Name an irrational fear

Hippies.

I doubt you fear them more than you loathe them.   :D

I have an irrational fear of being stuck on a bus with a bunch of unwashed hippies returning from bonaroo 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ZwJiK0fJ0

As all fears are rational at one time or another, I only fear my wife

leaving me.

• Like 1

My biggest fear is TSHTF and I'm unable to get to my family to provide them protection.

X 1,000,000!!! This is mine as well. It doesn't sit well with me the a huge part of the population doesn't even think about this....and they will be the ones in our way as we are trying to get to our families DR. Edited by rugerla1
Guest TankerHC

I figured some of us would get the reference. I might watch the relay this week just to see how bad it is.

I watched it. I was going to post about it but since it had been on already and no one mentioned it I didnt think anyone else did or would want to sit through that disaster. Thing is, every time I would g to change the channel something stupider than the last scene would happen and I kept thinking....who in the hell thought this stupidity up? If you have ever seen Rosie Grier in "The Thing with two heads", multiply that disaster by 10 and you have Sharknado.

Part II is coming, script is already written. (Musta took em about 8 minutes to write it), and they say they want Tom Cruise to be the lead. Reviewers keep saying "Keep on dreaming" but forget that Cruise played the bald headed Jewish executive in Tropic Thunder.

If you enjoyed Sharknado, you might also enjoy Swamp Shark, the Deputies demise is worth the watch.

One of the greatest tweets of all time "As the nation laughed the night away at Sharknado, none could have predicted the looming Crabquake"

BOT

How could anything possibly be worse The Thing With Two Heads? That ranks up there with Plan 9 and Swamp Shark, which I did see.

I seem to find the worst possible movies just at the time my wife comes home. And I must watch them. It's an addiction.

Bad movies, especially almost anything from the SyFy channel can be so campy they are fun to watch.

And the Canadian production teams seem to find the worst actors in the world to use for all these films. In fact, I think the same 50 or so of them do all the SyFy movies.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
Guest Bonedaddy

I got to agree with ya on the SyFy channel stuff. I love science fiction stuff but that crap is done so poorly that I just can't stomach it. The actin' sucks, the CGI sucks, the script sucks, it just all purdy much sucks.

All fears that do not involve something that is actually happening (someone attacks you from behind, for example, you have the instant panic and adrenal rush etc) or likely to happen (you have a lump and it *could* be cancer, waiting on a test result...)  are irrational.   Fear of a certain type of animal or object or situation is irrational (if not actively a threat), etc.   Fear of the future and unknown are also irrational...  a person can't just sit around being worried about what their situation may be in a decade or something all the time.  Its normal for anyone to have the occasional irrational thought or fear, but if you have them all the time, you have a problem. 

Its normal for anyone to have the occasional irrational thought or fear, [b]but if you have them all the time, you have a problem[/b]. 

Now i'm going to be worried about having an irrational fear all the time.

Umbrellas.

My wife says its irrational, I say its perfectly rational. People wave them around, don't pay any attention to whats nearby. I've been stabbed with the points dozens of times, and my fear is losing an eye.

Wife thinks it is hilarious that I will walk 6' away from her in a thundering downpour, getting absolutely soaked, because I won't use an umbrella.

Over the years its turned from an annoyance into a straight up fear.

"It's just an umbrella". Its just a 3' stick, with 2' sticks with pointy ends sticking out of it, and you're waving it around like its a teddy bear. Here, stand still while I wave this katana in the air around me.

I am a bit leery of umbrellas for a different reason.  My reason?  Well, because most of them are built on metal rods.  I mean, here we are, walking around outside in a rainstorm where lightning is a real possibility and I'm blithely holding a big, metal rod in my hand - complete with a nice, metal spire tip that juts up beyond the umbrella and a 'network' of thin, metal pieces that make up the frame.  How smart is that?

Edited by JAB

Right now, my 'irrational' fear is that .22LR ammo availability and (bulk) pricing will never return to what it once was.  At least I hope that turns out to be an irrational fear.

I fear that for most all ammo.

Down at the hardware store in White Bluff there's a couple of boxes of S&W .38 Long, or was it .32 Long? If it were 1935 I might have a need for it.