Show me your painted/camoed rifles

Spots

Ok guys, the more I think about it, the more I realize that black is the worst possible color for a rifle that will go anywhere other than just to the range. So Im consdering painting up my AR 15. Any tips or tricks? I'm looking for examples, so please post pictures. Im looking for something that will blend well in the mountains here in East TN. Thanks guys

Jordan

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

AR15.com has a good painted rifle section, along with LF.

Rattlecan your rifle, it is quick, easy, and cheap.  Best of all, it is extremely effective.

IMO, throwing colored furniture is just for looks - not camoflauge.

Here is one I did a few years ago. It was actually very easy and only took about an hour to do.

Stockadestock.jpg

Here is another with the same kind but it was a little to gray for my area. It needed more greens.
IMG_1016.jpg

BTW, these were done with Krylon. It is the easiest to use and touch up. Once it has cured for a few weeks it is really durable. You can handle and use it the same day but is a little easy to chip.

• Like 1

Here is one I did a few years ago. It was actually very easy and only took about an hour to do.

Here is another with the same kind but it was a little to gray for my area. It needed more greens.

BTW, these were done with Krylon. It is the easiest to use and touch up. Once it has cured for a few weeks it is really durable. You can handle and use it the same day but is a little easy to chip.

Ill probably go with krylon then. The complex small patterns look great up close, but blob out at any distance. I mean stuff like kryptek typhoon, etc. I like the ones above

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere
Edited by Spots

This obviously isn't an AR, and I suspect you'll want to go with a different color scheme.  It's a little 10/22 I painted for my wife.  She likes the girly guns, and if it gets her interested, I figure what the hell.  Either way, this is the first gun I have camo'ed without just using rattles cans in random patterns.  I tore strips of masking tape to create the pattern, and you could repeat the same process a few times to produce more depth and more colors.  I did spray the top coat as just a clear enamel to keep it from chipping and just give it more of a smooth finish.  In retro spec, I should have used either more colors or taped off more purple spots, but I think she still liked it.

[URL=http://s1207.photobucket.com/user/72-oj/media/photo_zps328a50b6.jpg.html]photo_zps328a50b6.jpg[/URL]