northeast ark fishing?

Guest jrbaker90

Guest jrbaker90
I am just wanting to know if anybody has fished in northeast ark mainly on spring river I was up there last weekend I didn't fish I wanted to but I didn't want to buy a licence for 3 days and not fish on.but one of them I have fish there before just not this year thanks
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fished pretty heavily but it's stocked so there should be plenty of fish. You may just have to deal with a lot of other anglers and floaters/canoers. Most folks go up there thinking it is a fly fishing dream and then find the fish are pretty lazy and prefer to wait for corn to float to them. ;) Corn and a hook will get one after the other in most cases. 

All in all I REALLY miss that area. It's beautiful country. :up:

Guest jrbaker90
I have a lot about 100 yards from the river I used to fish a lot but I never caught nothing big I did catch a nice smallmouth bass last year. where did you fish at and did you have a canoe thanks
Guest johnwhite

We were at Riverside resort this weekend, friday through tuesday. My sister from Jonesboro, AR, brothers from St. Louis and Kansas City alone with their families and mine. We had my brothers motorhome and rented 4 cabins. The wifes took the younger kids on a 5 mile float trip, some of the older kids got kayaks. The men and some of the older kids stayed in the water fishing most of the time trying different locations along the resort frontage and beyond. Corn, worms, shrimp and a brass copper colored Mepps lure got us a few bags of filets to bring home and a good size group meal saturday evening. The water fall down stream from the resort produced the most and biggest fish. We couldn't use the lure in that location. We had 11 that went 4 pounds each., A few 10" and a lot of 12" fish.

Guest jrbaker90
I am down steam of riverside we are just acouple miles up from hardy at riverbend most of the time I ain't up there enough to fish much but if there's a Holliday like labor day I am up there longer then normal. I heard from a guy in a local bait shop he says there good sized catfish in the river the state record of tiger muskie was caught there
Guest johnwhite

We caught a few tiger muskie, 4 to 8 inches long on worms. A good little ride from riverside to riverbend by road or water. The dusty gravel roads will tear up a head. The boys were talking about buying kayaks for a trip from the hatchery to Hardy. Start early, stay late is what I see.

Guest johnwhite

We were going to make reservations for the weekend of July 13, 14 but Riverside is booked. What are some campgrounds near you? Most I'm looking at want so much per person per campsite, water, electricity, campfire per day. Can't bring firewood, have to use theirs.