Florida Home Invasion... by police.

Peace

Anyone else see this?   Is it legit?

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20130718/COLUMNIST/130719612/2256?p=1&tc=pg

crikey!!  fortunate everyone came out ok.  

Ok,

1) Mentally, how do we prepare for this possibility?  

2) How would you manage this situation?

-if everyone wasn't so anti 2A and gun=devil obsessed, I would say a good conversation with your local sherriff and police precinct.... but that is probably best reserved for a small town where you were buddies with the sherriff in grade school.

ok, so maybe an alternate is - just plain get to know the higher-ups in your precincts.  Steak dinner at the house to say "hello" and "thank you for what you do"...  - leave guns, etc. out of it.  That way, if your residence ever comes into question, they know exactly who you are - without any baggage.

ok,  :popcorn:  whad'ya think?

Edited by Peace

The best way to handle it in my opinion is to sue the shit out of the PD/city, etc. and make these acts so damn expensive that they'll change the way they do things.

AND CONCURRENTLY...

Get enough voters in the town riled up enough that the city council (or however they make the laws for that town) outlaw these kinds of raids...there are plenty of ways to catch bad guys without busting down a door at 6AM which often puts INNOCENT'S lives at risk (assuming they ever got the right address)...sometimes I think these police departments do this kind of stuff just because they think it's cool.

• Like 2

There's no good resolution to a situation like that other than what happened. Yes getting invaded and detained isn't a good situation, but no one died and at the end of the day and that's what matters.

That said, I hope they sue the crap out of the city (and I'm far from a sue happy person).

Sorry, but as an innocent armed citizen, it likely would have ended much worse for all involved. I'm going to protect my family from any enemy foreign or domestic. Having no reason to be raided by police, I would only suspect it was some bad guys trying to make their way into my house.

While filing a lawsuit is really the only thing that can be done...  We need to change the system and remove immunity from public servants who violate the law or the constitution, they need to face personal financial loss for their mistakes...  And going even further, we need to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law any criminal violations of the law made by public servants including police officers.

We need to take away from the local DA the authority to pick and choose which cases will be charged and won't be charged when involving public servants and place that authority in a citizen watchdog type group which is made up of citizens within the community that are NOT officers of the court, members of law enforcement, or politicians, allowing them to charge, seat grand juries and prosecute these cases independently of the local DA.

Finally, we need to remove law enforcement powers within the state from federal employees, they should be restricted to only being able to enforce federal laws on federal lands, not within the general population as our founding fathers intended.

Edited by JayC

Definitely needs to file a lawsuit.

I don't know the best way to prepare for this, other than to try and use your SA to best figure out whether it is really LE, or thugs pretending to be LE.  Unless I'm fairly certain that the person at my door is legit, I'd call 911 to verify.  Any sketchy person coming through my door will most likely get shot. 

Sorry, but as an innocent armed citizen, it likely would have ended much worse for all involved. I'm going to protect my family from any enemy foreign or domestic. Having no reason to be raided by police, I would only suspect it was some bad guys trying to make their way into my house.

Yes...I fear that if police ever do this to my home I'm almost certainly going to die and quite possibly one or more police officers will die too.

In this day and age, you pretty much have to assume that someone bashing in your door is there to do you harm nor can you assume that just because they yell "Police Officer" that they really are police officers and not just a group of thugs.

Edited by RobertNashville
I can't believe the things this Marshal said to the reporter. It's sad that his opinion is that his life is more important than the life of an innocent person. I can't imagine getting into law enforcement with that attitude.
The police all over are becoming more militarized and de-sensitized as our Constitution and the rights it defends is vaporized in the name of "peace and safety". I'm amazed that THEY can't see what they're doing to freedom in this country and the country their kids and grandkids will be forced to live in.

What this all means is Al-quida is winnng.

The police all over are becoming more militarized and de-sensitized as our Constitution and the rights it defends is vaporized in the name of "peace and safety". I'm amazed that THEY can't see what they're doing to freedom in this country and the country their kids and grandkids will be forced to live in.

What this all means is Al-quida is winnng.

No need to be surprised...the police who are on the force now are more and more, those "kids" who have come up through a 100% politically correct education system where students, if they are taught anything at all, are taught everything but the values and responsibilities our country was founded on.

I'd venture to say that most younger cops don't "like" guns at all so of course they don't like them in the hands of mere citizens and they likely have an inflated feeling of self-importance.

The above is certainly not true of all cops but I believe it is true of an ever increasing number of them as they guys with real time behind the badge retire or quit.