Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

The Judge will allow for a lesser charge of manslaughter, even though the prosecution has not been able to prove either 2nd murder or manslaughter.. Now they are looking at Child Abuse to file for 3rd degree murder,  They are reaching, really bad now.. 

Edited by Joseg
  • Like 1

The Judge will allow for a lesser charge of manslaughter, even though the prosecution has not been able to prove either 2nd murder or manslaughter.. They are reaching, really bad now.. 

Actually; I believe that's exactly what they are arguing about right now...as best I can tell that decision hasn't been made yet.

He was trying to his job as Chief of Police. While attempting to conduct and investigation, the mayor and city manager went against protocol and released the 911 call before the investigation was complete. They also went against protocol by allowing the Martin family (at the time, potential witnesses) to listen to the 911 calls at the same time.

I commend the chief for sticking to his convictions. Rather than taking part in something that he knew was wrong, he was willing to risk his job and livelihood. Most people would turn their head and keep their mouth shut.

Yuup; it was clear from testimony that what they did with the family and the 911 call was out of bounds; just another example of how the State/city was willing to ignore the rules to placate the race-baiters.

Actually; I believe that's exactly what they are arguing about right now...as best I can tell that decision hasn't been made yet.

She agreed, the prosecution is just fishing for other items to stick him with, so they are looking at 3 options, 3rd degree, 2nd degree, and manslaughter, so they are trying to get him regardless if they were able to provide enough evidence to prove it.

• Like 1
Child abuse? Are you fkn kidding me? 3rd degree murder based on child abuse is absolutely ridiculous.
This whole trial is BS and this proposed charge takes the cake.

Regardless, if you are ever in a self defense position make sure you stop and ask the assaulter their age....
  • Like 2

Trying to imagine "fish out of water" experiences in my own context, perhaps analogous to TM's-- Not the same things, and maybe places/names that make no sense, and maybe the places are more "civilized" now than last times I was there--

Ferinstance if I was out after dark in certain remote roads in Birchwood, Soddy Mountain, Suck Creek Mountain or the back side of Signal Mountain, and somebody started following me, then I would expect something a little more ominous than a friendly local neighborhood watch feller. Call me crazy or paranoid, but sometimes people don't come back from some parts of the county.

If I happened to be out walking after dark a few blocks away from my house in little boring podunk Red Bank and some dude starts following me, I wouldn't exactly feel warm and fuzzy enough to strike up a conversation with the fella. There are creeps everywhere and I can walk on a public street wherever I like, just like any tax payer.

TM was a "fish out of water" at the apartment complex, and I wouldn't blame him for getting creeped out in a similar fashion, regardless whether that sounds silly paranoid unreasonable to Robert.

This post makes me wish there were a 'really, really, super-especially like this post' button.

• Like 2
Guest nra37922

Anything to screw GZ and keep riots from happening.  I pray that the jury can see through this and do the right thing and vote not guilty on anything and everything....

Next up is felony jaywalking

Edited by nra37922

Yuup...this judge is not going to include in her instructions to the jury that following someone is not illegal...she, apparently is even going to allow the prosecution say that Zimmerman following Martin is "illegal" even thought it clearly is not!

Apparently she likes to be reversed on appeal.

Edited by RobertNashville

Yuup...this judge is apparently going to let the prosecution say that Zimmerman following Martin is "illegal" even thought is clearly is not.

Apparently she likes to be reversed on appeal.

for real ... she seems a little testy this morning ...
this tweet came across from Andrew Branca from the Legal Insurrection page.  Made me laugh, but sadly seems like it could be true: "Rumored: Nelson to consolidate jury instructions to read simply: "You must find the defendant, George Zimmerman, guilty."

The Judge will allow for a lesser charge of manslaughter, even though the prosecution has not been able to prove either 2nd murder or manslaughter.. Now they are looking at Child Abuse to file for 3rd degree murder,  They are reaching, really bad now.. 

CHild ABUSE. I must have missed something. I was unaware that Zimmerman had sodomized Martin.

Yuup...this judge is not going to include in her instructions to the jury that following someone is not illegal...she, apparently is even going to allow the prosecution say that Zimmerman following Martin is "illegal"...

Really?  Heck, even I never said it was illegal.  Not a very well-considered decision - and a decision without which I believe the whole fiasco could have been avoided - but not 'illegal'.

Edited by JAB

She changed it from "aggravated manslaughter" to 3rd degree felony murder. Just wow.....

You know I'm not sure where you stand anymore, because this trial just went from stupid to above and beyond BS. It's so biased that it's going to sent a terrible precedence that the state is going to have to deal with for a while. 

• Like 1
Guest nra37922

I say we string GZ up and parade his dead, rotting naked body through the streets of all our welfare cities as a sign of appeasement.  Maybe even bring along a truckload of TV's as door prizes.

You know I'm not sure where you stand anymore, because this trial just went from stupid to above and beyond BS. It's so biased that it's going to sent a terrible precedence that the state is going to have to deal with for a while. 

I'm a TM supporter, but this whole case is the biggest fiasco I've seen in forever! I've seen all the evidence, heard all the testimony, and even though I have my own opinion of Zman, this whole thing is a joke!

• Like 1