My previous post was "is ten weeks excessive"

Here's the rest of the story...

My CZ75B Omega was ready for pickup AS PROMISED on 5/31 (I was out of town)

I picked it up 6/7 and it appears to be perfect, have not live-fire function tested it, but I am confident it will run flawlessly

I did drop it off on 3/1 with "6- 8" week lead time.

Biggest issue was lack of communication from the repair facility to me and mis-communication between the 'smith and department manager.

I originally went to Predator Custom and they said the CZ experts in town were Shannon and Bob at CCA.

Since this is my EDC, I want in the hands of the best in town, right?

What I didn't know was CCA had gotten WAY backed on work as they did not have a great process for scheduling in-bound work, kept taking in new work and got even farther behind the 8-ball.

Recognizing they needed a process, they hired Emily as the new Gunsmith Serivce Dept Manager. She is getting things rolling in the right direction. In order to take care of existing business, Emily accepted no new work for 90 days, which is a hard conversation to have with a customer needing service. I found out Emily is a CZ Girl and just bought a 75D, so you know she is cool!

Met both Bob and Shannon, Bob was the lead 'smith and Shannon said, "we learned A LOT about the Omega trigger system."

I also met Eric for the first time yesterday. Apologized for the delay, but  happy it was done and extremely happy that they were ahead of the curve and once again accepting new work.

Lessons Learned:

Lead time is not an exact science, even in the best of circumstances.

I still prefer local "mechanical" service; what if I had sent it off to CZ-USA, received it back and during the inital 100 -200 round function test, it mal-functioned? Back off to CZ?

A gunsmith is not a just part swapper, even with stock guns using OEM parts, sometimes they still need to fitted and mechanisms adjusted.

I will continue to patronize CCA

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always nice to have good people who are local for this kind of thing. I like being able to personally interact with someone in these kinds of things.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you. Let us know how that CZ works out for you, I'm getting pretty curious about the brand myself.

Sometimes gunsmith time equals dog years.

At one point during the process, the statement was made, "we've only had it since March..."

That's when I knew time moves a little differently for 'smiths

It's always nice to have good people who are local for this kind of thing. I like being able to personally interact with someone in these kinds of things.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you. Let us know how that CZ works out for you, I'm getting pretty curious about the brand myself.

Can't speak for the polymers, but would highly recommend any of the steel or alloy 75 platforms.