East Tennessee

You ladies and gentleman who live in E. Tenn are very fortunate. Passing thru on my way to New Jersey and the scenery is beautiful.

Yes, it sucks to be going to Jersey.

I work with a team of folks from across the country and I'm often asked why I don't move away from the "podunk" town in East TN. They just don't get it. No place I'd rather be.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2
Guest Bonedaddy

^that. LOL! Lived in Chatty, once upon a time. Wished I were back over that way, somewhere, again. 'Specially, since they stock Chickamauga with FLA bass and growin' monsters over there, too. Much better scenery than W. TN.

I have been to New Jersey once in my life. And once was way to many times. I hear all the horror stories from friends who live there. And I asked them "Why not move?" Well the money people make up there is good and some people can't seem to move their family with them. Seems they have been "brainwashed" into thinking NJ and NY have more to offer than the south.

Let's see......Higher taxes, less freedoms, You can't pump your own gas in NJ ( state law). Firearms laws are PITA. Just getting approved to look at a gun before you buy is a PITA, then you have to apply for a permit to buy that gun. And eventually you have to have a permit to buy ammo for that gun and that gun only. ( which would be ok, might stop the crazy re-sellers). It's just not worth it.

Now i have friends in NJ, NY and CT and they can't wait to get out of there. Just them waiting on family and retirement.

Guest TankerHC

I used to live in Jersey. Toms River. There are some beautiful places up there and full of Colonial and Revolutionary War History. It's the Liberals who have ruined it. Same with New York. I hate NYC, but I have been upstate a lot. There is more forrest than about any other state in the US. Too bad you cant use most of it (Liberals). But again, NY State is full of History (And other things to do). And all of the people I have met up in Catskill were super nice and mostly conservative. I also stayed up in Coxsackie, that whole area is full of Revolutionary and Patriotic History, down to West Point. But the Liberal Agenda is the focus. Those people have forgotten where they came from.

Edited by TankerHC

Did you do something wrong?  Are you being punished?

Taking my young man on college visits. Visited Cornell last week. Doing Princeton and Johns Hopkins this week.

My son told me that he would probably live in this area after he finishes college and I told him that I would miss him. I have no use for a place where I can't do what I want when I want with my toys.
  • Like 2