Stupidity, Idiocy and Ignorance knows no bounds..

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Use the Constitution, where it states NOWHERE, ANYTHING about the separation of Church and State, to state that is Unconstitutional to teach the Constitution in a public school.

How about "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". Jefferson mentioned it in a speech, (Separation) to specifically reenforce that line (The Free Exercise Clause). I'm no Religious Zealot, but read a fricken book already. Or better yet, the Constitution is ONE PAGE (NOTE: I d know it takes 4 pages to print out the actual Constitution), if they could pull their idiot brains away from Facebook long enough, they might learn something.

I'd bet they would be HORRIFIED to learn that the old Capital Building, the "New Capital Building and THE CURRENT CAPITAL BUILDING, were all used as Churches and that President's up to and past Lincoln attended Church in them, including Jefferson, who they quote, to defend their idea that separation of Church and State means that Government building's cannot contain anything Religous.

And teaching the Constitution is a "Waste of Taxpayer dollars? If it weren't FOR the Constitution there would BE NO TAXPAYER DOLLARS.

Bunch of fricken MORONS.

Rant over.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/01/parents-angry-because-religion-may-get-mentioned-in-optional-summer-constitution-class-video/

Edited by TankerHC
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it amusing that some people think "prohibiting the free exercise thereof" somehow means "except in certain places", where as they believe that their Second Amendment rights should be completely unrestricted.

I'd call that an inconsistency in logic.

The First Amendment guarantees freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

It seemed the issue was the use of tax dollars for the promotion of religious activities.

Not that I care, though. Somehow I doubt volunteer (unpaid) instructors giving classes to youngsters at a school that is empty anyway during the summer is making a significant dent on education budgets, if any at all. I would agree that any religious institution (even the non-Christian ones) be granted the ability to use public schoolrooms for such activities so long as it isn't mandatory attendance or taking resources away from actual curriculum.

Seeing both sides if this, I attended high school in a very, very small town where many of our mandatory events were held in the Baptist church across the road from the school. Most events I recall began with prayer. Not that it was a problem in our community, but then again there probably wasn't a Jew or Muslim within 100 miles to get offended over it. If there was a kid from another faith forced to go to these things, I would agree that it wouldn't be right to make such events mandatory or exclusionary.

And teaching the Constitution is a "Waste of Taxpayer dollars? If it weren't FOR the Constitution there would BE NO TAXPAYER DOLLARS.

From what I saw in that story, it is not a class; it a private seminar. Paid for by the fees of those attending it and the teachers are not paid by the school district. Not sure how they get a waste of tax dollars from that.

Its teachers are overtly religious? That’s insane. biggrin.gif

Having said that though, it’s a parent’s duty to teach their kids the parts of the Constitution that may directly impact their life one day. I’ve heard more than one school teacher tell kids the cops need a warrant to search your car. Could be bad news for kids that believe that.