Flatwoods Forge debt collection division

Spots

Went up to my old mans today for fathers day. We spent some time in the wood shop instead of the forge. Turned out a nice lil club/ zombie thumper. This is a prototype, the next one will be dryed oak or hickory with a blade out the side.

Chucking in the lathe

Posted Image

Turning down in steps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finished product. 30" long. 3.5" diameter at the head, 1.25" at the handle

Posted Image

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

• Like 2
Thanks for the compliments guys.

You have a forge AND a woodshop with a lathe, Spots? Daaang, I envy you! That's a nice brute-basher.

Yeah we have a full blacksmith shop and a full wood working shop with lathe, band saw, scroll saw, routers, planer, radial arm saw, cut off saw and lots of hand tools. We are very do it yourself. Blacksmithing, wood working, farming, house and cabin building, you name it lol.

Be careful turning treated wood without a mask, can be very bad. The stuff they use to treat can also be very bad for humans. As a person who used to turn a lot of bowls I will say the dust from any wood can cause problems. Most times it is just a cough or really dry nose but that has lead to some serious chest colds for me in the past.

Also, be mindful the hemlock dust can kill. Not everybody is affected by it but a substantial portion of the population is. Mimosa is another wood that is miserable. The dust/smoke that comes off of it reminds me of CS gas.

Good looking stick. I miss the days when I would forget about everything and turn a bowl.

Be careful turning treated wood without a mask, can be very bad. The stuff they use to treat can also be very bad for humans. As a person who used to turn a lot of bowls I will say the dust from any wood can cause problems. Most times it is just a cough or really dry nose but that has lead to some serious chest colds for me in the past.

Also, be mindful the hemlock dust can kill. Not everybody is affected by it but a substantial portion of the population is. Mimosa is another wood that is miserable. The dust/smoke that comes off of it reminds me of CS gas.

Good looking stick. I miss the days when I would forget about everything and turn a bowl.

Ive made a habit of wearing a good mask anytime I work wood. I was working some exotic stuff for knife handles and read it about the danger so I just wear on for all of it now.

Guest Emtdaddy1980

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Yeah we have a full blacksmith shop and a full wood working shop with lathe, band saw, scroll saw, routers, planer, radial arm saw, cut off saw and lots of hand tools. We are very do it yourself. Blacksmithing, wood working, farming, house and cabin building, you name it lol.

Are you using commercial internet access or did you somehow build your own wifi? Seriously though that is awesome.