under the bus. Dunno.

I'm not throwing the police under the bus, but OTOH I'm a geezer with previous shoulder troubles. Fell on a shoulder out walking for my health and then it hurt like a SOB for about a year before it healed up, wasn't in great shape before that. If I was "out of it" and manhandled near-unconscious by levering my arms way up that way displayed on the video, purt sure it would result in at least a year of severe shoulder pain, in both of em. Wouldn't make me a "happy client" of the government services. :)

edit: Not to mention the drag to the concrete would likely have aggravated an old back injury and also resulted in a couple of years sciatica, cramps and leg numbness. Maybe everything unavoidable, but that treatment would have given me a lot of pain for a long time to nurse a grudge.

Edited by Lester Weevils

Did you ever stop to think that perhaps there are so many instances of lawsuits, 'persecution' and outright hatred of LEOs because there are so many instances of LEOs doing things that deserve lawsuits, persecution and outright hatred?  No, I am definitely not saying 'all' LEOs engage in such activity.  The honest truth, however, is that too many of them do.  In fact, not only do that engage in such activity but do so with a sense of impunity even thought they know their cruiser cams are catching it all on film because they know that 99% of the time the only 'consequences' they will face will be a couple of days paid 'vacation' and some 'retraining'.  They also know that many LEO who are honestly good cops will rush to their defense out of some misguided sense of loyalty.

I mean, we are talking about things like a woman who was posing no threat being yanked from her vehicle and handcuffed for no, good reason.  Closer to home (Knoxville) we are talking about a suspect who is cuffed and subdued being beaten and kicked, apparently even by officers who arrived on the scene after he was subdued (and supervisors who attempted to cover up the incident.)  Heck, we even have officers (Pigeon Forge) talking blithely about walking in to their HQ and killing all the members of another shift within their own department, including their captain.  In some cases, such as the latter, the officers are fired but in too many they are basically given a slap on the wrist (or even a pat on the back) and put back to work.  At the very least, such activities shows a marked lack of intelligence and judgement and I would say that people who are that stupid or who demonstrate such poor judgement not only cast a negative light on good officers but also are probably too stupid or 'judgement challenged' to be vested with the duties and responsibilities of a LEO.  After all, you can't fix stupid - not even with retraining.

I am not arguing that ANY public official (LEO or otherwise) be allowed to operate with impunity. I am also not suggesting that they never do things they shouldn't. I'm only saying that in this single incident, showing up to the table with the baggage of all the things we don't like about cops is wrong. Read through this thread again and look at some of the comments in which people want the cops to lose everything over what could have happened in a worst-case scenario.

...all because of a video that tells a fraction of a story. Sounds to me JUST like the public reaction to the doctored dispatch tapes from the Zimmerman trial.

The video tells the ONLY story needed with regards to this discussion...you simply DO NOT DRAG A PERSON out of a car like that when the person has been in an accident...YOU JUST DON"T DO IT (unless you are an idiot or you just don't give a shit about the person).

Doing so is irresponsible...it's reprehensible...is just plain STUPID.

You don't need a damn checklist to know what anyone who has ever had a basic first aid class is taught.  :screwy:

I am not arguing that ANY public official (LEO or otherwise) be allowed to operate with impunity. I am also not suggesting that they never do things they shouldn't. I'm only saying that in this single incident, showing up to the table with the baggage of all the things we don't like about cops is wrong. Read through this thread again and look at some of the comments in which people want the cops to lose everything over what could have happened in a worst-case scenario.

The reason people are suggesting severe penalties is because we have reached the point in this society when, short of actual force, MONEY is all a government/government agency (or most people) understand or will respond to.

When incidents like this are just ignored you'll get more of them...make the city and/or the cops pay a hefty price and you have a decent chance of seeing some changes so that the next person they forcefully drag out of a car that's been in an auto accident isn't killed.

Police should get paid considerably more than what they are for several reasons. There are the obvious reasons, of course, but in addition to that, higher pay would attract more applicants thereby allowing departments to be more selective. Law of averages; the bigger the pool you pull from the more access to better quality. There are plenty of folks that would otherwise be in law enforcement who choose not to because they can't support their family on the pay. There are plenty of great cops that go into law enforcement for the best reasons and suffer the pay, and there are also the bad kind that go in for very, very wrong reasons. I don't think sense of duty and wanting to earn better wages are mutually exclusive.

I agree that a larger candidate pool would improve the odds. Getting more Andy Griffith's would be great, but he'd get killed in a life-threatening situation. Maybe road cops that write tickets and accident reports need to be more like him and we have some tougher cops for felony arrests and kicking in doors? I don't know what the answer is. I just know that  whole police force full of officer friendlies aren't always enough. 

The reason people are suggesting severe penalties is because we have reached the point in this society when, short of actual force, MONEY is all a government/government agency (or most people) understand or will respond to.

When incidents like this are just ignored you'll get more of them...make the city and/or the cops pay a hefty price and you have a decent chance of seeing some changes so that the next person they forcefully drag out of a car that's been in an auto accident isn't killed.

I'm not against monetary punishment for "actual" damages done, I am emphatically against it in this case, however, because no actual damages occurred. It just looks bad on TV and that's not enough to ruin the life of an officer, who may not have ever done anything wrong before now as far as we know, or cripple a whole department's annual budget over.

If this lady's shoulder had been dislocated, spinal injury worsened, skin burnt by asphalt, etc. I'd be right there with. Barring any of those damages, it needs to at least be a learning opportunity, but that's all. We can't throw the baby out with the bath water just because of baggage we bring to the table from what OTHER cops did in OTHER situations.

We don't punish one cop/department for all that wrongs that every cop/department has ever done.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

I agree that a larger candidate pool would improve the odds. Getting more Andy Griffith's would be great, but he'd get killed in a life-threatening situation. Maybe road cops that write tickets and accident reports need to be more like him and we have some tougher cops for felony arrests and kicking in doors? I don't know what the answer is. I just know that  whole police force full of officer friendlies aren't always enough. 

I'm not against monetary punishment for "actual" damages done, I am emphatically against it in this case, however, because no actual damages occurred. It just looks bad on TV and that's not enough to ruin the life of an officer, who may not have ever done anything wrong before now as far as we know, or cripple a whole department's annual budget over.

If this lady's shoulder had been dislocated, spinal injury worsened, skin burnt by asphalt, etc. I'd be right there with. Barring any of those damages, it needs to at least be a learning opportunity, but that's all.

Big difference between a whole police force of officer friendlies, and having a little common sense. If the womens plates came back as a felony warrant, or violent to officers thats one thing. Treating normal citizens like criminals, as more and more cops do everyday, is not acceptable. Police officers are hated and looked down upon because the majority of LEO interactions lead to this type of attitude. To many times I have seen a police officer drive right by someone with a flat tire, or car problems. No they are not repairmen, but an offer to call someone to help them would go a long ways. If cops wanna be liked, they need to lose the chip on their shoulder, the us vs them attitude, and start punishing those who do stupid stuff. You say a lawsuit would ruin his career? I say the man has no business being an LEO if that is how he conducts himself in that situation. It doesnt matter whether she had worse injuries or not because of their actions. The potential was there. If you discharge a firearm at a person, but miss, should you be turned loose because you didnt hit them and they sustained no injuries?

• Like 4

If this lady's shoulder had been dislocated, spinal injury worsened, skin burnt by asphalt, etc. I'd be right there with. Barring any of those damages, it needs to at least be a learning opportunity, but that's all. We can't throw the baby out with the bath water just because of baggage we bring to the table from what OTHER cops did in OTHER situations.

We don't punish one cop/department for all that wrongs that every cop/department has ever done.

I'm sorry but I simply can't agree.

It looks bad on TV because IT IS BAD.

Just because they got lucky that they didn't hurt her more is not sufficient to avoid punishment (and I can almost guarantee you that that if they've acted this stupidly and recklessly this time they've done it before and will do it again because stupidity and irresponsibility don't just magically appear once and then disappear).

There are certain basic knowledge a first responded should know and I'm absolutely sure they've been taught and one of those basic pieces of knowledge is that you simply do not move an accident victim unless it's necessary to remove them from greater danger...this concept is so basic that I'd bet most grade school kids know it.  I'm not suggesting that these cops should have their lives ruined but I'd suggest at least a month or two of leave without pay...something that will dip into their personal pocket book to get their attention and if the city is in any way training their officers to act this way then the city needs a damn good lesson too.

Citizens aren't criminals and they need to be treated with dignity and respect; especially when they've just suffered an auto accident...the courts can take care of punishment for a driver later if it's warranted; responding officers should treat them as victims (because that's what they are); not criminals and what they did to this woman, aside from the risk of injury, was to treat her as a thug/criminal.

She didn't deserve that treatment; they deserve to pay for their irresponsibility.

• Like 2

Can anyone explain why they would put her face-down on hot pavement anyway just for being unresponsive?  Why not just put her in the back of the crusier like I've seen them do to people who were clearly off their meds and hurling every curse word in the book.  She was in a car accident and doesn't look like a professional athlete.  It doesn't take an EMT to think, "Hey, she might be hurt."

While I won't call it abusive, it certainly appears to be uncaring.  Adds to that us vs. them perception that I thought police forces around the nation are trying to repair.  I guess these guys didn't get the memo.

• Like 3
See, THIS is why I suggested not overreacting until you had all the facts.

The deputy wrote that he approached her car, identified himself and asked Garcia to put her vehicle in park and turn off the ignition, but she failed to do so.
“I then made multiple requests for Garcia to unlock the door or window,” McLaughlin said in his report. “Again Garcia failed to comply with my requests. On two occasions Garcia attempted to drive away but was unable to do so due to vehicle damage.”

The woman was so disoriented that she tried multiple times to drive off, meaning she was unresponsive, not unconscious. She was moving around in the vehicle, which most likely made the cops thing she wasn't injured. Thinking she was drunk and had already struck a stopped vehicle, the officer decided to gett her out of the car and subdued before she could hurt someone or herself.

I get that she was disoriented due to her medical condition, but it sounds JUST like something a drunk driver would do. Later in the article it states that as soon as they found out she was diabetic they called an ambulance for her. I think mistaking her actions for that of a drunk is more than understandable. Edited by BigK
  • Like 2

On two occasions Garcia attempted to drive away but was unable to do so due to vehicle damage.

That’s kinda what I thought may have been happening; hence my statement about turning the vehicle off and making the scene safe.

See, THIS is why I suggested not overreacting until you had all the facts.

The woman was so disoriented that she tried multiple times to drive off, meaning she was unresponsive, not unconscious. She was moving around in the vehicle, which most likely made the cops thing she wasn't injured. Thinking she was drunk and had already struck a stopped vehicle, the officer decided to gett her out of the car and subdued before she could hurt someone or herself.

I get that she was disoriented due to her medical condition, but it sounds JUST like something a drunk driver would do. Later in the article it states that as soon as they found out she was diabetic they called an ambulance for her. I think mistaking her actions for that of a drunk is more than understandable.

No one is overrating...what those cops did was still stupid and irresponsible; period.. Even if she had been drunk it was stupid and irresponsible to drag a potentially injured person out of the car like that.

If anything they should have made he stay in the vehicle and kept her as still as possible until medical had gotten there; not strip her out of the vehicle, handcuff her and put her face down on the pavement and walk away....they still could have easily turned the vehicle off without risking injury to her or anyone else.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Can anyone explain why they would put her face-down on hot pavement anyway just for being unresponsive?  Why not just put her in the back of the crusier like I've seen them do to people who were clearly off their meds and hurling every curse word in the book.  She was in a car accident and doesn't look like a professional athlete.  It doesn't take an EMT to think, "Hey, she might be hurt."

While I won't call it abusive, it certainly appears to be uncaring.  Adds to that us vs. them perception that I thought police forces around the nation are trying to repair.  I guess these guys didn't get the memo.

Apparently they never took beginner's first aid either.

No one is overrating...what those cops did was still stupid and irresponsible; period.. Even if she had been drunk it was stupid and irresponsible to drag a potentially injured person out of the car like that.

If anything they should have made he stay in the vehicle and kept her as still as possible until medical had gotten there; not strip her out of the vehicle, handcuff her and put her face down on the pavement and walk away....they still could have easily turned the vehicle off without risking injury to her or anyone else.

That’s non-sense; you don’t leave a drunk in physical control of a vehicle. They either get out of the vehicle or they are physically removed.

• Like 2

Apparently they never took beginner's first aid either.

Beginner's first aid doesn't teach you how to tell the difference between someone driving after snorting bath salts or having blood sugar problems.

I am the first to say that cops should be charged with crimes just like any of us, but just as bigk said there is a lot of shit going on there that we don't see; it's just another tape edited by the media to show their message agenda. Anyone who has been in those crappy situations can tell you that it is impossible to process all of the data, impossible no matter how awesome of an analyst they think they are.  It's easy for us to see the video and say officer 1 did this wrong, officer 2 did this wrong, because we don't have all of our senses being flooded with variables from the computer screen, we can easily focus on a few select items.

As you said in the previous post about dragging her out, what happened if the car caught fire and they left her in it?  what happened if she jerked something in gear and ran over a cop? it wouldn't take more than a couple of feet to run over and kill someone... what if the driver had a gun under the seat? she had no idea what was going on so she could've very well got spooked and started shooting.  what if she started squirming around inside the car and cut herself up from shards of metal or glass and started bleeding out?

We can play the what-ifs from a computer screen all day long, that's why i stopped trying to make judgements based on videos that are obviously designed to drum up an emotion of some sort until the underlying story is out.  Perfect example is that idiot in murfreesboro that went through the dui checkpoint, people were screaming how it was terrible until they found out it was planned and he was a student pursuing a degree in media then the whole damn thing just disappeared.

• Like 3

I was a real a**hole in high school and drove around like an idiot all the time. I was pulled over 11 times and only once did I encounter a cop that was a prick(state trooper). Every other officer I've encountered was extremely professional and courteous. I believe the majority of cops are good people and it's unfortunate that we only hear about the times when cops do something terrible instead of all the wonderful things they do on a regular basis.

That being said, we must still hold officers accountable when they do something like this but it's important for us to give them the benefit of doubt rather than judge from the safety of our computer screens. I realize many here are/were cops so you obviously want to side with them, but we must treat cops who screw up just like everyone else.

• Like 2

it's routine didn't ya know that ya gota slam em to tha ground and do tha macho knee in the back , while you hand cuff them , every body knows that didn't thay tell y'all . Police policy . Doesn't mater if you have been in a crash or not and your spine may be injured , gota do the knee in the back thang . Jest a routine you know that's what we where told to do at the academy to get our suspect in control and down . But I think some one in class must have been sleeping and missed the accident routine . What to do in case of a accident oh I was sleeping sorry . Forgive me .

Beginner's first aid doesn't teach you how to tell the difference between someone driving after snorting bath salts or having blood sugar problems.

I am the first to say that cops should be charged with crimes just like any of us, but just as bigk said there is a lot of #### going on there that we don't see; it's just another tape edited by the media to show their message agenda. Anyone who has been in those crappy situations can tell you that it is impossible to process all of the data, impossible no matter how awesome of an analyst they think they are.  It's easy for us to see the video and say officer 1 did this wrong, officer 2 did this wrong, because we don't have all of our senses being flooded with variables from the computer screen, we can easily focus on a few select items.

As you said in the previous post about dragging her out, what happened if the car caught fire and they left her in it?  what happened if she jerked something in gear and ran over a cop? it wouldn't take more than a couple of feet to run over and kill someone... what if the driver had a gun under the seat? she had no idea what was going on so she could've very well got spooked and started shooting.  what if she started squirming around inside the car and cut herself up from shards of metal or glass and started bleeding out?

We can play the what-ifs from a computer screen all day long, that's why i stopped trying to make judgements based on videos that are obviously designed to drum up an emotion of some sort until the underlying story is out.  Perfect example is that idiot in murfreesboro that went through the dui checkpoint, people were screaming how it was terrible until they found out it was planned and he was a student pursuing a degree in media then the whole damn thing just disappeared

I'm not talking about differentiating between a medical condition and being high on bath salts of anything else...it doesn't matter whether she was drunk or going into diabetic shock nor did they need to make a determination before moving her because it was irresponsible to move her; much less drag her out of her vehicle.

I'm talking about basic first aid...I'm talking about qnce you are past the basic A-B-C of first aid the most basic rule is to NEVER move an injured person and most especially so when there can be spinal/neck injuries (and you ALWAYS must be concerned with spinal injuries in a car accident) unless they are in immediate danger - anyone who has ever taken any basic first aid class should know that and most certainty a first responder should damn well know that.

There is no reason to play "what if'...the car wasn't on fire...they did not have to drag her out (pretty violently at that) from her vehicle just to turn it off...they did not have to drag her out to secure her until medical arrived...they did not have to drag her out and they most certainly didn't have to put her face down on the pavement in handcuffs.

If folks want to think these cops acted responsibly that's fine, I don't agree and never will.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

I get that she was disoriented due to her medical condition, but it sounds JUST like something a drunk driver would do. Later in the article it states that as soon as they found out she was diabetic they called an ambulance for her. I think mistaking her actions for that of a drunk is more than understandable.

I don't fault the officers for making the assumption that she was drunk. Whether she was drunk or not, she shouldn't have been handled like that. There is no reason for it and several reasons why they shouldn't. As it turns out she was suffering from a medical condition; how horrible for her and her family.

She may have no injuries related to that issue, but that isn't entirely the point. No harm, no foul doesn't apply, especially when there is video evidence. If there are no injuries she may not have grounds for a hefty lawsuit, but at a minimum those officers need to be disciplined. Whoever was in charge there needs to have his pee-pee spanked, and a sincere apology needs to be given to her and her family. Like I said before, I would be seeing red if this was my wife; to the point I would not trust myself with firearms for a little while.

There is no reason to play "what if'...the car wasn't on fire...they did not have to drag her out (pretty violently at that) from her vehicle just to turn it off...they did not have to drag her out to secure her until medical arrived...they did not have to drag her out and they most certainly didn't have to put her face down on the pavement in handcuffs.

If folks want to think these cops acted responsibly that's fine, I don't agree and never will.

So cops should now just politely monitor people acting irrationally until a medic comes around and not take into consideration anyone's safety?  The woman had already displayed multiple reasons for being considered dangerous.

maybe instead of securing her on the ground they could've just held her at gun point and not moved her... but then we would be talking about how those evil cops pointed a loaded gun at her instead.  bunch of silliness in this argument, I bet once the full video is released this story will die out just like the rest of them do.

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 2

If it's not okay to play "what if" since the car wasn't on fire, it's not okay to play "what if" about injuries that did not occur either. Either the accident was bad enough to worry about both or neither.

It's standard procedure to cuff drunk drivers. Hell, they even cuff guys after they shoot them. Handcuffs are the norm when it comes to suspected criminals and she was suspected of DUI. If you think the way they pulled her out of the car was violent, I'd hate to know what you think of what they have to do to restrain a combative suspect. Edited by BigK
Tn. Police officers are a lot smarter and more in the know than most other states and and I will give our tn. Officers credit for that . Most are pretty cool mater of fact . You do have to have a lot of guts to do that job . It's probably hard to turn things on and off , one minute your fighting and being shot at by gangs the next minute your working a accident the next minute thay are helping some ones 89 year old mother make it to the hospital because of a heart attack , I imagine thay see things that would make most people throw up , from death , beatings , stabbings , women going into labor , disputes , wrighting tickets , to pulling people from a fire , to trying to find out who broke into some ones home , to dealing with rape victims , and all this and try and keep sane . A lot of stress I would think . What police have to remember are not all people are out to get them , we all put our pants on the same way at the end of the day . Give respect when respect is given . And don't forget the reason you wanted to become a police officer was to make a difference , and help people , and get the bad guys off the streets . Do we live in a perfect world NO , would we love for this to be a perfect world YES , but that is not the case . We all have our faults , lets jest try and work for a better future .