Exposure Equals Big Trouble

Guest sermon8r

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. I've forgotten to put my cover shirt back on when running itno a store in the dead heat of summer. No one said a word, looked at me funny, passed out, ran screaming itno the night...nothing ill happened.

It is in my opinion that carrying openly puts you to the head of the line to get shot by the "bad guy" whose arrived at the same point of interest you have to perform an act of armed robbery.:D

Carrying concealed levels the playing field. You can blend in with the crowd and no of the bleeding hearts get their panties in a wad about the big bad man with the hog leg on his belt.;)

I have a cCP badge with my number on it. I wear it close to my holster. If exposed, there's little interest from surrounding people as it just looks like I'm some sort of official or something.(No, I don't go around impersonating and officer)

Another good reason to have one is if ever caught in a confrontation, police aren't as likely to shoot a badge when arriving on the scene.

There's my:2cents:...

It is in my opinion that carrying openly puts you to the head of the line to get shot by the "bad guy" whose arrived at the same point of interest you have to perform an act of armed robbery.:D

Carrying concealed levels the playing field. You can blend in with the crowd and no of the bleeding hearts get their panties in a wad about the big bad man with the hog leg on his belt.;)

I have a cCP badge with my number on it. I wear it close to my holster. If exposed, there's little interest from surrounding people as it just looks like I'm some sort of official or something.(No, I don't go around impersonating and officer)

Another good reason to have one is if ever caught in a confrontation, police aren't as likely to shoot a badge when arriving on the scene.

I agree with your rational on concealed carry...however im not down with the badge but to each their own. I really see no reason to open carry unless your at home for comfort reasons.

Guest 270win

I open carry when going to the range and while outdoors, like hunting or hiking (where you don't need a permit). I like to blend in public and see no reason for a cop to walk up to me and ask to see my handgun carry permit.

OK! We get it! You refuse to open carry because that will get you shot!

Others refuse to carry concealed because that deters the criminal away from you!

OK,great!No need for 68760 pages of arguing over it ;)

Yeah, but what do I do with my pistol?

I'm sure you'll have plenty of room left over :)

I open carry when going to the range and while outdoors, like hunting or hiking (where you don't need a permit). I like to blend in public and see no reason for a cop to walk up to me and ask to see my handgun carry permit.

Where can you go hiking where a permit is not required?

Guest bkelm18

So what you are saying, even though you said you don't, is that you are hoping someone sees the badge and assumes you are some sort of official, like a cop? I'm sorry, but those badges are one of the stupidest inventions to come to the conceal carry world in, well, ever, for the very reasons that you wear it. You want people to assume that you are something that you are not. There is no other reason than that to wear the badge. It is my belief that that mindset can get you into much more trouble than you think.

(Yes I want this to turn into a multi-page discussion on OC and those stupid badges :cool:)

So what you are saying, even though you said you don't, is that you are hoping someone sees the badge and assumes you are some sort of official, like a cop? I'm sorry, but those badges are one of the stupidest inventions to come to the conceal carry world in, well, ever, for the very reasons that you wear it. You want people to assume that you are something that you are not. There is no other reason than that to wear the badge. It is my belief that that mindset can get you into much more trouble than you think.

(Yes I want this to turn into a multi-page discussion on OC and those stupid badges :yuck:)

High five! :hat: Those badges are the most ridiculous thing ever. The answer never changes either. "I want someone to see it and think I'm OK to have a gun." OK I got one for ya...you took the class? Paid your money? Got fingerprints taken? The State sent you a nifty piece of plastic with your picture on it? HOLY RELOADED AMMUNITION BATMAN! YOU ARE OK TO HAVE A GUN!!

I'll be happy as hell if those badges were illegal. I'm not an elitist, but I don't think anyone should wear any type of badge or insignia unless it relates to their job. Either carry it open and explain yourself when asked about it or carry it concealed. (End rant)

no way, someone on here has admitted to owning and wearing a HCP bagde.

Oh man I am choking on a hamburger, whew, finally yacked it up.

Sorry Joe but it is tooooooooo funny.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Thomas Vick

IMO, open carry is just a bad idea. All those buisiness owners who are terrified of guns are just gonna stop allowing us to carry our weapon in their business if people start walking around with a gun tied to their hip.

Yea, it would be great if everyone felt the same as us permit holders but that is just not reality!

A lot of the population thinks that guns are bad and the places we are allowed to carry will dwindle fast if everyone starts walkin around like John Wayne!

Please, keep that thing hid!!!!

no way, someone on here has admitted to owning and wearing a HCP bagde.

Oh man I am choking on a hamburger, whew, finally yacked it up.

Sorry Joe but it is tooooooooo funny.

Ditto...sorry Joe...but it made me choke too...glad I am not alone....anyone know the heiney lick maneuver?