Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

don't what you too are arguing over, trial should wrapped up in a few days and in a few weeks, everyone will be like TM/GZ who?  So no need to get your panties in a bunch.. 

Well, I'm not going to forget this trial but that aside, I guess I'm still just a little taken back and it's difficult not to respond when someone throws out the same unsupported assertions, disproved theories and SWAGS that they did over a year ago when we now have trial evidence and testimony that shows just how ridiculous those theories and assertions are.

Is it important?  Maybe not...but then again, this subject of defending your life IS.

That said; I get your point...there is nothing to be gained by arguing it at this point. :surrender:

Edited by RobertNashville

So you french now? 

Look you can Morning Quarterback either one of their actions, GZ should have stayed in his truck, TM should've went home. Neither of that happened, but it doesn't matter at this point, the actions that led to TM death, have been outlined and seriously and heavily support self defense. Like they said in OJ's trial, if it don't fit, you must acquit.. Dude is walking, no ands, ifs, or buts about it.. They will riot and some will probably get all butt hurt or lose their lives, but at the end of the day, TM has to be held accountable for his actions that day as well as GZ, as it takes to two bodies for a fight and he picked the wrong person to fight.  

GZ will have to live with that for the rest of his life and he will be judged by that until he's gone. TM probably would have ended up in jail anyways or dead.. 

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

Feeling "creaped out" or "feeling threatened" - what's the difference. Feelings aren't sufficient to justify starting a violent confrontation no matter how "out of water" the person feels.

Act like an idiot, especially when you have a multitude of choices that doesnt require a physical confrontation, and you can expect bad things to happen to you.

Trayvon acted like an idiot and won the powerball prize.

There are many ways to start a violent confrontation in the real world, Robert. Verbal or non-verbal threats can easy start a violent confrontation in the real world. Dissing a person who is not disposed to be dissed, starts lots of violent confrontations in the real world.

Now some tush hog residents of the real world, if they want to pick a fight, they will push the typical buttons until the fight ensues and they get what they wanted from the get-go.

But it seems scarey that some folks who are not tush hogs, apparently well-meaning folks-- Are so ignorant that they don't know that certain buttons should not be pushed unless you WANT a violent confrontation. Then they think it is the other guy's fault when the ignorant button-pushing finally gets the entirely predictable response?

There are many ways to start a violent confrontation in the real world, Robert. Verbal or non-verbal threats can easy start a violent confrontation in the real world. Dissing a person who is not disposed to be dissed, starts lots of violent confrontations in the real world.

Now some tush hog residents of the real world, if they want to pick a fight, they will push the typical buttons until the fight ensues and they get what they wanted from the get-go.

But it seems scarey that some folks who are not tush hogs, apparently well-meaning folks-- Are so ignorant that they don't know that certain buttons should not be pushed unless you WANT a violent confrontation. Then they think it is the other guy's fault when the ignorant button-pushing finally gets the entirely predictable response?

I don't really care how many ways there are.

Is there any reason to believe that Zimmerman presented a legitimate threat of death or serious bodily injury to Martin?  I say no.

I say no because nothing in evidence/testimony shows that Zimmerman did anything even close to that t and if he then Martin had no justification for starting to beat up Zimmerman; I really don't give a damn how many of Martin's "buttons" were pushed..."pushing buttons" is not in any statute I've ever read on legitimate use of self defense or as justification for assault.

As a practical matter, while we can make assumptions, no one can know what "buttons" are buttons for any single individual - if one of Martin's buttons got pushed and that caused him to start beating up on Zimmerman enough to put Zimmerman in fear for his life then that's really Martin's problem and he got what he deserved.

When you act inappropriately or stupidly you can expect the consequences and sometimes those consequences are severe and final.

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest Bonedaddy

If you're goin' 'round lookin' in windows, sooner or later, you're gonna see somethin' that can't be unseen and it might not be inside. Considerin' TM's actions, GZ had a right to keep tabs on'm, bein' a watchdog and all.

Sport fighting is no longer an acceptable way to behave in today's society. Somebody will shoot you. Out of all the testimony I've seen, pushing someone to the point of having to defend themselves is not part of Z's personality. He's a soft spoken dough boy. Martin underestimated him, but only in terms of Z being armed. He figured he could whip his ass, and pretty much got it done. 

• Like 2
Guest Bonedaddy

^troof. A good fight used to make a better person out of ya as long as you weren't a bully or a vindictive idiot. Bullys usually wised up after a butt whippin' or two and no longer became a problem but those days are long gone.

Guest Lester Weevils

Is there any reason to believe that Zimmerman presented a legitimate threat of death or serious bodily injury to Martin?  I say no.

I say no because nothing in evidence/testimony shows that Zimmerman did anything even close to that t and if he then Martin had no justification for starting to beat up Zimmerman; I really don't give a damn how many of Martin's "buttons" were pushed..."pushing buttons" is not in any statute I've ever read on legitimate use of self defense or as justification for assault.

As a practical matter, while we can make assumptions, no one can know what "buttons" are buttons for any single individual - if one of Martin's buttons got pushed and that caused him to start beating up on Zimmerman enough to put Zimmerman in fear for his life then that's really Martin's problem and he got what he deserved.

When you act inappropriately or stupidly you can expect the consequences and sometimes those consequences are severe and final.

I don't have much opinion whether Z-man is guilty of violations of criminal law, and what little I know of the court proceedings seem to indicate a not-guilty verdict or hung jury, unless the jurors are very strange people incapable of considering evidence.

I am merely continuing to beat the dead horse entitled, "shoulda stayed in the truck". You are correct that inappropriate or stupid actions have bad real-world consequences, and it is merely my opinion that at least two people acted stupidly that night, and two people suffered real-world consequences thereof. Ain't sayin I'd have acted any smarter, but hindsight is 20/20 after all.

Getting into "what if" land-- If the shooting had not occurred and Sanford's finest arrived, pulled TM off Z-man and toted them both to jail-- I'm guessing that TM's story of defending himself against a creepy ass cracker would have flown in the court about as well as Z-man's tale, and they would have either both walked, or they would have both got minor sentences for the dust-up. Maybe a follow-on lawsuit against the apt complex for racial intimidation and profiling, because of the Z-man's actions scaring the crap out of a young black resident.

But am not contending that the shooting was unjustified given the circumstances. That old saw about rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Edited by Lester Weevils

I don't think anyone posting here is wrong. We all have our opinions. There has been some pretty good evidence thrown out there by the defense. I'm seeing that the prostitutions case is BS in it's simplist form. I'll wait on the verdict!

Dave

I don't have much opinion whether Z-man is guilty of violations of criminal law, and what little I know of the court proceedings seem to indicate a not-guilty verdict or hung jury, unless the jurors are very strange people incapable of considering evidence.

We know these people exist in the real world :) The odds of getting six of them in the same room are pretty slim.

• Like 1

^troof. A good fight used to make a better person out of ya as long as you weren't a bully or a vindictive idiot. Bullys usually wised up after a butt whippin' or two and no longer became a problem but those days are long gone.

For better or worse, that's not the society we live in today and it's a mindset that is just plain dangerous.

If somebody, especially someone I don't know...maybe even already believe is acting suspiciously want's to "give me a but-wippin" am I supposed to assume that's as far as it's supposed to go?  I'm not going to do that and I doubt anyone else here is either.

Guest Lester Weevils

We know these people exist in the real world :) The odds of getting six of them in the same room are pretty slim.

We can hope!

Is there any reason to believe that Zimmerman presented a legitimate threat of death or serious bodily injury to Martin? 

Somehow, I seem to remember that Zman shot and killed TM. We don't know if Zman "flashed" his gun at anytime during this altercation. He may or may not have. I'm so glad he ain't taking the stand. That way we'll never know the real truth, and I don't have to listen to the doughboy wimp whine. No matter how this skuffle came about, if TM would have shot Zman, ya'll would be forming a lynch mob! The kid with the hoodie would be guilty then too!! Just my two cents!

Dave

Edited by DaveS

i truly believe that juror's set aside their personal feeling and actually rise to the occasion of determining guilt or innocence through the trial and following the law.  they want to get it right.

OJ got off because of a pair of gloves.

• Like 1

why didn't Martin call his Dad instead of the girlfriend?  Seems I'd call my Dad if I was going to call anyone other than police.   Surely the Dad would have come out to see or at least told him to run right home.

Logic tell me Martin was not going to be disrespected by some cracker, that would hurt his street cred for sure.  He picked a fight and lost.

Could Zimmerman have stayed in his truck?  Sure he could have, but I do not see where he broke any laws in his actions.

• Like 5

Somehow, I seem to remember that Zman shot and killed TM. We don't know if Zman "flashed" his gun at anytime during this altercation. He may or may not have. I'm so glad he ain't taking the stand. That way we'll never know the real truth, and I don't have to listen to the doughboy wimp whine. No matter how this skuffle came about, if TM would have shot Zman, ya'll would be forming a lynch mob! The kid with the hoodie would be guilty then too!! Just my two cents!

Dave

Yuup...he sure did shoot and kill Trayvon Martin and all the evidence I've seen/testimony I've heard (which is a majority of it) tells me it was a good shoot.

Even the prosecution's own witnesses have either done nothing to discredit Zimmerman's story or has supported Zimmerman's recounting of events.

Which is why I can't help but wonder why you keep throwing in "could haves" and "I remembers" and a bunch of completely unsupported assertions.  :shrug: 

My only regret here is that Zimmerman was forced to go through the expense and emotion of a trial just to satisfy some race-baiters...it's a shame Zimmerman can't at least be compensated/reimbursed by Martin's family and/or the state of FL for forcing to trial what the original DA knew shouldn't have been...better yet, take the money out of Sharpton's and Jackson's pockets.

• Like 1
Guest Bonedaddy

For better or worse, that's not the society we live in today and it's a mindset that is just plain dangerous.

If somebody, especially someone I don't know...maybe even already believe is acting suspiciously want's to "give me a but-wippin" am I supposed to assume that's as far as it's supposed to go?  I'm not going to do that and I doubt anyone else here is either.

That be troof, too. It just don't work today. Seems by the time I hit 20 years old, people started holdin' grudges a lot longer and got more dangerous with their actions. Why? IDK but that's the way it became. It also seemed to be less worrisome to be in a bar fight than out in "normal" society. A lot of people these days rarely see them selves as wrong and won't leave it at that. Glad I got older and wiser and can walk away from all that much easier than I used to could, just wish all my other youthful skills hadn't a gone away, too.

Yuup...he sure did shoot and kill Trayvon Martin and all the evidence I've seen/testimony I've heard (which is a majority of it) tells me it was a good shoot.

Even the prosecution's own witnesses have either done nothing to discredit Zimmerman's story or has supported Zimmerman's recounting of events.

Which is why I can't help but wonder why you keep throwing in "could haves" and "I remembers" and a bunch of completely unsupported assertions.  :shrug:

My only regret here is that Zimmerman was forced to go through the expense and emotion of a trial just to satisfy some race-baiters...it's a shame Zimmerman can't at least be compensated/reimbursed by Martin's family and/or the state of FL for forcing to trial what the original DA knew shouldn't have been...better yet, take the money out of Sharpton's and Jackson's pockets.

:shrug:

That immunity from wrongful prosecution sucks. As usual, they don't live by the same laws as we do.

Considering the tremendous power of the state to bring charges against someone if they really want to and their virtually unlimited resources of time and money, it's a wonder that anyone at all is ever acquitted of a charge...it's a sobering thought that our lives can be effectively ruined just because we exercise a basic human right, the right to protect our own lives.

Like everything else the government has control of, the justice system is completely out of control and has lost its way.

• Like 4

Defense once again has asked GZ to be acquitted. And Prosecution agrees that defense submitted sufficient, but leaves an open for  continuing the trial.  I'm sure she will save no, again.. 

Guest nra37922

Defense once again has asked GZ to be acquitted. And Prosecution agrees that defense submitted sufficient, but leaves an open for  continuing the trial.  I'm sure she will save no, again.. 

Political show trial at its finest.  Judge doesn't want any carnage on her record so I doubt if she'll do the right thing.  Called passing the buck and ducking under the desk.