Beijing Summer Olympics 2008

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Does anyone know if Comcast On-Demand has the opening ceremonies? I was able to find the lighting of the torch and the speeches, but that was it. I'm looking for all the other stuff as well.

Thanks.

Yeah the lighting of the Olympic flame was awesome, the rest of the ceremony was just as great. Minus the extremely long and boring parade of nations.

Yeah the lighting of the Olympic flame was awesome, the rest of the ceremony was just as great. Minus the extremely long and boring parade of nations.

I missed all that. Oddly enough, I was at the Chinese buffet with some friends while the opening ceremonies were on TV. Now I'm trying to find it.

I would have thought Comcast would have it on their On-Demand section, but I can't find the whole thing.

Guest bkelm18
I missed all that. Oddly enough, I was at the Chinese buffet with some friends while the opening ceremonies were on TV. Now I'm trying to find it.

I would have thought Comcast would have it on their On-Demand section, but I can't find the whole thing.

I think it might be copyrighted. I tried looking on YouTube but most of the stuff has been removed.

Guest Valkyrie

Yeah, the men's relay was amazing. I laughed SO hard at the reactions of the French team when America pulled through and beat them. I especially loved the win because of the "We are going to smash them! It's what we came here to do." comment from the French. Made the whole victory even sweeter. :D

Guest Phantom6
nail on the head.

Did you know that people are being forced to leave their homes or wherever they sleep at night so as the city will not look so unsightly? Yanno homeless people on the street and all. How well would that go over here?

The Olympics say is in Nashville and 30 to 40 percent of the cities population is forced to go somehwere else so as to not contribute to what the gov't sees as an embarressment

Well that's pretty much what they are doing in Denver for the Dem's convention. They are rounding up all the homeless folks and sending them to suburban shelters, movies, plays and what not to get 'em off the streets so as not to embarress the city and the Dems when all the "Obamites" come to town. Apparantly it's OK to talk about all the homeless and poor and to promise to re-distribute the wealth to care for them but please don't ask the Obamites to actually view the dirty bastards.

Guest db99wj

Hoff lost the gold by a fingertip, and the mens relay, wow!

I watched some of the gymnastics. It is frustrating with everything relys on the "judges". The commentators even said one of our girls got robbed. I didn't say anything cause my 5yr old daughter was loving it.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I used to enjoy the gymnastics when I was younger- the stuff those folks do is simply amazing. But now that I'm nearly 30, I can't watch the women's stuff without feeling like a little bit of a perv.

:P

Guest db99wj
I used to enjoy the gymnastics when I was younger- the stuff those folks do is simply amazing. But now that I'm nearly 30, I can't watch the women's stuff without feeling like a little bit of a perv.

:P

Notice my comment mentioned my 5 year old daughter, who by the way, is taking gymnastics......I have a 9 year old daughter too that likes to watch the gymnastics....;)

:popcorn:

Yeah, I hear you. The one on the US team that I like the most is 20 years old, so I don't feel too bad. :lol:

Guest Verbal Kint

Well... Germany has that 31yo chick on their team, if that makes you feel any better. But you would probably have to get in touch with your semi-homosexual side, as she looks like a dude. :popcorn: