What you picked up at Blade 2013?

I started this thread for everyone to post their goodies they got from the Blade Show.  Unfortunately, I will have to post mine tomorrow since I have yet to receive it.  After seeing Steve's thread on RMJ Tactical, I had to have one.  It will be my SHTF tool as well as taking it backpacking/camping.  I almost got a Berserker as well, but I thought better of it.

I talked to the RMJ guys today and almost picked up a Berserker myself. It is an awesome hawk and I will probably end up with one. I've had a Shrike for a couple of years. I also talked to the Winkler folks and was close to picking up one of their hawks too. In the end I bought a 2-Hawks Heavy Camp Axe and a bunch of blades.

Too many goodies to get them all...

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too. 

I had $100 to spend, and I bought the last Spyderco S30V Paramilitary 2 at the Knifeworks booth for $117. It was just sheer, dumb luck.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/zoombah1954/8916219412/]8916219412_a177bcb7a9_c.jpg[/url]

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too. 

I had $100 to spend, and I bought the last Spyderco S30V Paramilitary 2 at the Knifeworks booth for $117. It was just sheer, dumb luck.

8916219412_a177bcb7a9_c.jpg

That is a great price.

I'm going to give a full rundown of my experience this year.  

I arrived in Atlanta on Thursday and checked into my hotel around 2 pm.  I headed over to the Pit at Waverly shortly after and immediately started hanging out and meeting people.  Only met a few before it was time for dinner.  Horton and crew (myself included) went to Vortex Bar & Grill.   After a great burger, we headed back to the pit.  I hung out with friends and met Tom Krein, Michael Burch, and Jon Graham.  I was talking to Graham about the show and the knife I was hoping to buy and he told me that he already sold it to a dealer.  My heart sunk.  That knife was my primary reason for taking any money to the show.  It sucked.  That's okay.  I was still hoping I could score a Stout folder.  Talked to Graham more and handled all of his knives and then it was approaching 1 am.  I headed back to the hotel and passed out for the night. 

Friday morning I was up at 6 and at the show around 7:10 or so.  There were 4 people in line in front of me.  Because of my weight and some back issues, I couldn't stand until the doors opened and I needed to sit on a wall to support my back.  But there wasn't a place for that in line.  So I sat on the other side of the door.  Well around 11:40, twenty minutes before the show opened, they made me get in line.  I explained that I had been there since 7 and wasn't going to the back of the line but they weren't helpful.  So I went to talk to the four people that were in front of me and the conversation went like this...

"Hey, I know that yall were here first, and..."

"YOU AREN'T GETTING IN FRONT OF US!"
"Whoa, calm down man.  I wasn't trying to get in front and I was trying to be nice."
"I DON'T CARE.  YOU WEREN'T HERE WHEN WE WERE!"

"I'm done with this.  There was no reason for you to be rude to me."

So I started walking around them towards the line and the people right behind them heard the whole thing and said that they saw me there when they got there.  They let me in line with them.  Thankfully.  But all of that sitting on the ground and stress took its toll.  My body was already starting to ache.  

The doors opened and I ran in and went straight to Stout's table.  All of his folders were gone.  He sold them all to a dealer before the doors opened.  So I told him I might be back to pick up one of the fixed blades.  

I headed to Fellhoelter's table and picked up a frikky and a TiBolt.  Then it looked at a couple of things and headed back to Stout.  Picked up a large fixed blade and headed to Graham's table to say hello.  While there, I ran into Dylan Fletcher and followed him to Dogwood Dan's booth.  Picked up a couple things from Fletcher and then went to Horton's table to pick up a fixed blade and then to the USN table to work my shift.  After all of that, I was fully exhausted.  It was just too much for me.  So I headed back to the hotel, defeated from not getting what I wanted and aggravated at the situation at the line.  

Took a quick nap and then back to the pit.  Hung out with friends and met some new folks.  But I was still reeling from it all so I decided to head home Saturday.  

I missed all of the production booths and missed out on some custom knives as well.  Next year, I won't be planning ahead.  I'll just be going to have a good time.  

Here is what I ended up with though.  

Fletcher Operator 575 blacked out

Stout Megalodon

Fletcher Esteban

Vagnino Necker

Fellhoelter frikky and TiBolt

ABC34F17-E7E8-4F06-A4CB-66ADBA164DC1-137

Here is what I had a friend pick up for me,  a RMJ Tactical Feather Kestrel.

20130603121406.jpg

The weight 1.175 lbs, and it is totally badass.  In the right hands, which are not mine, it is one serious best not **** with me tools.  Everyone that has handled it is amazed at how light it is. 

The same friend picked up a Medford Praetorian Ti.  That is one huge knife.  I will post some pics of it later.

Edited by mav
  • Like 1

Here is the Medford Praetorian Ti a friend of mine picked up.  The knife is an absolute beast.  The blade thickness is 0.260".

img95201306039516135895.jpg

img95201306039516134195.jpg

img95201306039516132895.jpg

img95201306039516124795.jpg

I wouldn't mind having one of these for myself, but they are a little pricey.

Edited by mav

Here is the Medford Praetorian Ti a friend of mine picked up.  The knife is an absolute beast.  The blade thickness is 0.260".

img95201306039516124795.jpg

I wouldn't mind having one of these for myself, but they are a little pricey.

Reminds me of the Brous Blades Reloader. I got to fondle one at Blade and I really, really wanted it.

http://www.brousblades.com/?wpsc-product=2-limited-edition-blackout-silent-soldier-flipper

Edited by daddyo