IWB Holster for XD SubCompact

Guest kj4gxu

Guest kj4gxu

I picked up what will be my EDC weapon this weekend, A Springfield XD SubCompact in 40 S&W.  I expect my permit to be in this week (Wife and I applied at the same time and hers came in last week.)

My intent is to carry IWB during the summer and in the winter I may be carrying either IWB, OWB or in a coat pocket (It's got a chest pocket designed for Concealed Carry)

Anyone got an opinion on good IWB holsters for the XD Sub Compact?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most folks will recommend a Crossbreed or similar hybrid rig, but I love quality leather with loops (don't like metal or Kydex clips).  Like my TT Gunleather (Tim Thurner).

http://www.ttgunleather.com

Takes about 3 months or more to get one made, but he also offers the Phoenix line of ready USA made ones, according to his designs as I understand it, which I've seen touted as very nice also.

http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/c12_p1.html

Here's my XD subbie 9 in his Slim IWB  "Mikes Special" holster:

tt1.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest kj4gxu

Thanks Oh Shoot, that's a nice looking holster, seems a shame to hide it away.  Unfortunately I don't think the price or the three month wait are something I'm up for right now.

Crossbreed, CompTac, BladeTech, Milt Sparks, Raven concealment. . .just to name a few

these manufacturers all offer very popular IWB holsters.

Most people on the XD Forums definitely recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck. 

Thanks Oh Shoot, that's a nice looking holster, seems a shame to hide it away.  Unfortunately I don't think the price or the three month wait are something I'm up for right now.

The link I gave you have in stock availability, if you decide you want nice leather. I believe it was TGO David who got one of the "Phoenix" models, seemed very pleased with it.

You're gonna pay around at least fifty clams for anything truly worth a hoot in the first place, and another 50 or so ain't much considering the seriousness of carrying a heater in the first place, IMNSHO.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest kj4gxu

Congrats on the permit!  Don't forget to do the Walmart trip for your first ccw trip.

Actually I think it was Kroger.  Although since it came in I've carried it constantly unless I'm prevented by laws (Mostly places with gun busters) or rules (work)