Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

Guest Bonedaddy

May be but there's still 6 "women :surrender: " with them judgemental eyes watchin' his every move, skeered of what "might" happen.

May be but there's still 6 "women :surrender: " with them judgemental eyes watchin' his every move, skeered of what "might" happen.

Yep...and their all thinking about the resulting storm endured by the Casey Anthony jurors after finding her not guilty...hard to say what's gonna be the result
Guest Bonedaddy

'Bout would rather take my chances in a kiddy pool full of pirhanas with neckbones strapped to my ass than face that so called "jury of his peers". :ugh:

Edited by Bonedaddy

I personally would rather deal with someone who has been smoking pot instead of drinking booze!

Dave

From the look of GZ's injuries, I think I would prefer to mess with neither. 

Guest Lester Weevils

I personally would rather deal with someone who has been smoking pot instead of drinking booze!

Dave

I would just as soon deal with neither. About the only person I'm "truly comfortable" around after a couple of drinks, is me at home all by myself. :) Other intoxicated folks can get on my nerves, but I don't usually get on my own nerves. I avoid getting in other folks face after a drink on the theory that I'm most likely equally obnoxious to other folks in that state.

There are happy drunks, funny drunks, and sad drunks. Extroverted drunks and introverted drunks. Dumb-as-a-brick drunks and brilliant creative drunks (consider Shakespeare, Hemingway, or Charlie Parker). Then there are the mean drunks, who are no fun at all.

I think there is the same span of pot personalities, though the effects are distinctly different. I personally wouldn't feel better dealing with a baked banger, biker or redneck from hell-- Compared to a drunk banger or biker. Booze makes some bikers fairly mellow fellows, and I've seen some bikers with at least as nasty an attitude baked as straight.

On average there are most likely not as many mean potheads as mean drunks, but if a fella is a cast-iron SOB straight, then I'd neither bet on pot or alcohol improving a faulty personality and making him easier to get along with. Have met a couple of rock stars that were pure unadulterated arrogant a-holes regardless whether sober, high on pot, alcohol, coke, or what have you.

Decades ago when I worked in substance abuse counseling, it was said that in nations where pot and hash are more prevalent, colombia and such, that there were "fairly rare" but routine instances of people going off the deep end, berserker killing sprees on THC. Perhaps more attributable to a massive dose such as eating a few grams of hash, rather than smoking a couple of joints.

So it doesn't sound like TM would have smoked enough to "go ape" from an overdose, at least if he was a "normal specimen". Just sayin, some folks do get mean and crazy on pot.

Edited by Lester Weevils

I've never met anyone who became violent from smoking weed but it's certainly an important detail and I'm glad the judge allowed it.

A percentage of weed smokers get PARANOID, which would be a problem. . . .

Wonder what today is going to bring.. The mere fact that he lied about telling LEOs that wasn't his son, even after the two LEO testified, it's pretty damn amazing.. Not to mention all the objections yesterday by prosecution and the big one of them all the Vietnam Veteran's testimony on how someone can tell from hearing cries, after being around them for a while, who they are. The state wanted his testimony removed because they claimed Defense put a rabbit out the hat and didn't tell them.. Today should be interesting.. 

This is gettin to much attention.

Its clear black people want him convicted rather it was self defense or not.

And white people really dont give a crap if he is convicted or not. They pick a side for the fun of it.

Either way the need to speed up the trial so people can move on to the next racial debate.

I've never met anyone who became violent from smoking weed but it's certainly an important detail and I'm glad the judge allowed it.

I have...I've also met very mild/friendly drunks and some very mean, violent ones.  Generalizations are fine when talking about groups but when you introduce a chemical, any chemical, into a single person's body there is no way to know how it will affect him.

• Like 1

This is gettin to much attention.

Its clear black people want him convicted rather it was self defense or not.

And white people really dont give a crap if he is convicted or not. They pick a side for the fun of it.

Either way the need to speed up the trial so people can move on to the next racial debate.

Well, self-appointed "leaders of the black community" have spent the last 40+ years telling blacks that it's all about race...that EVERYTHING is about race and that all black people are victims.

Given that, of course black people are going to want the "white-Hispanic" convicted...evidence doesn't matter when it's all about race.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 3

This is going to sound like it's a racist statement, just want to forewarn you all that it's not, so now, not only will White people be considered racist, now us Latinos will be too.. Great!!   :rock:  As long as I'm not called Mexican or ask if I speak Mexican, I'm good.. Nice to know that someone hates me, other than my ex. 

• Like 2

Okay, Is it me or what, but defense is calling different types of witnesses that are rock solid on experience, background, and knowledge. Compared to the Prosecution witnesses, i.e. the ME, that doesn't have a clue..

• Like 1

Okay, Is it me or what, but defense is calling different types of witnesses that are rock solid on experience, background, and knowledge. Compared to the Prosecution witnesses, i.e. the ME, that doesn't have a clue..

The prosecution never really had a case...the original DA knew it and that's why Zimmerman wasn't charged in the first place. Now, DAs are political animals and that cannot help but influence their decisions on occasion but most DAs don't like to lose cases and won't usually file charges unless they see a real case there.  How much of the original DA's decision was based on evidence or on politics we can't know but following the DA shopping and eventual enlightenment some of the best political minds in the country tore the indictment to shreds.

All that to say; if you don't have a real case you probably aren't going to find really good "experts" because in situations like that what you generally wind up with are expert witness prostitutes who will say whatever they are paid to say...I think that's what we saw in the prosecution's case.  The combined that with a bunch of "witnesses" who all had an ax to grind like TM's mother and that idiot girlfriend, etc.  The only witnesses that did a good job on the stand were the police, etc.and they did more to bolster Zimmerman than they did Martin.

When the law is on your side, pound on the law.

When the facts are on your side, pound on the facts

When neither is on your side, pound on emotion or whatever will make the defense look bad.

I think we can see clearly what this prosecution did.

• Like 3

if you are missing the pathologists testimony you really are missing a gem.  This guy is a rock star and his knowledge can't even be contested really.

If he is to be believed through his knowledge of gunshot wounds, struggles, what happens when someone is shot then you must acknowledge that the prosecution has no case.  Zero. Zilch.  Nada.  Zimmerman clearly killed Martin in self defense.

Wow!

• Like 1

4 days after this trial nobody will care about either one of these guys but their families.

I'll care and anybody who carries a weapon in public should care as well.

This is one of many cases that shows what can happen when even a totally justified self defensive use of deadly force/your firearm can still carry heavy, heavy consequences.  We can all see what Zimmerman did right and wrong (and no, I'm not talking about the ridiculous "should have stayed in his truck" mantra) and learn from it.

ANY ONE OF US can have this happen to them...we can do everything 100% right and still be charged and have to go through a trial whether it's because of race baiters or an overzealous or gun-hating DA or any of dozens other circumstances that, if they coalesce in the right way can make our lives a living hell.

We need to be prepared for that, mentally and financially or we really need to examine whether we should carry at all.

• Like 2
Guest nra37922

4 days after this trial nobody will care about either one of these guys but their families.

True.  Can only hope the media doesn't continue to beat this dead horse.

I'll care and anybody who carries a weapon in public should care as well.

This is one of many cases that shows what can happen when even a totally justified self defensive use of deadly force/your firearm can still carry heavy, heavy consequences.  We can all see what Zimmerman did right and wrong (and no, I'm not talking about the ridiculous "should have stayed in his truck" mantra) and learn from it.

ANY ONE OF US can have this happen to them...we can do everything 100% right and still be charged and have to go through a trial whether it's because of race baiters or an overzealous or gun-hating DA or any of dozens other circumstances that, if they coalesce in the right way can make our lives a living hell.

We need to be prepared for that, mentally and financially or we really need to examine whether we should carry at all.

Very well said Robert!

Dave

• Like 1

True.  Can only hope the media doesn't continue to beat this dead horse.

I'm not too worried about that. Look at the amount of attention this case is getting now that its gone to trial and them compare with the OJ case or the Casey Anthony trial. We're still getting reports on it but nowhere near what any of the "sensational" trials command. In fact the only reports I'm hearing anymore are coming from here or the msm IF I go looking for them.

This is the same reason I'm not worried about riots, I'd be willing to bet a bag of wooden nickels that the vast majority of folks inclined to riot are not even paying attention anymore. Maybe they'll get off their butts hours or even days after a not guilty verdict comes in, once someone (Sharpton etc.)tells them how angry they should be and reminds them.

Maybe I live under a rock but I've not made much conscience effort to follow the trial cept on here and I gotta say if you don't make the effort you just don't hear about it. Maybe if GZ or TM was an NFL linebacker former or current it would be different, in fact I'm sure it would, but for now its going to take some effort to sensationalize the matter so enough people care one way or the next.

Either Shapton, Jessie, or someone else calls the verdict stupid or asks the doj to investigate

As I understand it, the FEDS have already looked pretty extensively into this and found nothing to sustain charges.

As I also understand it; Zimmerman has a life record of going out of his way to help African-Amricans even at personal cost to himself - that's one of the reasons that the prosecution looks so incredibly foolish trying to make him into a racist who went after Martin to settle with a "depraved mind" (which is necessary to sustain a charge of Murder 2).

I honestly believe deep down in my heart, that 75 % of the people that will/can raise pure hell over the outcome of this trial could care less one bit about justice. All they are looking for is an excuse to show their azzes and tear something up to feel they have a purpose in life, and be seen on the 5 o'clock news! 

Dave

• Like 3
Guest nra37922

I honestly believe deep down in my heart, that 75 % of the people that will/can raise pure hell over the outcome of this trial could care less one bit about justice. All they are looking for is an excuse to show their azzes and tear something up to feel they have a purpose in life, and be seen on the 5 o'clock news! 

Dave

Is guess you are referring to the 75% of the 110% of that particular racial group who voted for Ozero?  Hope nothing bad happens but I have lived long enough to see folks loot at the drop of a hat.  'Cause nothing says justice like stealing a flat screen and a six pack....