Got a new one!!! S&W Sigma 9VE

Guest Boomhower

Guest Boomhower

Click here

Went into a J Floyd's Golf and Guns yesterday. They just opened a new store here in Knoxville off of I-75 at Merchents Drive. Some of you may be familiar with the there other store in Sevierville. Anyways, went in there not looking for this gun un particular, but once I held it, it was all but over. I actually left the store to come home and read some reviews and even asked the the opinions of some of you guys online at the time (BTW, thanks for the quick responses guys). The gun was on sale and this was the last day. It came with 2 16 rd mags and included a manufacture rebate of $30 or 2 extra 10 or 16 rd mags (buyers choice). So not being familiar with the gun, I hope this doesn't prove to be an impulse purchase. If it shoots as good as it feels, I'll be overwhelmed with joy!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6

A Glock in Smith's clothing! I know the price sure beat a Glock though.:up:

I started to buy one of those a while back but the trigger pull seemed a bit stout for me. Of course at the price they are offering those one could certainly afford to have the trigger tuned up for sure.

Don't forget to bring it with you Saturday sniper.gif

Guest Phantom6
Yep, it looks sweet. I can't wait to shoot it this weekend. ;)

Yup! Nothin' like shootin' somebody else's gun. :eek: Especially if you don't have to clean it:clap:

Guest Boomhower
Hey BOOMhower..heheh now your name will have a whole new meaning!

Nice piece man!

:eek:

Thanks. Yeah we made jokes of that when I first joined.

I had a friend that one of these, but in a .40 cal! It was a nice shooting gun. And very accurate as I recall!

I hope so. I'm very pleased with the feel. I'm sure you guys get the same feeling when you buy a new one, but I can't put it down for to long until I pick it back up again.

I was thinking about going with the 40 cal. and they only had 1 left the 1st time I was there. So as you can imigiane when I came back the 2nd time they had just sold it. So that helped me make the decision between 9mm or 40 cal.

Guest Boomhower
Well, the 9mm is a little cheaper to shoot!

True, but I plan on picking up my father's Ruger P89 DC after while, so I kinda wanted the 40 on this one, but I wasn't gonna be real chosey for the price.

Guest Boomhower
I honestly never heard anyone use the word "choosey" outside a Jif commercial until this thread :eek:

;) Well I really don't know what I want at this point. So I figure, I'll jump in and try this one out. If I don't like it, then off to the next, and maybe I'll find something else that I have seen or have heard experience of.

Guest Kingfish

When I was out and about looking for my carry gun, I almost went with the Sigma. That was until I held the Taurus 24/7. The Sigma was just a little short in the grip for my paws. I do like the trigger pull on the Sigma. For a carry gun it is great.