What song do you absolutely loathe?

mav

• Moderators

That one song by Nickleback, and by "one song" I mean all of them. They are all the same song and they are all just horrifically terrible.

They actually do have a few good ones. "Saving Me" and "If Today Was Your Last Day" arent all that bad. Probably not out of left feild for them considering their lifestyle but its not about heavy boozing and partying like usual.

Nope, terrible. What lifestyle would that be? General douchebaggerness and the fucking ruining of rock 'n roll?
Guest RedLights&Sirens

Nope, terrible. What lifestyle would that be? General douchebaggerness and the ####ing ruining of rock 'n roll?

Haha Im glad I finished my cigar before reading this or I would have choked the last of it down laughing. But yea pretty much thats what I meant.

Nope, terrible. What lifestyle would that be? General douchebaggerness and the ####ing ruining of rock 'n roll?

Uh, I think those honors may go to Insane Clown Posse and Slipknot. :ugh:

You just compared slipknit to icp? I love Slipkont and hate icp. 90% of new country disgust me, bout the only new country I like is Hank The Third and a few others. The one I hate the most is that chew tobbaco song...

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

Wow. I think It's a classic. Brilliant lyric writing & imagery, although it's pretty cryptic unless you know the backstory.

Do you hate the song itself, or just because it's been run into the ground by endless repetition? (also applies to "Free Bird")

Repetition - I'm sick of it.
Guest bluecanary25

Loving You by Minnie Riperton....... my kids play it JUST to irritate me. 

la, la, la, la, la...... aaiiieeeee!!!!!  

Me no like!

You just compared slipknit to icp? I love Slipkont and hate icp. 90% of new country disgust me, bout the only new country I like is Hank The Third and a few others. The one I hate the most is that chew tobbaco song...

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

I'm with ya on the Hank III. :up:   Don't care for ICP or Slipknot though.

It's weird-- some "theatrical" bands are OK, yet I don't care for others-- Gwar for example.

I don't really classify Slipknot as a theatrical band though, just not crazy about the material. Yet I always liked White Zombie/Rob Zombie stuff-- similar but different. Go figure.

Me no like!

Haha-- supposedly the only other person who can hit that high F note besides Minnie Riperton is John Stamos' brother... at least if you believe that early Southpark episode.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

While ICP may be far more terrible of an act, I would posit that Nickleback's sales numbers and popularity afford them a much wider and therefore more destructive influence. Arguably the biggest band in rock n roll is Nickleback. That says more about the sad state of affairs than I really care to speak aloud.
  • Like 1

Sympathy for the Devil - Rolling Stones.  That endless "hoo-hoo" crap drives me nucking futs. 

Wow. I think It's a classic. Brilliant lyric writing & imagery, although it's pretty cryptic unless you know the backstory.

Do you hate the song itself, or just because it's been run into the ground by endless repetition? (also applies to "Free Bird")

Free bird - Mostly repetition. 

While I know zip about ICP, don't let the Slipknot image fool you. Not only are they talented musicians, they f'ing rock!  :rock:

Me no like!

Like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I hate "country rap" - an oxymoron of sorts. Just can't handle the blend.

That one song by Nickleback, and by "one song" I mean all of them. They are all the same song and they are all just horrifically terrible.

I thought I was the only one so emotionally opposed to Nickleback. The chick I was dating when they cut their first album would play their crap nonstop everywhere we went. It didn't last.

Nickleback should have their emo crap banned from rock stations.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

I thought I was the only one so emotionally opposed to Nickleback.

I think a very strong case could be made that Nickleback's "music" can be classified as an act of terrorism by Canadia.

The song that never ends from Lamb Chops Play Along

"This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend . . ."

Now it's stuck in your head (again).  You're welcome!

Guest Travtastik
Smells like teen spirit by nirvana
Dragula by rob zombie

These two song are on the top of my list. I booed a stripper that danced to dragula and was asked to leave.

I will agree nickelback is terrible, but I seen them once and they did two rage against the machine covers that were awesome.
Guest Lester Weevils

There are so many bad songs to choose from, though it is difficult to tell the difference between a truly bad song versus one ruined by over-exposure, because the emotional response is so similar. There are decent enough songs that I would never willingly listen to because of over-exposure. Then there are the songs so terrible that they are fabulous, which is another category entirely.

Some songs are inexplicably fun to play even though I've overdosed on them. The stones Honky Tonk Women is just a good old barrelhouse bar song that is still fun to play, especially toward the end of the evening. But it fits in a category of good old live-playing songs I wouldn't survive listening to it on the radio. I'd just about have to switch channels to avoid hearing it yet again on the radio.

But fetching up a few candidates for worst song, whether from genuine suckiness or fatigue, or combination thereof I can't say--

Feelings - Morris Albert

The Way We Were - Streisand

All By Myself - Eric Carmen

I Will Always Love You - Especially the Whitney arrangement, regardless who is singing it.

New York New York - All versions suck, but some versions have the ultra-suck property enabled

The Time of My Life - from Dirty Dancing, or any remakes or copies of that damn ditty

I think a very strong case could be made that Nickleback's "music" can be classified as an act of terrorism by Canadia.

I think that could be validated by the existence of Avril Levigne.

It's been a loooong while since I've been in a record store, but I remember seeing one of her albums classified under "Punk". I'm like "whaaaaa?"
  • Like 2
Anything at all by the Doors. Hate em, can't stand them at all. If one more half brained, patchouli stinking dip$hit tells me "I just don't get it because Jim was a poet man." I might just have to &itch slap someone.

Also can't stand most any Eric Clapton cover. He has almost come close to ruining J.J Cale for me. Almost.

Like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I hate "country rap" - an oxymoron of sorts. Just can't handle the blend.

Yup every time I hear one of those rap/country songs I just think "wow, these guys really suck" haven't heard a single one that was even remotely interesting or well thought-out, let alone was actually a "good tune"...
Guest RedLights&Sirens

I think that could be validated by the existence of Avril Levigne.

It's been a loooong while since I've been in a record store, but I remember seeing one of her albums classified under "Punk". I'm like "whaaaaa?"

Shes about as punk as the people who work at Hot Topic. Not trying to stereotype here but with a whopping one tattoo, Im more punk than they are. Which dosnt say much about her.

Its my understanding shes with the Nickleback guy, thats what I heard at least cuz frankly I can care less about celebrity drama. Edited by RedLights&Sirens