LARRY VICKERS JOINS DANIEL DEFENSE TEAM!

Guest Verbal Kint

Guest Verbal Kint

Original Post, by Daniel Defense, over on the M4C forums: >> HERE <<

---

Larry Vickers Joins Daniel Defense

Daniel Defense is proud to announce uniting forces with Industry Professional, Larry Vickers. Larry has been brought on board as a consultant for new product development and marketing. With Larry Vickers joining the team, Daniel Defense will have the increased ability to offer the best possible products to today’s modern war fighter.

Larry Vickers is a retired Special Forces Operator and one of the most sought after combat marksmanship instructors. His expertise has led many manufactures in the small arms world to consult with him on the development of new products. In addition to his many accomplishments, Larry Vickers has been featured on the hit Military Channel show, Weaponology.

“I am excited about joining the Daniel Defense team. I have used their free float rail systems for some time now with excellent results. I will be putting my efforts into enhancing Daniel Defense's excellent products and look forward to developing new ones to make Daniel Defense an industry leader in many different areas of tactical firearms products.â€

Larry Vickers

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry Vickers,Top notch soldier, trainer, and arguably the best 1911 pistolsmith around.However he gave up the pistol smithing to work as a weapons consultant and trainer.They don't come any better than him.

..... arguably the best 1911 pistolsmith around.....

Yup!

Larry was the 1911 man around Bragg back when he was smithing. He did an action job on my Gold Cup long before any of us were famous. Back then he was just Larry who fixed 1911 problems. :(

I actually got to handle a real fullhouse (not Nighthawk) Vickers 1911 a couple of years ago in Baton Rouge La, it was a Colt pretty plain Jane Pistol, I have never wanted to own a pistol soo much in my life, I just could not come up with the $6500.00 asking price that the dealer wanted, I have since never seen another, I would love to own one someday :(

Guest Todd@CIS

I took a pistol class from him this spring.

Knowing his 1911 rep, I expected to hear how superior the 1911 is to the Glock. I was surprised at all the fun he poked at 1911s.

He carried a G19 with Heinie sights...

I took a pistol class from him this spring.

Knowing his 1911 rep, I expected to hear how superior the 1911 is to the Glock. I was surprised at all the fun he poked at 1911s.

He carried a G19 with Heinie sights...

So, was he teaching you how to build a Glock????:)

Curious, does that mean you served in the same unit?

Not at the time and not the same unit. Later we may or may not had been in some of the same JTFs based on the named operations.

Other than his work on my Gold Cup years earlier, I only knew Larry directly after he retired and was working for H&K and the Army was looking at the MP8. In fact I had forgotten that he was the "1911 guy" who had fixed my Colt. I didn't put that together until a day at the range and we got to discussing IDPA stuff & 1911s.

I tried to hide my surprise when I realized he was the "Vickers" of the "Vickers Count." :)

Guest Todd@CIS
Not at the time and not the same unit. Later we may or may not had been in some of the same JTFs based on the named operations.

Other than his work on my Gold Cup years earlier, I only knew Larry directly after he retired and was working for H&K and the Army was looking at the MP8. In fact I had forgotten that he was the "1911 guy" who had fixed my Colt. I didn't put that together until a day at the range and we got to discussing IDPA stuff & 1911s.

I tried to hide my surprise when I realized he was the "Vickers" of the "Vickers Count." :)

Copy that.

Guest Verbal Kint

BTT - Looks like more exciting news from the Daniel Defense team...

Daniel Defense Breaks Ground On New State-of-the-art Manufacturing Facility

Daniel Defense is thrilled to announce breaking ground on a brand new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. This new 38,000 ft/sq facility will make it possible for Daniel Defense to more efficiently design and manufacture new parts and accessories for Military, Law Enforcement, and Commercial communities. Daniel Defense chose the new Bryan County, Interstate Commerce Centre in Black Creek, GA as the site for the new facility. Located off I-16 just West of Savannah, this facility will have easy access from the Interstate and will bring many employment opportunities to the surrounding areas. Daniel Defense plans to complete construction and occupy the new facility by spring 2009.

Lots of photos over on M4C : http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=17986