What if they aren't slow?

IF they are fast they won't be Zombies. They will be rage virus monsters but not zombies!

As a zombie purist, I agree. Seems Hollywood is playing fast and loose with the term "zombie".

Whatever you call the rage/virus infected "zombies" they are scary as hell and I, for one, want no part of them.

Fast zombies are cheatin!

I believe you would need to master the art of misdirection. Come up with something that makes more noise than you do and it's easily deployed. Firecrackers etc. Something you can throw to lead them away. I believe Morgan on the walking dead had the right idea. Build traps that will take advantage of their inability to problem solve. Maybe place bells around the town attached to ropes so if you need to head out... you can misdirect them. The only problem with that is that it takes time and you're basically idle which makes you a mark with scavengers.

IF they are fast they won't be Zombies. They will be rage virus monsters but not zombies!

I remember a critic of the recent Twilight vampire series sputtering, "Real vampires do not sparkle!!" She refused to answer when I asked her to describe in detail the last "real vampire" she personally saw.

As zombies are fictional characters, they can be anything the author/director wants them to be. That being said, traditional zombies have always been "undead". Some external force (either voodoo, or radiation from space, or some form of pathogen) takes over the dead victims' brains and is able to produce gross motor movement by sending electrical impulses to the muscles. This is actually theoretically plausible (electrical shocks cause muscles to contract long after death), except that with no immune system the bodies would rot and lose the ability to move within a few days. The herds of walkers on TWD would have ceased to exist long ago.

The "rage virus monster" version of the fast zombie is also theoretically plausible through the effects of a mutated/genetically engineered rabies virus. Theoretically, the virus could alter human DNA, and as the "monsters" would still be very much alive, they could continue to eat and build muscle mass until they are significantly stronger and faster than the remaining humans (see I am Legend with Will Smith... it's pretty good). Whether you call the resulting creature a "zombie" or something else is entirely up to you. I doubt it will care what you call it while it's chewing on your leg.

[Side note: I had the unfortunate pleasure of being drug to ALL the Twilight movies by my wife. She says Jacob (the werewolf) reminds her of me when I was younger; I think she just wants to watch a movie with a muscle-bound shirtless guy, because I NEVER looked like that. Personally, I think the vampires on Twilight are the unholy offspring after a one-night-stand between Dracula and Tinkerbell. I refuse to watch the DVDs with her.]

The "rage virus monster" version of the fast zombie is also theoretically plausible through the effects of a mutated/genetically engineered rabies virus. Theoretically, the virus could alter human DNA, and as the "monsters" would still be very much alive, they could continue to eat and build muscle mass until they are significantly stronger and faster than the remaining humans (see I am Legend with Will Smith... it's pretty good). Whether you call the resulting creature a "zombie" or something else is entirely up to you. I doubt it will care what you call it while it's chewing on your leg.

Zompires. :stunned:

Im thinking something I can legally acquire before they get here. Registered drop in auto sears (RDIAS) are legal albeit expensive. An AA12 isnt available to ordinary civilians.

Talking about post shtf homes. I know that it's a post 86 machine gun. My question to you is, for a registered drop in auto sear, where in the world do you think you're going to find one that is compatible with a 12ga, the only one I know of is the Daewoo USAS-12. But if you do let your buddies here at TGO know. :up:

Thus why i said someone needs to go ahead and design a 12ga AR pattern shotgun. Or at least one that accepts a M16 auto sear and hi cap mags. There is one available now but it takes 5 round mags and i believe its on an AR10 platform and you have to irreversibly modify an RDIAS to work in an AR10 platform whic constitutes manufacturing a machine gun, therefore illegal.

Referencing the Akdal MKA 1919 shotgun. Edited by nightrunner

Considering the obesity rates here (myself included) in Tn I would expect at least 4 out of 10 to be farly slow.  .you know with more around Golden Corral. .and less around Whole Foods. . . :panic:

The Whole Foods ones will be worse...they'll be just as fat and will smug you to death.  Zombie, having cornered me: "I only drink cruelty-free free-range certified organic hormone and antibiotic-free milk from cows raised by farm workers who are paid a living wage".  Me: [shoot self].

Guest Bonedaddy

Thus why i said someone needs to go ahead and design a 12ga AR pattern shotgun. Or at least one that accepts a M16 auto sear and hi cap mags. There is one available now but it takes 5 round mags and i believe its on an AR10 platform and you have to irreversibly modify an RDIAS to work in an AR10 platform whic constitutes manufacturing a machine gun, therefore illegal.

Referencing the Akdal MKA 1919 shotgun.

Would not droppin' a RDIAS into a rifle also not consitute manufacture of a full auto?

Would not droppin' a RDIAS into a rifle also not consitute manufacture of a full auto?

No because the auto sear is registered to be swapped between different guns. However modifying it to the point that it wont function in the original platform is considered manufacturing. Technically the sear is a "firearm" as well as the host receiver you are installing it in.