YouTube account canceled

Youtube supports gays = U.S. Pest Control supports bugs.

Lets face it, it's a business.  They will support anything that will bring in additional hits. Youtube is global, so that means millions upon millions just gave them a thumbs up. Gay is the new black (as my wife says), it's almost trendy. If next week it becomes cool to marry your house plants, you better believe that other companies will come out "blossom" in support of it.

That being said, I understand if people want to stop using their service. I'll continue using it though, been on there for years without seeing anything gay. Well, cept Bear Force One  :rofl:

• Like 3

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is how I believe that goes.

Do you believe that calling others hypocrites and liars is consistent with that idea? And if you even did it, how about trying to create a YouTube channel under the name "daddyoisgay"? Does that fall into the category of practicing the Golden Rule?

I think that's the other Golden Rule, "If the shoe fits, wear it." 

Guest copperhead_1911

Well, I just opened a second account.  :yuck:

Good for you.

You notice they will never put a pic of the constitution or second amendment where the gay flag is right?

Maybe I would feel differently if it did not seem the majority of those (especially in politics) that support this deviant marriage are anti-gun.

They are the same ones who are for amnesty for illegal vermin, against any semblance of God in schools, want to eradicate every confederate symbol and so forth.

Guest copperhead_1911

I don't get some people. Okay, so personally and ideologically I don't agree with homosexuality but as far as equal rights go I support them wholeheartedly. I don't think that any company coming out as pro or anti gay is doing much for either side. As for not using services that promote the gay agenda, bet you are using one right now. Both MS and Apple have both been pro gay and made extremely large donation to such foundations...you going to stop using computers? What about Amazon? General Mills? Starbucks? Levis? JCPenny? Target? Google? Home Depot? Gonna quit watching the majority of TV because Viacom is a large contributor as well. Budweiser is also a proud supporter, not making me stop drinking my bud. How about you? One more that might surprise you, OREO! Yeah that's right, your favorite cookies. Burger King, Nike, American Airlines, Boeing, and the list goes on and on and on. So if you are choosing to only do business with companies that don't support gay rights or have no stance you might want to dig a little deeper, it may completely throw your life into a tailspin. Could you tell me again why my religion or own sexual preference should have anything to do with the way I want my country run? If it isn't to do with that then please feel free to tell me what the political/economical reasons are you don't support equal rights. Don't worry, I don't throw homophobe around. I too have been accused of this but the day an insult changes my personal feelings is the day hell freezes over. Yes I will tell a gay guy he is going to burn in hell for what he is doing but just as I have the right to tell him that he has the right to be treated fairly. Let's assume homosexuality is a "new" thing and pretend it hasn't been around and well documented for centuries. Is a new group of people not due or deserving of the same rights as everyone else?

Anyway, back on the OP's original topic: I am sure you are starting a movement and YouTube is going to be so hurt by all the people that are leaving because they put a heart on their page.

You have some points and I can respect them.

Here is the issue some just don't get. Those companies can be pro-gay and that is fine, but if a company was not anti-gay but pro traditional marriage all hell would break loose. This is the kind of liberalism ( not you but the double standard I am talking about) that is destroying our society like an invisible cancer. ON top of the double standards of race ( see paula deen and think of the last time Al Sharpton has been called on anything stupid he did)

Guest copperhead_1911

Yes. They're making a political statement. That's where the battle is. As you probably know, I have a lot of gay friends, some very close friends. I'm not for the government limiting their rights any more than anyone else's rights. It's just one more example of the ruling class controlling the people. 

I'm not gonna spend much time on this. They need to leave those people alone, just like they should leave us gun owners alone. That will happen eventually, especially with the recent SCOTUS decision.

Hey I would rather deal with gays than Obama. They just want to screw each other. Obama wants to screw America without even a kiss on the cheek and no lube.

Guest copperhead_1911

I'm generally in favor of more freedom.

Doma was clearly unconstitutional. Denying citizens the right to marry who they choose is no different than Jim Crow laws.

I 100% respect that opinion if you will say the same thing about someone wanting to marry more than one or two people. If the principle is happiness and you love who you love then why stop at gays marrying? Heck there are sickos out there would marry their momma. I think that is sick but using the gay marriage logic why cant they?

Easy, There are not enough people advocating for it that will vote democrat.

Guest copperhead_1911

Why would they do that? There are radicals in any group, but most just want equal rights. For example, the right to make medical decisions for a life-long partner. The law shouldn't care what the Southern Baptist, or any other church thinks. Forcing churches to do things against their beliefs is just more of the same crap. Only radicals and dumbass politicians are gonna be for that.

The same reason bakeries, photographers and bed and breakfasts are being sued for not wanting gay couples there. The reason is for them to make a statement. You would think someone gay would not want to support a business that did not support them.

Now I don't want to open a can of worms, but another example can be found in the civil rights movement. I am sure there are many members here or their parents and grandparents that can tell you once Johnson signed the civil rights act about the amount of blacks who would go into a restaurant they were not wanted it ( I don't agree with that, but I am only in my 30s) order a cup of coffee or soda and hang out just because they know it ticked off white people.

My late father gave me an example that was not from the deep south. It was just after the civil rights was signed. My father and pregnant ( with my brother) were in a restaurant that was empty except them. A black man decided to come in an site in the stool right next to my mother and say "hey baby". Well he was looking for trouble and found it. I think this will be the same until gays can force any clergy or church to marry them.

Guest copperhead_1911

some of you people make me shake my head.  I am ashamed to be associated with some people who support the BoR but only the parts they agree with.

Daddyo are you never ever ever going to look at a youtube vid ever again?  How about a couple of you others?  I will be the first to call you out as liars.  You will look and deny you looked.  Bunch of hypocrites

And FWIW youtube shorthened my new account to Dadd yo.

Jesus would be real freaking proud of you.

You do know this is Dixie right? I am sure there are plenty of conservative Christians in liberal cesspools like DE, MD, NJ, CA that would trade places. I respect your opinion, but you have to know you are in the minority.

Guest copperhead_1911

Youtube supports gays = U.S. Pest Control supports bugs.

Lets face it, it's a business.  They will support anything that will bring in additional hits. Youtube is global, so that means millions upon millions just gave them a thumbs up. Gay is the new black (as my wife says), it's almost trendy. If next week it becomes cool to marry your house plants, you better believe that other companies will come out "blossom" in support of it.

That being said, I understand if people want to stop using their service. I'll continue using it though, been on there for years without seeing anything gay. Well, cept Bear Force One  :rofl:

"Gay is the new black"

Does that mean overweight white women with low self esteem will be going out of their way to piss off daddy by dating gay men?

"Gay is the new black"

Does that mean overweight white women with low self esteem will be going out of their way to piss off daddy by dating gay men?

Hah, Well she meant black as in fashion. "Black goes with everything" and all that. But who knows, they didn't coin the phrase "fag hags" for nothing :)

You do know this is Dixie right? I am sure there are plenty of conservative Christians in liberal cesspools like DE, MD, NJ, CA that would trade places. I respect your opinion, but you have to know you are in the minority.

What does being in the south have to do with right and wrong?  I suppose LGBT people need to get the hell out of Dixie then.  Is that your point?  And what does Christianity have to do with this?

• Like 1

Anti gay rights = anti-freedom.

I have a few problems with that statement.

Freedom includes being free to oppose things that you are opposed to, especially if it is a moral or religious objection.

Tyranny is attempting to force people to compromise their beliefs/principles & attempting to punish them if they don't comply.

Well intentioned tyranny, is still tyranny.
  • Like 1
Guest copperhead_1911

What does being in the south have to do with right and wrong?  I suppose LGBT people need to get the hell out of Dixie then.  Is that your point?  And what does Christianity have to do with this?

I am sure you know there is a reason none of the former states of the confederacy have gay marriage.

Christianity has plenty to do with it. God is everywhere.

To each their own gays want to stay, they have that right. They want to leave dixie I would give them a road map to a liberal state.

I (and many others) would be much happier with all the liberals leaving. Gays cant procreate, but liberals can

Edited by copperhead_1911

I am sure you know there is a reason none of the former states of the confederacy have gay marriage.

Christianity has plenty to do with it. God is everywhere.

To each their own gays want to stay, they have that right. They want to leave dixie I would give them a road map to a liberal state.

I (and many others) would be much happier with all the liberals leaving. Gays cant procreate, but liberals can

There are plenty of states in the north that do not allow gay marriage.  Ready or not gay marriage will be allowed in all fifty states at some point.

Whose God is everywhere?  Religion has no place in whether or not gay people can marry.

• Like 1

Does someone who is gay not have the very same constitutional rights that I have? If not, which ones?

The logical argument is that a gay man does not have the same right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as you do, as the vast majority of gay folks can't get any of the perks you and yours can by virtue of a legally recognized marriage.

- OS

The logical argument is that a gay man does not have the same right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as you do, as the vast majority of gay folks can't get any of the perks you and yours can by virtue of a legally recognized marriage.

- OS

Well in that case the fact that I can't grow alfalfa grass to length in my front yard due to city zoning regs I am having my right to happiness infringed upon. Can I get a movement with my own flag now?

Honestly, I care less no matter which way this argument goes. I see silliness on both sides and I don't care enough to have an opinion, but the argument that this denies the "pursuit of happiness" is so incredibly subjective and opens the doors to 99.9% of the laws our gov has on the books. Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

Does someone who is gay not have the very same constitutional rights that I have? If not, which ones?

No, they don't.  They are not allowed to take part in the legal institution of marriage that provides a wide variety of legal privileges and benefits.  These are being denied to a specific segment of our population simply because their lifestyle doesn't fit the worldview of a political majority in this country.  As long as benefits are being made available to married couples, something that I think should end, then same-sex couples should be allowed to legally marry and live their lives together just as I am allowed to do as a heterosexual.  

And before anyone asks, I also think that polygamous folks should be able to marry as well as long as all involved are consenting adults and are aware of the multi-partner relationship.  It's none of my concern whether some guy wants to marry one woman, one man, or a group.

As far as the Christianity argument goes, it seems as if most Christians in this part of the country would be more than happy to establish a Christian state much like the Muslim nations in the Middle East.  Folks around these parts claim to support personal freedom, but do so only as long as everyone submits to the same interpretation of the Bible as they do.  The mention of homosexuality as an "abomination" is in the same part of the Bible that also says eating shellfish is an "abomination" and encourages stoning of women who don't submit to their husbands.  Homosexuality isn't mentioned anywhere in the New Testament, which is actually the true foundation of the Christian faith.  Why religious zealots in this country have decided to camp out on the issue of homosexuality is something I'll never understand.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
  • Like 6