Zimmerman Twitter Lynch Mob

I tend to notice little things.  Zimmerman is writing with his left hand (or doodling) but all testimony is that his gun was holstered on his right hip.  Ambi? 

I feel like I'm crapping in the twitter feed thread but this is where I came into this discussion, it feels like home now.  Mikegideon and RobertinNashville, feel free to discuss.  Go.

TDR sent me a link to NBC of all places and it's just live video.  No interruptions other than the recess they are currently in.  Just the way I like it, no input from a talking head, just what the jury is seeing.  Thanks TDR.

Oh and as to the Twitter crap, so glad I've never gotten a smart phone or dealt with that part of social media...

No problem. I prefer this coverage for the same reasons you do.

• Like 1

I tend to notice little things. Zimmerman is writing with his left hand (or doodling) but all testimony is that his gun was holstered on his right hip. Ambi?

This was covered somewhere, forget if it was just mentioned by Andrew or if was stated in the live trial (I think it was stated in trial by the defense). GZ does write with his left hand but carries and shoots with his right. My understanding is not fully ambidextrous but is 'carry over' in his abilities. Edited by jonathon1289
  • Like 1
Well all of the assorted gangs, black panthers & nation of islam, etc, etc, are already organized, have means of funding themselves through their illicite activities, and are of course already armed, sadly even some of them are former soldiers, some even have combat experiance.

If they decide to "go to war" the authorities would be hard-pressed to contain them even if the authorities wanted too, especially if they "go to war" during chaos that the unorganized mobs would be creating in the aftermath of a not guilty verdict.

If any significantly sized groups of "white people" attempted to organize, for any reason, in a militia-like fashion, they would be targeted by the authorities and the media, especially by this administration & justice department.

Every alphabet agency in the nation would come down on them HARD prehaps even go so far as to plant/manufacture evidence/charges to bring down the group.

God forbid there was another actual Civil War in this country, the authorities would undoubtedly be guaranteed to be on the "wrong side" of it, even if the aggressors were comitting atrocities & the defenders were just trying to protect their families.
  • Like 2

Well it is real easy to sit behind a computer, and type crap on "Twatter"  But these folks can talk the talk... But can they walk the walk?

-HPH

Not to discount some nut or nuts going after Zim personally at some point (maybe he'll be like Jeremiah Johnson and have to off them one at a time for years), but I don't think anything but perhaps some local limited "rioting" down there is gonna occur if (and surely seems that's when) he's exonerated. 

- OS

• Like 1

Not to discount some nut or nuts going after Zim personally at some point (maybe he'll be like Jeremiah Johnson and have to off them one at a time for years), but I don't think anything but perhaps some local limited "rioting" down there is gonna occur if (and surely seems that's when) he's exonerated.

- OS

Due to all of the national coverage & wide-spread racial outrage (which is mostly fabricated IMHO) it certainly has the potential to be nationwide event, depending on how severe and wide-spread the rioting looting & racially motivated attacks on innocent "white/hispanic" people will probably determine this nation's future, one way or another.

Let's hope & pray everyone behaves themselves and all of this "chatter" is nothing more than manufactured bluster and bullshit bravado.
Guest nra37922

I'm afraid that the jury is going to do the political thing and hang GZ 'out to dry' with a manslaughter conviction.  Not the right verdict but the safe verdict.

I'm afraid that the jury is going to do the political thing and hang GZ 'out to dry' with a manslaughter conviction.  Not the right verdict but the safe verdict.

I look for a hung jury with the state declining to re-try.  That way they can have it both ways.  To the race baters it's a "...we tried but the jury didnt go along...".  To the folks who are skeptical its a "...we were pushed into it by the race-baters.  We didnt want to try him.  Look at our witnesses. We chose not to re-try..."  That way these sons and daughters of satan can have it both ways.

leroy

• Like 1

I look for a hung jury with the state declining to re-try.  That way they can have it both ways.  To the race baters it's a "...we tried but the jury didnt go along...".  To the folks who are skeptical its a "...we were pushed into it by the race-baters.  We didnt want to try him.  Look at our witnesses. We chose not to re-try..."  That way these sons and daughters of satan can have it both ways.

leroy

that's certainly a possible outcome.

I'm trusting that the jury will really be as fair and impartial and thoughtful as possible; that may be too much to hope for but I'll hope for it anyway. That way, regardless of which way it goes I can at least tell myself that the man got a fair trial and justice was served.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

I've been back and forth on my thoughts of the likelihood of anything significant actually happening if Zimmerman is acquitted. There is definitely a part of me that thinks a lot of this is just talk. While there has been isolated riots in the past (Rodney King, Watts, etc.) there hasn't been anything really widespread. Then I realized that everything in the past was pre-Twitter. From the on Twitter organized flash-robs/mobs to the Arab Spring uprisings, Twitter has allowed for on the fly organizing and communication in a manner not seen before. It would be very easy for a few folks to hit the streets, send out a few tweets and then be joined by hundreds or thousands in very little time. I initially brushed the idea off, but now I think that it would be prudent to have a plan in place in case things really pop off here in Memphis.

• Like 5

I've been back and forth on my thoughts of the likelihood of anything significant actually happening if Zimmerman is acquitted. There is definitely a part of me that thinks a lot of this is just talk. While there has been isolated riots in the past (Rodney King, Watts, etc.) there hasn't been anything really widespread. Then I realized that everything in the past was pre-Twitter. From the on Twitter organized flash-robs/mobs to the Arab Spring uprisings, Twitter has allowed for on the fly organizing and communication in a manner not seen before. It would be very easy for a few folks to hit the streets, send out a few tweets and then be joined by hundreds or thousands in very little time. I initially brushed the idea off, but now I think that it would be prudent to have a plan in place in case things really pop off here in Memphis.

Or Jackson, as we have picked up some of the outflow from Memphis of late it seems...

that's certainly a possible outcome.

I'm trusting that the jury will really be as fair and impartial and thoughtful as possible; that may be too much to hope for but I'll hope for it anyway. That way, regardless of which way it goes I can at least tell myself that the man got a fair trial and justice was served.

Robert.  I, and lots of others like yourself, i believe; would like to have seen (...notice the passed tense...) this be done fairly and with impartiality.  I'm also hopin for that in the trial.  But, to my thinkin, the sad fact is that any pretense of fairness and impartiality was thrown out in this particular case when the political class opportunists took the investigation and reviews for criminal charges out of the hands of the local police department and prosecuting attorney; and started the "witch hunt" for George Zimmerman to placate the rabble who were "outraged" at the supposidely heinous murder of a child (...who wuz really an 18 year old, 185 lb. thug...).  

The real loosers in this whole debacle are the citizens of the state of florida.  They have seen that the political class on both sides of the spectrum are nothin but opportunists usin the power of the state to maliciously prosecute an individual to score political points; which, in itself, is clearly illegal.  They have murdered the rule of law in florida and sent a message to every potential dissident in the state that all you have to do to get a punitive prosecution on an individual basis is to raise a little hell and get on tv threatening to upset the political applecart and call in a few favors to the race-baiters ALA Sharpton and Jackson; not to mention threatening to vote the "wrong way" next election.  

Let's hope that this sort of "law" doesnt spread to other places, like tennessee, for instance.  On a personal basis, i dont think it will.  My guess is that this is a 50/50 state carpetbagger thing.  

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 3

Robert.  I, and lots of others like yourself, i believe; would like to have seen (...notice the passed tense...) this be done fairly and with impartiality.  I'm also hopin for that in the trial.  But, to my thinkin, the sad fact is that any pretense of fairness and impartiality was thrown out in this particular case when the political class opportunists took the investigation and reviews for criminal charges out of the hands of the local police department and prosecuting attorney; and started the "witch hunt" for George Zimmerman to placate the rabble who were "outraged" at the supposidely heinous murder of a child (...who wuz really an 18 year old, 185 lb. thug...).  

The real loosers in this whole debacle are the citizens of the state of florida.  They have seen that the political class on both sides of the spectrum are nothin but opportunists usin the power of the state to maliciously prosecute an individual to score political points; which, in itself, is clearly illegal.  They have murdered the rule of law in florida and sent a message to every potential dissident in the state that all you have to do to get a punitive prosecution on an individual basis is to raise a little hell and get on tv threatening to upset the political applecart and call in a few favors to the race-baiters ALA Sharpton and Jackson; not to mention threatening to vote the "wrong way" next election.  

Let's hope that this sort of "law" doesnt spread to other places, like tennessee, for instance.  On a personal basis, i dont think it will.  My guess is that this is a 50/50 state carpetbagger thing.  

leroy

Ain't nothin' better than a Leroy rant. :)  You nailed it!

• Like 2