Protest Lamar Alexander, Sat July 20 – 3:30PM, Smyrna TN

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Guest copperhead_1911

Tell that RINO his tail is gone come primary time. You dont vote against the people who put you in office and support illegal leeches. 

Tell that RINO his tail is gone come primary time. You dont vote against the people who put you in office and support illegal leeches. 

He's not going a damn place unless someone steps up to run against him. So far he has either intimidated everyone that has tried to step up or hired them to his team. That's sad but to be honest with you, if they are that easily swayed then they wouldn't be any better than him.

• Like 2

While I appreciate the idea of the rally, time might be better spent finding and preparing a candidate who can actually defeat him.  So far no one's even come close. 

I don't know that we have any pull with that. But large numbers of people at these events could give a perspective candidate the courage to step up.

Brenda Lenard is challenging him (ran in the '12 primary against Corker).  From what I've read of her positions, she is definitely to the right of Lamar, and she has a good bio that will help raise out-of-state money from conservative grassroots, but she's never been elected to *anything*, which suggests she is probably not experienced enough at building and staffing a campaign to take on an entrenched and well-known incumbent.  We shall see, I guess.

Brenda Lenard is challenging him (ran in the '12 primary against Corker). From what I've read of her positions, she is definitely to the right of Lamar, and she has a good bio that will help raise out-of-state money from conservative grassroots, but she's never been elected to *anything*, which suggests she is probably not experienced enough at building and staffing a campaign to take on an entrenched and well-known incumbent. We shall see, I guess.

Not sure what it is but I have a hard time trusting black folk anymore.
She may be one to watch but it didn't take much to find some trash on her, http://www.teapartynation.com/m/discussion?id=3355873%3ATopic%3A2011288

True or not, I'm all for replacing everyone one of them.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

He's not going a damn place unless someone steps up to run against him. So far he has either intimidated everyone that has tried to step up or hired them to his team. That's sad but to be honest with you, if they are that easily swayed then they wouldn't be any better than him.

I'll run against him....wait I'm nobody, I keep my word, believe in the constitution and bill of rights, and, oh wait that just ruled me out

I'll run against him....wait I'm nobody, I keep my word, believe in the constitution and bill of rights, and, oh wait that just ruled me out

Well my younger years rule me out of public office but if that wasn't the case then I would surely be ruled out for the same reasons as you.
It looks like I may not make it Saturday. Our AC unit went into death spiral and exploded a coil and locked up the compressor yesterday. The good news is I have a good friend in the business that will do everything at cost but the bad news is he can't do it until Saturday so we'll see what time we get done. Missing the protest is part of the bad but having a wife in a 90 degree house is the much larger part of the bad! She is a pretty good sport though.

4 bankruptcies in 2 years? (From article above)
Seems a bit much ... what has she gotten into since that's let her finance this new PhD degree? Seems a bit fishy to me

I agree 100%! The last thing we need is to elect someone with financial pains that will be very tempted to vote theirselves out of those very pains. I'm against the idea that one must be extremely wealthy to run and be elected to office but I would like to see that they are capable of handling their own money in a responsible manner, especially since they would be handling ours.
  • Like 2

I agree 100%! The last thing we need is to elect someone with financial pains that will be very tempted to vote theirselves out of those very pains. I'm against the idea that one must be extremely wealthy to run and be elected to office but I would like to see that they are capable of handling their own money in a responsible manner, especially since they would be handling ours.

It's a fine line isn't it? Haslam's got money. Do you trust him?  Sunquist had money. Would anybody vote him back in office?  All the honest citizens with common sense are too smart(and too busy makin' a livin')  to jump into the kind of dirty politics we have around here. Very disgusting. And I'm all for rotating in a whole new batch. Could NOT do worse!

Edited by HvBikeWlTravel
  • Like 1

But, but, but.....He saved fishing!!!    :rolleyes:

Anybody else wanna throw something at the TV when that ad comes on?  All the hugely important issues going on right now and Lamar is crowing about saving fishing.   :puke:

But, but, but.....He saved fishing!!!    :rolleyes:

Anybody else wanna throw something at the TV when that ad comes on?  All the hugely important issues going on right now and Lamar is crowing about saving fishing.   :puke:

It does make one feel a lil' squeamish doesn't it. Not to mention the Rand Paul cameo that i'm pretty sure was not signed off on. Rand Paul's office made a statement that he in no way endorsed Lamar.