Elk Quota Hunt

I put in for KY, both doe and buck, but didn't get drawn. Nonresident tags are few and far between. 

I guess I won't put in for TN. I don't think I will be up for a hunt this fall. I broke my leg last weekend, so going to have to stick to old man hunting this fall. 

I dream about going on an elk hunt one day. Watching the mist between the hills, .308 laying on my lap, chaw of Red Man tastin good, and chills going up my spine as you hear that bugle off in the distance, and then seeing that huge rack twist and turn through the branches and brush as it head towards me...MAN That has to be awesome!!!

I saw an Elk in the park early one morning with snow on the ground. It was in one of the parking lots. I thought man that's too beautiful to shoot.......but would look great on the wall and I bet it tastes delicious! Seriously if I still hunted I'd put in for one. I hadn't seen them but for TV and I wanted it to bugle so bad so Mom could hear it and freak out lol.

I figure I'll pass since I'm pretty new to big game hunting in general.
I haven't master Deer yet. So I'll let you guys that know how to call and scout have this one.

Good guys.

Elk hunting is totally different than deer hunting.

Besides that if you wait until you master deer hunting you may die before you ever go elk hunting.

I forgot to put in this year, dang it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.