Seriously... WTF...

Guest Verbal Kint

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

Must be pointing out the champagne in the glass? Could always be ginger ale but to answer your question legally no. If it was closed to the public for a while they may be able to bring in there own for a private party.

Guest bkelm18
Must be pointing out the champagne in the glass? Could always be ginger ale but to answer your question legally no. If it was closed to the public for a while they may be able to bring in there own for a private party.

Yeah thats what I was referring to. Don't know if it was champagne. Given the grandeur of the ceremony, it was more likely Natty Light or Bud. :D

just because the legality of having alcohol at a Waffle House is in question does not mean it did not happen.

I can testify to the fact I have drank beer at a Denny's and they did not sell it to me.

My guess is the girl works at the Waffle House and the Manager turned a blind eye to things. So they had some beers or champagne! Probably not a big deal where ever in Ga they were at.

just because the legality of having alcohol at a Waffle House is in question does not mean it did not happen.

I can testify to the fact I have drank beer at a Denny's and they did not sell it to me.

My guess is the girl works at the Waffle House and the Manager turned a blind eye to things. So they had some beers or champagne! Probably not a big deal where ever in Ga they were at.

I think alcohol was the least of the inappropriate things the owner/manager turned a blind eye too. :bowrofl::bowrofl:

As "Redneck" as it may have been, it almost makes more sense than those who go into thousands and thousands of dollars in debt for a wedding.

No "almost" about it.

Classic, VK.

Don't mean to hijack ur thread, but I received this today and had to share...

Nom_Nom_Cake.jpg

Looks like a match made in heaven to me. They both obviously have similar interests.

Guest Verbal Kint
No "almost" about it.

I agree.

If it was a decision between Waffle House and an $800,000+ wedding... well... okay... I still wouldn't choose Waffle House, but sure as hell wouldn't pay anywhere near that figure. :bowrofl:

But there are plenty of tasteful options that are inexpensive or free. A public park. A water fountain / town square type thing. A church. Beach. Etc etc. Any number of places that aren't a Waffle House.

My wife and I decided to do an outdoor wedding (with indoor backup) at a state historic site where I was on the board. Whole thing, including a donation to the site probably only cost us probably $500. But we did stuff like the reception items ourselves.

Actually very gratifying and a nice wedding.

Guest Verbal Kint
My wife and I decided to do an outdoor wedding (with indoor backup) at a state historic site where I was on the board. Whole thing, including a donation to the site probably only cost us probably $500. But we did stuff like the reception items ourselves.

Actually very gratifying and a nice wedding.

Yep. Did the church wedding, but it was nowhere near extravagant. Other than the candles, flower arrangement, and table up in front there weren't any decorations. I rocked a suit and the wife rocked a wedding dress. Although very trendy and normally costing a butt load of cash, we managed to find her dress (brand new, but one season old -- thus no longer "in style" per trophy wives and Hollywood glamour professionals) off the internet for like $100. Would have cost over $1k if purchased a year prior. :bowrofl:

Reception was held in the reception hall... all food provided by us. The cake was pretty large and looked good. Everyone there said it was some of the best they had ever eaten. And... gasp... I believe my parent's ordered it from a WalMart bakery. :bowrofl:

Very tasteful wedding... inexpensive (around the $500 mark like you said)... and very memorable.

:D

In 1970 me and my wife to be went to Gate City, VA to get married on a Saturday because in those days you could get married the same day you got your license. After we got the blood test at the doctor's office around the corner we picked up our license at the courthouse and proceeded down to the barber shop where there was a preacher/barber who would perform the wedding.

We walked in to a roomfull of men waiting to get a haircut and asked the preacher (who was cutting a guy's hair) if he would marry my girlfriend and me. He said "sure, just as soon as I finish this guy's haircut. Have a seat and I'll be done in a minute."

When he got done he asked us if we wanted to get married in the barber shop or did we want to go somewhere more private. We opted for the privacy and he said "we'll go to the furniture store next door." So we walked next door and went in the furniture store, and right there, about 10 feet inside the front door, he performed our wedding.

When he finished and pronounced us "man and wife" I asked him how much I owed him. He said "how much is she worth?" I looked in my wallet and asked, "ya got change for a twenty?" I then received my first punch in the shoulder from my lovely new bride. I gave him the twenty and told him to keep the change and we left and headed to Gatlinburg to get as much "honeymoonen" in as we could before I left for Texas the following Tuesday for basic training.

38 years - three daughters - three grandkids - and a cabinet full of guns and we're still together and lovin it. Best twenty bucks I ever spent.

Guest Verbal Kint
He said "how much is she worth?" I looked in my wallet and asked, "ya got change for a twenty?" I then received my first punch in the shoulder from my lovely new bride.

:P

38 years - three daughters - three grandkids - and a cabinet full of guns and we're still together and lovin it. Best twenty bucks I ever spent.

:P

Guest Hyaloid
In 1970 me and my wife to be went to Gate City, VA to get married on a Saturday because in those days you could get married the same day you got your license. After we got the blood test at the doctor's office around the corner we picked up our license at the courthouse and proceeded down to the barber shop where there was a preacher/barber who would perform the wedding.

We walked in to a roomfull of men waiting to get a haircut and asked the preacher (who was cutting a guy's hair) if he would marry my girlfriend and me. He said "sure, just as soon as I finish this guy's haircut. Have a seat and I'll be done in a minute."

When he got done he asked us if we wanted to get married in the barber shop or did we want to go somewhere more private. We opted for the privacy and he said "we'll go to the furniture store next door." So we walked next door and went in the furniture store, and right there, about 10 feet inside the front door, he performed our wedding.

When he finished and pronounced us "man and wife" I asked him how much I owed him. He said "how much is she worth?" I looked in my wallet and asked, "ya got change for a twenty?" I then received my first punch in the shoulder from my lovely new bride. I gave him the twenty and told him to keep the change and we left and headed to Gatlinburg to get as much "honeymoonen" in as we could before I left for Texas the following Tuesday for basic training.

That's awesome.

Guest gunslinger707

Waynesan those Gate City Marriage's are like cement !! lol

We got married there too on a Sat.Morn. 44yrs later we're still chuggin along.2 Son's 4 G'Daughter's:D

Good for you Gunslinger707. I tried to convince my two daughters that are now married that a cheap, inexpensive wedding was the way to go but no dice. I guess the example of their mom and dad couldn't overcome the need to be like everyone else.