Went to Nashville Gun Show Today

I went to the gun show at the Nashville fairgrounds today and black rifles were available in abundance.  I'm not sure about the prices, but many were below $1,000 so I guess the draught of sporting rifles is over.

I didn't see a lot of AKs and SKSs, but there were a few there.

There seemed to be a reasonable supply of ammo as well, but I didn't check prices.

I bought a used NCStar 4x lighted scope with laser for... well... it seemed like a decent price.  Now, I'm not sure what to put it on. I may have to go back tomorrow to get a rifle.  :rofl:

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Yep, its over. There are 7 in the Walmart in Dayton that have been there for a few days (Im sure they can or have replaced them, which shows even more no more shortage), and I was in Soddy last night and their Walmart had 5 or 6.

Edited by TankerHC

I also saw an interesting holster. It's attached to a cell phone case and fits inside the waist band at the 11 o'clock position. To draw, you 1) Insert right hand into pants at the zipper palm facing in until the thumb is near the belt line and pull outwards. 2) Lift up on the cell phone case with the left hand, pulling the holster up until the grip of the gun presents beside the thumb. 3) Slide right hand over to the grip and draw gun.

Pro: 1) Very comfortable, even while sitting down.

2) Reasonably quick to draw when it worked.

3) Fits inside the thigh so it doesn't print nearly as much as a front pocket holster.

Con:  1) I'm a skinny guy who wears pants my size, not a size bigger. I've never tried on an IWB holster I liked. This one would hang up when pulling the cell phone case up with my left hand. It seemed like the belt clip was hanging up on the... I don't know the word... I'll call it the welt of the belt material inside the waistband. I tried more than once and it hung up every time. There was no hook on the belt clip. It's held in place by the weight of the gun rather than clipping around the belt so I couldn't tell what it was hanging on.

Con: 2) It requires two hands to draw. I realize this is common with a lot of IWB holsters.

In short, it's a creative idea that completely conceals the handgun and it comfortable to wear. If you can draw it and you don't mind using two hands to draw, it's a decent holster.

Edited by jgradyc

Con: 2) It requires two hands to draw. I realize this is common with a lot of IWB holsters.

That's news to me.

Besides, if it really does require two hands to draw, then it might cost you your life if you had to draw in self defense and only had one hand free.

On that basis alone, I'd pass on it.

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

I also saw an interesting holster. It's attached to a cell phone case and fits inside the waist band at the 11 o'clock position. To draw, you 1) Insert right hand into pants at the zipper palm facing in until the thumb is near the belt line and pull outwards. 2) Lift up on the cell phone case with the left hand, pulling the holster up until the grip of the gun presents beside the thumb. 3) Slide right hand over to the grip and draw gun.

Pro: 1) Very comfortable, even while sitting down.

2) Reasonably quick to draw when it worked.

3) Fits inside the thigh so it doesn't print nearly as much as a front pocket holster.

Con:  1) I'm a skinny guy who wears pants my size, not a size bigger. I've never tried on an IWB holster I liked. This one would hang up when pulling the cell phone case up with my left hand. It seemed like the belt clip was hanging up on the... I don't know the word... I'll call it the welt of the belt material inside the waistband. I tried more than once and it hung up every time. There was no hook on the belt clip. It's held in place by the weight of the gun rather than clipping around the belt so I couldn't tell what it was hanging on.

In short, it's a creative idea that completely conceals the handgun and it comfortable to wear. If you can draw it and you don't mind using two hands to draw, it's a decent holster.

Is it this one??  http://www.concealedcomfort.com

I looked at that one when I was first looking for a holster to start carrying.  I'm a large guy (you could say fat, lol), so I was unsure about traditional IWB at the time.  Now I use a IWB Kholster (supertuck clone) or OWB with the glock combat sport holster.  I never gave the cell pal a try, just watched the videos and thought about it.

If you wear an IWB holster where the tucked in shirt covers the grip, then it takes two hands... one to tug the tucked in shirt out of the way and the other to draw the weapon. That's what I meant by needing two hands.

EDITED: The crossbreed supertuck requires two hands, for example, if you wear your shirt tucked in.

Edited by jgradyc

Is it this one??  http://www.concealedcomfort.com

I looked at that one when I was first looking for a holster to start carrying.  I'm a large guy (you could say fat, lol), so I was unsure about traditional IWB at the time.  Now I use a IWB Kholster (supertuck clone) or OWB with the glock combat sport holster.  I never gave the cell pal a try, just watched the videos and thought about it.

Yeah, that was it.

Come to think of it, you might be able to draw with one hand... but that wasn't how the guy showed me how to do it. Like I said, it snagged on the inside of my belt welt every time I tried to pull the case up to present the weapon.

If you wear an IWB holster where the tucked in shirt covers the grip, then it takes two hands... one to tug the tucked in shirt out of the way and the other to draw the weapon. That's what I meant by needing two hands.

Gotcha. In that case, yeah, all the IWBs I've seen or used would work best with 2 hands if you're tucked in and covering the gun. You can untuck with one hand, then draw, but it's faster to use two hands. Now I either don't tuck, or wear it outside the tucked shirt and under a jacket, or no jacket and don't really care who might see it, depending on location and circumstances.

• Like 1