HCP Decal Alert

Guest ColdEspresso

Guest ColdEspresso

I wish I had a picture of this but as I was driving home today I almost wrecked my car. I got cut off by a gold Dodge truck and on the back window was a large gold decal of the infamous "Concealed Carry" badge. It took up 1/3 of the rear window!!!!! I almost hit the side rail because I was laughing so hard!!! :tough: He was driving about 75mph on the Briley Parkway (one of the biggest speed traps in Middle Tennessee) toward Opryland in Nashville... Has anyone seen this guy? I thought he would turn off at McGavock and go to Cooter's Place so he could protect the General Lee parked outside but he must have had better crimes to be on the lookout for...:tough::):tough::D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to risk the ticket... Briley Parkway challenges my radar detector.....

I always get a kick out of those with radar detectors! They do indeed work,but the cops only turn them on after your in a plain sight of view,when its to late.

Its funny to watch car after car dig their front bumpers in the ground after slamming on the brakes :D and still get a ticket!

Guest ColdEspresso

I am not a big speed demon but the Metro police on the Briley Parkway will nail you for 3 miles over the limit. Cheap detectors don't work and if the LEO has laser you are nailed but most of the police use Ka band around here so a good detector works pretty well.

Guest Sancman

:D:screwy::D

Advertising or promoting......:up:

I still get a chuckle when I see the "keep honking, I am reloading as fast as I can" bumper stickers......:)

I didn't want to risk the ticket... Briley Parkway challenges my radar detector.....

Especially the trap they set on Briley/Thompson LN at the Murfeesboro rd. S. exit! Usually two motorcycle cops. One with a radar and one standing in the right lane flagging them over. They usually get 4 or 5 at a time.

gold decal of the infamous "Concealed Carry" badge. It took up 1/3 of the rear window

toward Opryland in Nashville...

Has anyone seen this guy?

Not familiar with this area but is there any chance he was headed toward Opry Mills?

:bowrofl::bowrofl:

Not familiar with this area but is there any chance he was headed toward Opry Mills?

:bowrofl::bowrofl:

AHHHHHH, a Voldemort sighting! I think he had a wagon full of self published HCP books, though. :D

Leave it up to Mike to drag the banned from obscurity. I wonder who's next.:bowrofl:

Ok, Ok...havnet seen that guy...

But there is this complete pos with stickers all over the backwindow of a silver F-150...big 'ole fishy type stickers...heh..thats me...wave as ya pass me on Briley cuz I am not speeding there.

here we go again with the decal argument.

I have a NASCAR Truck Series sticker on my bumper, no one is thinking my truck is a race truck. I have NRA sticker next to the NASCAR one and no on is going to break in my truck thinking I leave guns inside.

Heck most people I see with the NRA sticker I pretty much figure are not members anyway.

How about if I had a MGD sticker on the car? Does that mean I have beer inside?

oy, paranoia

Heh...all my Jimmy Buffett stickers, folks think I am a liberal ( lmao ), so they wouldn't think I had a gun even if I did have NRA or brand stickers on my truck. Put on the stickers I say. If they break in, you get 6 to 17 shots at em depending on yer weapon of choice.

Guest ColdEspresso

:rolleyes::bowrofl:

Yes he was!!! I am sure he was going to stock up on overpriced camo at Bass Pro...

Here is a related story, of course it's not presumptive at all! http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/16804470/detail.html

DENVER -- If you have a bumper sticker, it might mean you are a more aggressive driver, says a new study that links the stickers to road rage.The study by Colorado State University and published in the June edition of the Journal of Applied Social Psychology, says drivers who decorate their cars with "territorial markers" are more likely to be aggressive on the road.In the study, a researcher sat in a car in a turn lane after the traffic light turned green, holding up traffic, and then recorded which drivers honked their horns. @Position2?xOn average, cars with territorial markers honked seconds faster than drivers in plain cars."I'd like to see a study breakdown of right-wing and left-wing stickers," John Fischer, owner of StickerGiant.com, told the Daily Camera.A spokeswoman for the Boulder Police Department, Sarah Huntley, said traffic officers have not made any connections between bumper stickers and road-rage incidents."I don't have bumper stickers. And I don't have road rage," Jennifer Klapperich told the Camera.She commutes from Fort Collins to Boulder and said she keeps her cool by carpooling and listening to satellite radio.