Does Anybody Here Speak Lamarese?

Given Sen. Lamar Alexanders YES vote to keep shoving this 1,200 page immigration crap sandwich down our throats, I wrote to the senator asking him to make up his mind if he thinks he's representing open-eyed, intelligent Tennesseans or airheaded fools.  Here's his response:

Thanks for getting in touch with me and letting me know what’s on your mind regarding immigration.

The federal government clearly has not done enough to enforce our immigration laws, and Americans have lost faith that this mess can be fixed.  The problems with both our legal immigration process and illegal entry into the United States can only be corrected by the president and congress, and I am happy to see some of my colleagues in the Senate step up to discuss ways we can get this under control.  Conservatives should lead the charge to create a legal system of immigration for our country. You cannot become French or Japanese, but to become a citizen of our country you must become an American, and it’s Congress’ job to set the rules for that.

I will carefully review any legislation to ensure that it is an appropriate solution to our problem.  In 2006 and 2007, I voted against the Senate immigration bills because they didn’t do enough to secure the border.  My priorities for immigration reform include securing the border, allowing the best and the brightest who can create jobs for Americans to legally come to the United States, and helping legal immigrants learn English and what it means to be an American.  I have also cosponsored legislation to declare English to be our national language, and I led the fight to protect employers from being sued for requiring their workers to speak English on the job.  There is no single solution to the range of immigration and illegal entry problems we must deal with but there is no doubt that we have to secure our borders, create a legal entry system that works, and enforce the laws we create.

I appreciate you taking the time to write me and let me know where you stand on this important issue.  I’ll be sure to keep your comments in mind as immigration is discussed and debated in Washington and in Tennessee. 

Sincerely,
Lamar

Maybe you got the same form letter.  So does this mean he's for this monstrosity or against it?

When you ask them a question, you are wasting time wrestling with an oinker.  All you end up is feeling muddied and frustrated.

Just *tell* them *your* opinion, and be thankful the email doesn't bounce.

Better yet, do it on facebook so his staffer has to review it for derogatory content (instead of just ignore it). 

That's all you'll ever get from politicians. I sent an email to Obama blistering him and his political beliefs. The "official" email I got in return was so cordial and thankful, you'd think I'd sent him a tractor trailer load of Twinkies.
  • Like 1
Guest Bassman17SC

That kind of response is the only one I've ever received from the Senator - except on one occasion in 2008.  He let slip in a letter to me that he actually believed in this global warming nonsense.  About a year later, I find out that his daughter is a tree-hugging greenie.  Well, that figures.  I fired back about AGW being bunk and I have received NO RESPONSE ever since then.

Edited by Bassman17SC

Give this a read & think...

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/351815/immigration-if-bill-passes-victor-davis-hanson

I like the author above and he makes a ton of good points on a regular basis.   This one seems spot on. 

For the TLDR crew ---

the bill has a few nods to conservatives that will be ignored in practice by failure to enforce them.  The liberal stuff will be enforced.  Same as everything else under this administration, pick & choose what to enforce after a "compromise".

"When the sentence for a crime is not quickly carried out, people's hearts are filled with schemes to do wrong," says the writer of Ecclesiastes.  Under this principle, if a government does what's right in it's own eyes instead of what the law demands, the course is set for a downward spiral into anarchy and chaos.  Politicians have perverted the truth for centuries, but in the last few decades we've witnessed the country radically transformed by ideological deception.  Now it's even affirmed in national polling that many  people have little to no trust in government.  This pending legislation is only throwing more wood on the fire of unruly cultural division.

• Like 2
Guest PapaB

That translates to "Blah Blah Blah Yackity Smackity".

It basically means he hasn't yet found what's in it for him. He'll support it if he gets something, otherwise he'll oppose it.

Guest nra37922

I was for it before I was against it but now I am open minded about being either for it or against it.  But, that said, let me be perfectly clear when I say from the bottom of my heart and on the graves of those fine men and women who have died for this country that when the time comes I will with great humility and hindsight be forthright and totally transparent with my vote based upon consultation with my fellow party members, pollsters and wind direction.

God Bless American.....

Edited by nra37922
Guest Lester Weevils

The senator's yes vote says everything I need to know. I don't give a crap what he says, it's what he does that matters. So, yeah, #### that guy.

And the horse he rode in on.

Is this guy really a U.S. Senator? It's no wonder that the rest of the nation and much of the world thinks the south is filled with ignorant hillbillies. Actually, you can become French or Japanese since those nations have a naturalization process just as any organized nation does. I think I know what he means, but it doesn't make what he wrote any less incorrect.

I'm done with these jackasses.
I think I'm gonna make a form letter for myself to send out daily that says:
"Dear <insert senator>, I appreciate you taking the time to have an automated email system. I can't wait for your prompt, exhilirating, response. i believe it should be obvious by now that myself and the rest of Tennessee's stance on the issue is completely opposite of how you will vote concerning whatever legislation is coming up... and F you.
God Bless America"
  • Like 3

Given Sen. Lamar Alexanders YES vote to keep shoving this 1,200 page immigration crap sandwich down our throats, I wrote to the senator asking him to make up his mind if he thinks he's representing open-eyed, intelligent Tennesseans or airheaded fools.  Here's his response:

Maybe you got the same form letter.  So does this mean he's for this monstrosity or against it?

Written by a staff member and never seen by the elected official.

Guest PapaB

Well, sure!  Try getting him on the phone.  But I'm sure he doesn't hire rogue staff members to write their own opinions.

True, but those responses don't actually contain opinions, just another steaming pile.

So does this mean he's for this monstrosity or against it?

in the senators words YES and NO or MAYBE. hope this clears the senators position in everyone's mind.

it clears my position - it's time for him to go