Rant...GotYour6

These GotYour6 commercials...they enrage me everytime one comes on.

Like these lefty, Hollywood types have ANY idea what it really means to "have someone's six" in combat (military, LE, or personal defense...it's all physical war on some level).

Just because you can throw money at some program doesn't mean you have a f*cking clue what "having someone's back during SHTF" really means.

I don't know, I'm sure their cash does some good...but, GotYour6?  It pisses me off because it drips with arrogance and presumption.

They can shove that "6" pin up their ass.

Rant off...I think I just channeled Col Nathan Jessup.

Edited by TN-popo
  • Like 5

These GotYour6 commercials...they enrage me everytime one comes on.

Like these lefty, Hollywood types have ANY idea what it really means to "have someone's six" in combat (military, LE, or personal defense...it's all physical war on some level).
Just because you can throw money at some program doesn't mean you have a f*cking clue what "having someone's back during SHTF" really means.

I don't know, I'm sure their cash does some good...but, GotYour6? It pisses me off because it drips with arrogance and presumption.

Rant off.

I got your 6 on this one.
But seriously, someone always has to jump cool phrases and bring them to the point no one will use it again. Just like when I used to say wassup. Then Budweiser ruined it for me. Havent said it since.

sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

• Like 1
Funny how the Hollywood types support anti second amendment movements and such but they sure THINK the gun culture is cool. They use the nomenclature and it permeates every movie and video game out there. Filthy hypocrites. I hope they all get a good case of the clap.
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

I'm going to have to avoid buying a nice television if Hollywood is going to keep cranking out bullshit like this.  Sooner or later I'm going to throw something at mine.

That whole commercial is full of arrogant, elitist assholes who were mocked mercilessly in Team America.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZbJkZjobFo[/media]

• Like 1

Funny how the Hollywood types support anti second amendment movements and such but they sure THINK the gun culture is cool. They use the nomenclature and it permeates every movie and video game out there. Filthy hypocrites. I hope they all get a good case of the clap.

Is it any more strange that having Hollywood stars like Stallone or Schwarzenegger and others like them who have made millions of $$$ of "action movies" that include them playing bad asses with guns come out against civilian gun ownership?

These hangers-on use military/firearm culture catch phrases because right now, it's "cool"...it's "appropriate" to give lip service to our military, etc...that will pass eventually (just like it was in bad taste to support the military during Vite Nam) and they'll move on to the latest cool phrase of the day.

• Like 1

I got your 6 on this one.
But seriously, someone always has to jump cool phrases and bring them to the point no one will use it again. Just like when I used to say wassup. Then Budweiser ruined it for me. Havent said it since.

sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

I used to like frogs.  Now despise.

So if we throw a party with beer and fried frog legs you wouldn't show up? Hmph.

If it's Bud, It ain't beer.  So no problem there.

As for destruction and/or anhilation of frogs, I'm in, regardless of method.

So what's that about? I can't have any sound on right now. New movie?

Yet another benefit program for those who served. I am all for it but for most of these it is all about making money and not actually helping.

For those of you who have and do support the WWP go look at their financials. It is 100% about making people rich and not that much about those who were wounded anymore. I would like to hear of anyone who has been helped by them. I know I have contacted them on several occassions for different reasons and never once got a response.

I suspect this will be used as a political tool or as a means for someone to feel good about themselves while they line their pocket.

Follow the money, it will always lead you to the truth.

• Like 2

Yet another benefit program for those who served. I am all for it but for most of these it is all about making money and not actually helping.

For those of you who have and do support the WWP go look at their financials. It is 100% about making people rich and not that much about those who were wounded anymore. I would like to hear of anyone who has been helped by them. I know I have contacted them on several occassions for different reasons and never once got a response.

I suspect this will be used as a political tool or as a means for someone to feel good about themselves while they line their pocket.

Follow the money, it will always lead you to the truth.

Yeah, I used to be a big supporter of WWP back in the day.

Not claiming to be 100% informed, but I saw enough to make me step away from them, financially, a while back.