LEOs of TGO, I have a question

Unfortunately I have had to do a lot of high risk traffic stops (formerly felony traffic stops) alone.
A lot of times you find the suspect while all the other officers are busy processing and securing the crime scene this guy just created.

Use of an AR or shotgun would have been provoked somehow by the driver of the stopped car.  A BOLO, wild driving or something caused a more than usual response.  Contempt of Cop may happen and be dealt with.  In today's world an officer's life doesn't seem to value much.  I would do whatever I had to do to go home at the end of the shift.  In a city like Oak Ridge or wherever backup is usually available but still takes time to get there.  I was a State Trooper and frequently the only law working outside a city for 2-3 counties during a night or midnight shift.  Deputies are frequently in the same spot.  I would make the bad guy believe that I was going to rip him apart piece by piece and feed him to the hogs.  More that once I made a man wet his pants out of fear for his life.  Halfway from your car to his and hearing the dispatcher say he is wanted for something changes the lovable teddy bear into the raging grizzly bear who wants to go home to mama & the kids at the end of the shift.

Cherokee Slim

Edited by Cherokee Slim

In today's world an officer's life doesn't seem to value much.

I can't speak for everyone, but I value the officer's life exactly the same as the next guy's. I can't for the life of me understand why I should put more value on it.

I can't speak for everyone, but I value the officer's life exactly the same as the next guy's. I can't for the life of me understand why I should put more value on it.

A lot of confusion develops when you try to value one life before another, woman, child, officer, or whomever. As a LEO I can tell you that most LEO's will risk if not give their life to save another, no matter who's life it is. Chances are this LEO had reason to believe this person was a huge threat to himself and others. What I can tell you is that any criminal considering killing a police officer will kill anyone for any reason.
  • Like 1

What I can tell you is that any criminal considering killing a police officer will kill anyone for any reason.            

Absolutely. I always hate to hear that an LEO is killed or injured. I just don't hate it any less when anyone else is killed or injured.

Guest TankerHC

A lot of confusion develops when you try to value one life before another, woman, child, officer, or whomever. As a LEO I can tell you that most LEO's will risk if not give their life to save another, no matter who's life it is. Chances are this LEO had reason to believe this person was a huge threat to himself and others. What I can tell you is that any criminal considering killing a police officer will kill anyone for any reason.

Not a cop. but have to agree with you on that one. NYPD are all a bunch of aholes, just look what they did on September 11, 2001.

Edited by TankerHC