Graycrait, You NEED This 10/22

Oh Shoot

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Gods sake..do not show this to Gordon..

Have a feelin'  he'll sniff it out. :)

'Course, if he bites, he'll make one to shoot a Watusi long spear with .300blk or something!

Edited by Oh Shoot

Old stuff. I made one two years ago but mine was a little different.

Rather than my barrel being integral I made one that threaded onto a 1/2-28 threaded barrel. It was about 8" long and the arrow slide over it after I cut the knock off. The adapter's shaft that was hollow. Using full sized arrows there was too much volume and the arrows would only go about 25 feet. When I cot the arrows down to about 10" they would bury themselves and leave about an inch out of the ground. Shooting into the air it would leave your sight. And yes I made sure to offset it enough that it would not come down onto me.

I used the nail blanks from Home Depot.

Old stuff. I made one two years ago but mine was a little different.

Rather than my barrel being integral I made one that threaded onto a 1/2-28 threaded barrel. It was about 8" long and the arrow slide over it after I cut the knock off. The adapter's shaft that was hollow. Using full sized arrows there was too much volume and the arrows would only go about 25 feet. When I cot the arrows down to about 10" they would bury themselves and leave about an inch out of the ground. Shooting into the air it would leave your sight. And yes I made sure to offset it enough that it would not come down onto me.

I used the nail blanks from Home Depot.

Methinks our legs are being pulled.

- OS

Next time you come over I can show you what remains of the adapter. I made it on my lathe,,,,

Okay, okay, so it wasn't a joke!  I honestly thought you were having us on, since I'd never heered of it. :)

- OS

I have been told a cheaper way to "shoot" arrows is to cut the top off a shotgun shell and dump the shot out. Slide a arrow down the bore then load the round. Finish pushing the arrow down the bore with something other than your hand. Aim and fire but like my version it isn't very accurate from what I have been told.

I have not personally done this so anyone wanting to try it do it at your own risk.

Here is a video;
http://youtu.be/wD3FqhflaZU

I have been told a cheaper way to "shoot" arrows is to cut the top off a shotgun shell and dump the shot out. Slide a arrow down the bore then load the round. Finish pushing the arrow down the bore with something other than your hand. Aim and fire but like my version it isn't very accurate from what I have been told.

I have not personally done this so anyone wanting to try it do it at your own risk.

Here is a video;

Yup, that looks sufficiently nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a video;
http://youtu.be/wD3FqhflaZU

When slugs just aren't enough to say, "@#$% you", lmao