Road rage participant proudly defends his honor

Guest confidence

Guest confidence

Today I CC'ed into this little bitty store in my little bitty town and the owner who I know somewhat was talking to this guy I do not know but who we will call Mr. Gray. I heard Mr. Gray say that he was surprised no one had called the police and then he left. I looked at the owner and asked what was up and he told me this sketchy and incomplete story he had heard from Mr. Gray, who he knows.

Mr. Gray was supposedly driving down the highway in front of the store when a road rager starting tailing him and honking. At one point, the road rager rolled down his window, brandished his centrally located digit and called Mr. Gray old and fat. Apparently, not able to accept the truth about himself, Mr. Gray decided the most logical thing to do would be to present a firearm into the situation. This apparently involved waving it out the window threateningly and eventually pointing it directly at the road rager and cocking back the hammer. Losing his guts, the road rager then apparently passed our brave Mr. Gray who proceeded to chase him at speeds in excess of 110 MPH through a pedestrian populated area, eventually losing him. Proud of his protecting his honor, Mr. Gray decided to go back to the little bitty store and boast of his great bravery to the owner.

Both the owner and I agreed that this was a case of someone who had no business carrying a gun. Neither of us called the police, but shook our heads in disbelief. I think I might have called the police if I had heard it first hand, but I heard the story second hand from someone who I don't know that well. I could tell the owner did not want to get involved and was very glad the guy was gone.

Yea ... I agree with you. Sounds like a story of two idiots. One who shouldn't be driving a car, and the other who shouldn't be allowed to have a gun. The gun guy really should have thought this out. Going to jail for something idiotic like this is likely to get him "tailed too closely" in a way he cares for even less than on the open road.
  • Like 2

Today I CC'ed into this little bitty store in my little bitty town and the owner who I know somewhat was talking to this guy I do not know but who we will call Mr. Gray. I heard Mr. Gray say that he was surprised no one had called the police and then he left. I looked at the owner and asked what was up and he told me this sketchy and incomplete story he had heard from Mr. Gray, who he knows.

Mr. Gray was supposedly driving down the highway in front of the store when a road rager starting tailing him and honking. At one point, the road rager rolled down his window, brandished his centrally located digit and called Mr. Gray old and fat. Apparently, not able to accept the truth about himself, Mr. Gray decided the most logical thing to do would be to present a firearm into the situation. This apparently involved waving it out the window threateningly and eventually pointing it directly at the road rager and cocking back the hammer. Losing his guts, the road rager then apparently passed our brave Mr. Gray who proceeded to chase him at speeds in excess of 110 MPH through a pedestrian populated area, eventually losing him. Proud of his protecting his honor, Mr. Gray decided to go back to the little bitty store and boast of his great bravery to the owner.

Both the owner and I agreed that this was a case of someone who had no business carrying a gun. Neither of us called the police, but shook our heads in disbelief. I think I might have called the police if I had heard it first hand, but I heard the story second hand from someone who I don't know that well. I could tell the owner did not want to get involved and was very glad the guy was gone.

He should have shot the sumbitch in the shoulder. It would fix two things. The crazy guy would never carry a firearm again, and the road rager would never be a prick on the highway again. Sorry I'm in a bad mood and have no patience for stupid people and road rage. I wouldn't do it, but I mnow how Mr. Gray felt that day lol.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

Guest Lester Weevils

Well admittedly Mr. Gray has some deficits in judgement, but if the road rager has ANY capability of learning, then being threatened with a cocked pistol then car-chased by a fat crazy old coot might cause the fella to improve his road manners. :) Was OS somewhere in the vicinity?

Edited by Lester Weevils

Sounds like both were dumba$$es and niether needs to be driving a car and one certainly doesn't need to own a firearm, period!  You all know I for constitutional carry and hate background checks, but it's crap like this that makes me think differently sometimes.  MORONS!

Edited by Moped

Yea ... I agree with you. Sounds like a story of two idiots. One who shouldn't be driving a car, and the other who shouldn't be allowed to have a gun. The gun guy really should have thought this out. Going to jail for something idiotic like this is likely to get him "tailed too closely" in a way he cares for even less than on the open road.

or a car, either. Much less a gun.

• Like 1
I read a story last week about a road rage incident in Maryland. An off-duty district attorney investigator from NJ was visiting family near Annapolis, driving in his Kia mini-van with wife and kids. While heading back to New Jersey, he cut off another motorist. Letting his emotions get the best of him, the other motorist pulled along side the mini-van and attempted to run it off the road. The investigator returned the gesture, and upped the ante by waving his gun. The mini-van pulled over to let the other motorist continue on, but the motorist pulled over 150 feet ahead. The motorist thought about it and decided the best course of action to deal with an armed, agitated person is to jump out of his car and charge him. Seeing an unarmed agitated person coming at him from 150 feet away, the investigator decided to draw his gun, exit his mini-van and wait. When the other motorist closed to within 6 feet, the investigator fired two rounds from his .45; the first round striking the leg and the second hitting center mass. Now the irate motorist is dead, and the investigator is sitting in jail on a million dollar bond, charged with second degree murder.

Road rage with a single participant is bad enough. Hopefully one of the parties can use common sense and good judgement to defuse the situation before it escalates to something both parties regret.

This is why we need to bring back the duel. If the two gentlemen would have faced off and had a duel the world would have at least one less idiot to deal with this morning.

Nothing gets one more in tuned with common sense and respect for others than the fear of consequences. We have little fear of consequences in todays society
  • Like 1