Newest dose of the M Factor

Guest abailey362

Guest abailey362

Well while at Hero-Gear today I got a few new toys. The only one that I had intentions of getting when I went down was an XD(M). They didn't have one in last week so Joe ordered one and it came in today. Made the drive down and the got back to town in time for a quick range visit.

All I can say is wow. From the start these things are nice. The case it comes in is much larger than a normal handgun case. Nice design on it and a little better snap closures. Gun comes with 2 16 rd mags, a double mag holder, mag loader, and a new paddle holster, which replaces the crappy belt holster the XD's used to come with.

Got to the range and realized I didn't have any targets with me, but luckily there were some old ones still hanging and I did have a red sharpie with me. Out of the box the gun was accurate from all distances (well as accurate as I am) ranging from 5 yds to about 20. Gun feels even better in my hand than the original XD and the new grips are nice. Still has everything I liked about the original as well. The 4.5" length is a very nice medium. It doesn't feel as bulky as a tactical 5" model and I like the longer radius than the service model.

Put a total of 25 rds down her tonight and all were where they should be. The real test will be IDPA next weekend.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goomba

I own an XD .45... it is nice... but I'll have to admit, after fondeling an XD(M) at the last gun show... dang. that grip is real nice...

congrats on the new toy :D

I keep eyeing these things with lust. I had just seen them online til I went to the Reloader's Bench to pick up some ammo a week or two back, and they had the black and the stainless two tone. And yeah, it felt GREAT in the hand - I bet when it's loaded it'll be balanced amazinly well. Congrats for sure man!

Guest Linoge

Definitely liking the case set-up.

Now the only question is, "How long until Springfield takes what they learned off this and applies it to the whole line?"